Can the Dragon Slayer be broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone! :ubik: :ubik: :ubik:

as title suggests, do you think someone will ever be able to break the dragon slayer?

It is not explicit but i think that transformed Mozgus could be able to break it with the double-wing-smash (from Guts' reaction), i think also grunbeld has the potential to do it.

However, DS suffers time as it has been repaired after two years of slaughtering but now Godot is dead, do you think the wizards in Skellig will repair it or they are just able to emprove its "shadow" (the power to hit astral beings) as they are not blacksmith but just mages?

So, do you think/fear someone will ever be able to break it? How will Guts manages it? Please note that enemies are escalating while the Dragonslayer remains a piece of raw iron, tempered, mystical and huge, but still a piece of iron.

Waiting for your opinions, i apologize for my english but i am ignorant and typing from a smartphone :judo:

To answer your question, yes it can be broken. Nothing has been stated that the Dragon Slayer is a invulnerable weapon incapable of being destroyed. However it is very durable and has managed to withstand a lot of trauma. Also, the ability the weapon gained does not aide it's durability. It just allows Guts to fight against beings who are intangible as it can damage their astral body.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Fonta said:
as title suggests, do you think someone will ever be able to break the dragon slayer?

The title asked whether the Dragon Slayer can be broken. The answer is that yes, it can, like Pink-Dark-Boy said. Why couldn't it be?

However, now you're asking if someone will actually break it in the story... That's a very different question, and I personally wouldn't bet on that occurring. The only scenario in which it could happen to me would be at the very end of the series, during its final battle. And even then it's merely a possibility.

Fonta said:
do you think the wizards in Skellig will repair it or they are just able to emprove its "shadow" (the power to hit astral beings) as they are not blacksmith but just mages?

The aura (not a "shadow") the Dragon Slayer has acquired after years and cutting through evil spirits is probably not something the magicians living in Skellig will be able or willing to improve. However among the elves of Elfhelm there might be dwarves who would be more than able to refurbish it.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
However, now you're asking if someone will actually break it in the story... That's a very different question, and I personally wouldn't bet on that occurring. The only scenario in which it could happen to me would be at the very end of the series, during its final battle. And even then it's merely a possibility.

I remember asking that question here a long time ago and you answered the exact same thing, which I agree. :guts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom