Breaking Bad

Death May Die said:

Wow. I had no idea that they named the blue* ranger after him. Between that, Malcolm in the Middle, and X-Files, I swear the man has been in nearly every show I watched as I grew up.

*Fun Fact: The reason for the blue power ranger's distinctive color is they used methylamine instead of pseudoephedrine in the armor making process.

I can't decide what's more degrading this or this

It's a pretty inspirational story though. One guy works his way up from power rangers and ass cream commercials to network TV guest spots to sitcom regular to the greatest role ever filmed.

Walter said:
ALL BOW TO KING HYPERBOLE :ganishka:

It's really amazing when you see Walter White from season 5 and compare him to the Walter White of season 1. There is a night and day difference between these characters. Yet throughout the show, I can't think of an instance where the character acted in a way I wasn't willing to accept. A multifaceted character at one extreme evolves believably over many years into a multifaceted character of the opposite extreme. That's what makes the performance such a unique accomplishment.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Bryan Cranston was also the main character of one of my favorite anime OVAs, Macross Plus. He actually does a really nice job as Isamu as do most of the rest of the cast besides the female lead, the only one making me want to watch the Japanese dub instead. He was also in The Wings of Honnêamise, Gainax's first major work. ANIME. :schnoz:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
bb-dd.jpg

(CLICK)
As found on Facebook.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
What I want to know is, where does Holly fall in here? Chaotic poopy? :???: But scary to think that Tuco and Walt probably fall under the same category right now.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Skeleton said:
I don't know if it's the premise, the fact it'll be on CBS, or what, but the alarm bells are going off in my head. I just don't get the feeling that Battle Creek will be that good of a show. However, like Walter said, if any writer is going to prove me wrong it'll be Gilligan. I'll go in with an open mind. My expectations are pretty low right now though.

He should team up with David Simon to create the ultimate tv drama.

Did somebody else noticed that Walt is having the exact same drink when he explain to Jesse what is Gray Matter/the Empire Businness (506 - Buyout) and during the latst episode when he saw Gretchen/Elliott on tv ?

I'm sure others already pointed out the fact the way some majors event mirrored themself. But man, it's always so meaningful and cool to notice. Another reason why Aaz should watch it :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ryouma said:
Did somebody else noticed that Walt is having the exact same drink when he explain to Jesse what is Gray Matter/the Empire Businness (506 - Buyout) and during the latst episode when he saw Gretchen/Elliott on tv ?

I'm sure others already pointed out the fact the way some majors event mirrored themself. But man, it's always so meaningful and cool to notice. Another reason why Aaz should watch it :void:
He drank scotch. Most people have certain drinks they like. Not necessarily meaningful.

In real life, sure. But it's not the fact he's drinking something. It's the fact it occurs on the same exact subject and i don't recall Walt having the same drink many times. So for mise-en-scene and scriptwriting perspective and from my point of view, there's a reason. Even if it's a aesthetical choice.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Preview images from finale, really only spoilers in the strictest sense of the word:

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/photo-galleries/breaking-bad-season-5-episode-photos/#/161

Nice house in the background. Gretchen's and Elliot's? Styled somewhat like Hank's too.

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/photo-galleries/breaking-bad-season-5-episode-photos/#/162

Looks like Walt making his escape across country.

Dar_Klink

While looking at the guide on my tv I noticed IFC is doing a Malcolm in the Middle marathon at the same time as AMC's Breaking Bad one, followed by Scarface playing while BrBa's finale is on. Think I can just watch those and get the same effect? :troll:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Walter said:
Unfortunately, I don't think those two would be compatible.

Yeah, i doubt the guy with the writing skills and the broader vision would team up with the other just for increased entertainment value.

Anyway, hoping for quite the spectacle tonight.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
Yeah, i doubt the guy with the writing skills and the broader vision would team up with the other just for increased entertainment value.

I don't think Vince Gilligan would mind working with David Simon that much. :griffnotevil: Though he may not think more of such a collaboration than any other:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/sep/20/breaking-bad-writers-room-vince-gilligan said:
"The worst thing the French ever gave us is the auteur theory," he said flatly. "It's a load of horseshit. You don't make a movie by yourself, you certainly don't make a TV show by yourself. You invest people in their work. You make people feel comfortable in their jobs; you keep people talking."

In his room, he said, all writers were equal, an approach that he insisted had less to do with being a Pollyanna than with pure, selfish practicality. "There's nothing more powerful to a showrunner than a truly invested writer," he said. "That writer will fight the good fight."

NightCrawler said:
Anyway, hoping for quite the spectacle tonight.

Unhealthy attitude alert: I just hope they don't blow it! :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Right before watching it I was saying to my friend "It's sad we'll probably never see Skinny P or Badger again" I'm glad I was wrong.

Top Bottom