Borat Movie

Jagshemesh! Just saw it a couple of days ago at sneak preview... its was quite possible the funniest movie i have ever seen... of course it is the same jokes over and over again but much much more extreme... i am slightly biased since he is my hero... never the less, when this comes out on nov 3rd, you simply must see it...

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I am not know Borat until yesterday when friend show clip on interwebs. Talented and hairy, I wish for him a thousand virgins in afterlife! Plus I go look on his movie.

cowboy.gif

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
I am not know Borat until yesterday when friend show clip on interwebs. Talented and hairy, I wish for him a thousand virgins in afterlife! Plus I go look on his movie.

cowboy.gif
Check out the Ali G show.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
I knew he looked familiar... I guess they're one and the same. Truly, a master of disguises!
Sasha's three aliases are like, half the point of the show. It CAN be hilarious at times, but the formula does get old after consecutive views in my opinion, which is why I don't have that much faith in a Borat movie. We'll see though.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Walter said:
Sasha's three aliases are like, half the point of the show. It CAN be hilarious at times, but the formula does get old after consecutive views in my opinion, which is why I don't have that much faith in a Borat movie. We'll see though.
Yeah, I understand how a repetitive formula can really kill the comedy of a show if it isn't done correctly. However, I'm going to end up seeing Borat on opening night (for a friend's birthday), so I guess I'll find out if it works for me the hard way. :} But thus far, I'm willing to be optomistic, since I'm good for a cheap laugh as it is.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite Borat bit is his "moment" of silence. :guts:
"Everyone, please... let's have 10 minute silence for the Hachmilaj massacre..."
"Ah, did you say... 10 minutes?"
"Ayes, shh. Shh."
*ahem*
"Excuse me sir. No coughing. Now we start over."

"Thank you."
I hope they do that in the movie.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I remember watching Ali G on Channel 4 back in England, way back when. I loved it, but never really understood Borat. Now I can appreciate the humour more and therefore I'm really excited about this movie. I'm chuffed for Sacha Baron Cohen and his achievements and I hope it does well in the Box Office :guts:

P.S. British Comedian's still reign supreme.

the ali g movie was total shit and defeated the whole point of the character; to bring out the worst in people and make them look like fools... fortunately the borat movie is still interviews and crazy social stunts

Psymont 2.0 said:
the ali g movie was total shit and defeated the whole point of the character; to bring out the worst in people and make them look like fools... fortunately the borat is still interviews and crazy social stunts

Well your right, The Ali G movie wasn't that good to the character. But Borat is still cool, So I reckon this movie is alot more funnier

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Man, those last Ernest movies really didn’t do the Cerritos Auto Square commercials justice.

I’m really looking forward to the new Vern movie, though.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Saw the preview a while ago, looked pretty funny. I may see it, but it seems like one you've gotta see with a bunch of friends.

S

smoke

I saw it the other day. I laughed very hard at several points, and chuckled pretty regularly. I think the critics who said this was the "funniest movie of all time" are exaggerating, but it's definitely a more entertaining movie than any recent comedy.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
smoke said:
I saw it the other day. I laughed very hard at several points, and chuckled pretty regularly. I think the critics who said this was the "funniest movie of all time" are exaggerating, but it's definitely a more entertaining movie than any recent comedy.

Yeah, in no way was it the "funniest movie of all time," but I laughed almost continuously throughout. I really lost it during the hotel room fight. You'll know it when you see it... :griff:

Rhombaad said:
I really lost it during the hotel room fight.  You'll know it when you see it... :griff:

Ugh...just ugh. But yea, a funny movie to watch to kill some time. I like the chicken scene. "Go, Live your life!"

Top Bottom