Buying translations ?

Perfectly_Blue

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I know im a newbie but

Ive noticed that there are no translations between books 6 to 17. I would really like to read this part of the manga ^_^
I was wondering if anyone else does ?
Ive found a site that sells translations of Berserk of these volumes and also up to book 21. I was wondering if were were to all the help buy them perhaps we could put them on this site so they are free to everyone like the majority of translations in text format.They are quite cheap, well not over the top anyway.

Its just an idea.

*prepares armour to deflect the many knifes that are going to be thrown at him*

Robin

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I know im a newbie but

Ive noticed that there are no translations between books 6 to 17. I would really like to read this part of the manga ^_^
I was wondering if anyone else does ?
Ive found a site that sells translations of Berserk of these volumes and also up to book 21. I was wondering if were were to all the help buy them perhaps we could put them on this site so they are free to everyone like the majority of translations in text format.They are quite cheap, well not over the top anyway.

Its just an idea.

*prepares armour to deflect the many knifes that are going to be thrown at him*

Robin
Well, see that would be BLATANT piracy (not that my scans arent or anything...) And in addition to that, those translations ( i assume you are talking about Aclimate Solutions) aren't very good. I have volume translations of theirs from vol 9-19, and theyre only useful for getting the very basic translation of a scene. Even then, they usually skip a lot of the more complex word bubbles.

Short answer, No I will not host anything like that on my site. I will however host fan-translations.

Perfectly_Blue

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Ah thanx for that.

Im not too sure what you mean by the piracy issue, all translations should be free, its just that they charge for the paper, the same way that when your buying fansubbs on tape you pay for the tape and the packaging not the actual fansubb.

I guess that now Berserk has a license on both its manga and anime it might not be such a good idea.

But if they are bad translations anyway, it does nt really matter, just forget i mentioned it.

LOL

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that now Berserk has a license on both its manga and anime it might not be such a good idea.
Well first of all it IS illegal to have textual translations, and legally fansubs are illegal as well. The Berserk Anime was liscened by Media Blasters, and the manga being liscened is still just a rumor (one over a year old now too)

mrgoatman

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I'm not expert on the law or anything. But a translation is just that. As long as you don't charge for it, I would think you can post any combinations of english letters you want on your web site.

Top Bottom