Casca with a brain

nostyleart

Quixotic
Re: Caska With A Brain

i think if caska regains her mind, she won't pick up a sword anymore, she'll just be moral support to guts and maybe a wife. maybe they'll pump out another guts who helps fight GH and griffith.

nostyleart said:
i think if caska regains her mind, she won't pick up a sword anymore, she'll just be moral support to guts and maybe a wife.  maybe they'll pump out another guts who helps fight GH and griffith.
Yeah, Guts is really going to have sex with her again and wait 15 years for this "kid" to grow up and fight with him. Cha' right, what makes you think he won't be just like Gambino?

Unless she refuses to go on with the journey to kill Griffith, (and she probably will go with Guts) then she will definitely pick up a sword and kill once again.

nostyleart

Quixotic

same way guts was brought up by gambino;s wife and gambimno he can do, but there is a softer side to guts.
when he saved that moon child from falling and held it in his arms, and when frlt love for casca, etc.
i thiink he'd be a great father, just after he kills giffith and ends GH

I seem to have interpreted what SK said about Caska differently (or perhaps incorrectly) from everyone else. I thought he meant, that although Guts may want her to regain her memory, maybe Caska preferrs to stay insane. Ignorance is bliss.

that would make sense to a degree,

but i think it would be kinda hard for her to choose between the two,

a good question is are you insane if you know you are insane? ???

obviously not because it would be impossible to know you are insane because insanity basically means the lights are on, but nobodys home  :-X

and i really dont think she would want to remain insane if she had the chance,

i do think what most people think about her not wanting what guts might want,

but being insane is at the bottom of the list,

just my thoughts  :-*

- c

Caska would not have a preference on whether she would like to be sane or not, but it must be obvious even to Skullknight that if she becomes sane again great pain will come with it.

I believe it was Schopenhauer who said "Life without pain has no meaning."

I don't think SK's message should be interpreted as Caska not wanting to become sane. It should be looked at like, Guts wants to chase revenge but Caska might not want to chase revenge. That's how I see it.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!

dwarfkicker said:
I don't think SK's message should be interpreted as Caska not wanting to become sane.  It should be looked at like, Guts wants to chase revenge but Caska might not want to chase revenge.  That's how I see it.

I'm with you on this one. I think this is the most probable theory (though perhaps the not the most possible seeing as how Miura likes to throw in twists). Hell with the Band of the Hawks truely gone now, she may even see this as a final oportunity to finally put down the responsibilities of and for the Hawks and others that she has carried for so long and make a break to a semi-normal life... perhaps she'll decide to put all this behind her and focus on the future knowing that the past can only bring more pain and be the one asking Guts to come away and make a life with her instead of the the other way around (as it was in the past).

I think it'll all come down to wether she remembers all that has happened in her regressed form (if and when she regains her sanity) and how she reacts to those memories. Will she want vengence like Guts and if so how far is she willing to walk down that road? Will she be the one to cage the Guts Beast? Can she truely apriecate the sacrifices, the pain Guts has borne for her and other around him?

There's sooo many possibilities and this right here is one of the things that makes me love Berserk, its the not knowing. Miura's a good enough writer for be to only be able to venture a guess but never to anticipate whats coming next. Plus after all the anticipation revolving around the build up to this point, great things are most likely coming...

heres an interesting possibilty,

not very probable i might add, but possible  :D,

what if when she gains her sanity,

all the memories set in and she decides to go hunt down and kill

Zodd? :eek:

maybe because something happened behind the scenes and the child was really Zodds!

ok, i know its far fetched, but i thought it was amusing,

so kill me  :-X

- c  ;)

ps. interesting though, yes? 8)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.

Kyosuke said:
I'm with you on this one. I think this is the most probable theory (though perhaps the not the most possible seeing as how Miura likes to throw in twists). Hell with the  Band of the Hawks truely gone now, she may even see this as a final oportunity to finally put down the responsibilities of and for the Hawks and others that she has carried for so long and make a break to a semi-normal life... perhaps she'll decide to put all this behind her and focus on the future knowing that the past can only bring more pain and be the one asking Guts to come away and make a life with her instead of the the other way around (as it was in the past).

Though I can see SK's words to mean Caska's indifference to fight for Guts, I see it more as what Tarnaak said in her earlier post. During the years after the eclipse, Caska's been living in her own little world and though seeing apostles and horrible things do frighten her, she still doesn't seem to be fazed by these occurences like your average sane person would. Most people would probably be scarred for life not being able to forget the terrible things they saw. However, for Caska, everyday is almost like a clean slate. Her mind can't comprehend these situations and she only acts on her primal instincts and urges. In the state she's in, she seems to be in a perpetual state of ignorance.

However, if you were to take that away from her and she would regain her memories from before the eclipse, there may not be much of a consequence at first. However, she'll soon find out that the world that she remembered is completely different, the man she had once admired and would have given her life away in a second to protect had turned into a demon and raped her, and the man who she grew to love is now a killing machine. Those are all things that she would rather not learn. Curing her would force her to learn the things that had happened in the last few years and there is no possible way for her to be able to take all that information without hating Guts for telling her how everything she loved and remembered has now become twisted and unknown.

That's at least my interpretation of SK's meaning. But like all things, it could be seen differently. That's just my side of it.

I think it'll all come down to wether she remembers all that has happened in her regressed form (if and when she regains her sanity) and how she reacts to those memories. Will she want vengence like Guts and if so how far is she willing to walk down that road? Will she be the one to cage the Guts Beast? Can she truely apriecate the sacrifices, the pain Guts has borne for her and other around him?

I completely agree with you on this one. There are so many possibilities for how Caska will react depending on how much she remembers. For example, what if her last memory where to be a time when she was a part of the BoTH before Guts joined them? Also, what is she remembers everything that happened to her while she was insane? I think we'll just have to wait on this one.

Casca's memory/sanity

Thought I'd make this a separate topic.

If/when Casca regains her sanity, how much of her memory will she retain? And how long will she stay sane?

1. If she regains full memory, would she develop her own Beast of Darkness, or an equivalent?

2. If, as portrayed in the Dreamcast game, she views everything from the Eclipse onwards as 'a bad dream', would an encounter with Griffith/apostles/GodHand cause her to realise the truth, and the shock of this to cause a relapse? 

3. If she remembers absolutely nothing, how will she cope with being recounted ANY version of history Guts' band tell her as protection from her true past?

And most importantly of all:
If she is cured in any way, will she still want to be with Guts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Casca's memory/sanity

tuxedo_nat said:
Thought I'd make this a separate topic.

Well, I merged your thread with an older one that covers the same subject. As a reference for future reading, Here's a link to the "Serpico Sacrifice!" thread that triggered your post.

tuxedo_nat said:
And how long will she stay sane?

I would say permanently.

tuxedo_nat said:
If she regains full memory, would she develop her own Beast of Darkness, or an equivalent?

I don't think she would as that aspect is quite specific to Guts, but the idea is interesting.

tuxedo_nat said:
If, as portrayed in the Dreamcast game, she views everything from the Eclipse onwards as 'a bad dream', would an encounter with Griffith/apostles/GodHand cause her to realise the truth, and the shock of this to cause a relapse?

I don't think she'd forget the Occultation in itself, and even if she did, Guts would have to tell her about it at some point, there isn't really any way around it. Overall, I don't think Miura will have her regress as a vegetable again once (if) she gets cured.

tuxedo_nat said:
If she is cured in any way, will she still want to be with Guts?

That's the one million dollar question, and there have been a lot of discussions about it already. There's no way to know for sure of course, since Casca's personality should be dramatically altered when she'll "wake up".

Casca

Here is a theory:

Femto's intention was to give a woman at the eclipse a fetus that would protect her of her mark and at the same time -Femto, that is- drive her mad so that she will be neutral to her after-eclipse situation.
This should guarantee that she would be alive and dumb enough to surely come to the reincarnation site with the fetus following her along. Eventually, Femto will serve himself with the body of the fetus at that site. The site would be the one where the behelit apostle lurks, the one able to offer Femto fetus' body.

So this means that because of the fetus' protection Guts and the cave were useless for Casca's protection till that very moment of the reincarnation - even if Guts didn't recognize and kept her limited in that cave. But immediately after the egg apostle took control of the fate of the fetus, Casca eventually would remain unprotected.

This is the moment when Guts would have to protect her, hence the fetus warned him where she would be at that moment.

So the question is what will Casca decide when she is cured. If I were Casca I would hate Griffith even more than Guts does, but what would I feel about Guts? Would she forgive him for locking her up, forgetting about her and thinking only about his revenge on Griffith for two years? Since that she will be recognizing that he was the one to take care of her afterwards, she should forgive him.

I still wonder though why skullknight warned him that Casca might not want what he wants. Perhaps another "too much for me*" take? Yay, perhaps Casca might want to remain as she is doing right now.

*I am reffering to when Casca committed suicide

Re: Casca

I think Casca would be understanding of Guts' situation, and would forgive him. On the other hand the only reason I think she wouldn't be aggressive with Griffith would be, because his reincarnation is from her child. I don't think Skull Knight was warning against her changing to become sane again, but instead was trying to tell Guts that she isn't going to want to kill Griffith.

Artemis28 said:
I don't think Skull Knight was warning against her changing to become sane again, but instead was trying to tell Guts that she isn't going to want to kill Griffith.

So Caska might want to save a guy that used her and her fetus -to the extreme- (making her crazy and leaving her at a point a sacrifice without protection, one sure to die-not to talk about the fetus' fate) just because something of her ex-child might be in him?
Ok, this might be valid.
But what about saving the guy that sacrificed the hawks and had them all killed, the guy that is the hawk of darkness by his choice? The guy that brings hell on earth?
I doupt a sane Casca will want to save such a guy. I mean even if she had to have another child, will she want it to live in the world Griffith brings?
What

No, I doubt she's going to go out of her way to protect Griffith, however, she wouldn't jump right along with Gutts and go attempt to kill Griffith. Also, I really did like the idea of her not wanting to be sane. I hadn't thought of it and it seems just as valid as any other reasoning behind what Skull Knight said.

Artemis28 said:
No, I doubt she's going to go out of her way to protect Griffith, however, she wouldn't jump right along with Guts and go attempt to kill Griffith.

But if she knows, if she is conscious of what Griffith is and brings on earth, it can't be that she remains sane and at the same time doesn't deal with it. It is something about her future, about humanity's future. She might not be able to have a normal child in a normal world. What will she might want to do in a world, where Godhand is the one that rules as much as possible humans' lives and souls in the way we know it does?

xechnao said:
But if she knows, if she is conscious of what Griffith is and brings on earth, it can't be that she remains sane and at the same time doesn't deal with it. It is something about her future, about humanity's future. She might not be able to have a normal child in a normal world. What will she might want to do in a world, where Godhand is the one that rules as much as possible humans' lives and souls in the way we know it does?

That sounds logical, although I think Miura would let her turn sane one time. It may be not the first possibility, but eventually later on. I don't see her being insane the whole storyline...it could just add so much new possibilities and storyline changings.

Rickert said:
That sounds logical, although I think Miura would let her turn sane one time. It may be not the first possibility, but eventually later on. I don't see her being insane the whole storyline...it could just add  so much new possibilities and storyline changings.

Yup, it seems to me too that eventually she will become sane, but nontheless I wanted to speak about what could be the implications of it. And what skullknight meant

garlicthethird

Gormem, Duymam, Soylemem
Seeing as Guts is a tragic character whose life generally has sucked, I figure once casca gets her sanity back something bad will happen and make Guts will go over the edge. Casca might not be able to handle the pain pick up a sword and shove it through her heart. She might hate him for trying to rape/kill/eat her, or for some coming beast inspired madness. Casca knows who Guts is now she called him by his name in the troll's cave. Or perhaps she won't want to have sex anymore like many rape victems. I mean the guy hasn't had sex in a long time, he's in his twenties, the feeling is obviously there. His attemped to rape her show repress animalistic lust, he's gotten hot for her twice since she lost her sanity. For Christ's he had sex with an Apostle, he hates Apostles!

yeah

Re: Casca's memory/sanity

Aazealh said:
Well, I merged your thread with an older one that covers the same subject.

Now that I see this thread I think I'll have to ask you to also merge -if possible- a thread I made, awhile ago, with this one, since it seems they are about the exact same thing

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4619.0

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Femto's intention was to give a woman at the eclipse a fetus that would protect her of her mark and at the same time...

Quick reply though a bit late, just to say that I don't think Femto planned all of this or had a specific intention at all (I'd rather say that Idea planned it). He just wanted to rape her in front of Guts, and the resulting events as well as this very one were meant to be, another product of Causality.

xechnao said:
So this means that because of the fetus' protection Guts and the cave were useless for Casca's protection till that very moment of the reincarnation - even if Guts didn't recognize and kept her limited in that cave.

Again, I wouldn't be so sure about that. The foetus protected Casca on several occasions, mostly from incubi, but he wasn't super powerful or anything like that, and Mozgus' fire attack got him in the end. The Demon Child probably wouldn't have been able to protect her from thugs (in bright day, a group of them...), and certainly not from apostles if the elves' cave hadn't been hiding her from them. I also don't think he expected to become Griffith's new vessel. I would once more call Causality on the case.

Not a big deal regarding the topic of your theory in itself anyway.

garlicthethird said:
Casca knows who Guts is now she called him by his name in the troll's cave.

No, she didn't.

garlicthethird said:
Or perhaps she won't want to have sex anymore like many rape victems. I mean the guy hasn't had sex in a long time, he's in his twenties, the feeling is obviously there.

I don't think that would be much of a problem, really. As long as she would be sane and still love him, waiting a while before sleeping together shouldn't bother him that much after years of misery. They also both changed a lot, they're definitely not going to be as close to each other when she'll wake up as they were before the Occultation...

xechnao said:
Now that I see this thread I think I'll have to ask you to also merge -if possible- a thread I made

Sure thing, done. If you have other such requests, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Aazealh said:
Quick reply though a bit late, just to say that I don't think Femto planned all of this or had a specific intention at all (I'd rather say that Idea planned it). He just wanted to rape her in front of Guts, and the resulting events as well as this very one were meant to be, another product of Causality.

Not a big deal as you say really, but if I recall correctly Femto intentionally let Casca escape the eclipse or so I remember somebody has said.   

Aazealh said:
The Demon Child probably wouldn't have been able to protect her from thugs (in bright day, a group of them...),
Hehe, yeah, but those are not a threat for Casca. Herself was able to deal with those. HACK SLASH

Aazealh said:
and certainly not from apostles if the elves' cave hadn't been hiding her from them.

I wouldn't be so certain. But even if you were right for sure, yeah, I would bet on causality as you say.

Aazealh said:
I also don't think he expected to become Griffith's new vessel. I would once more call Causality on the case.

But it somehow knew that Casca would need Guts protection at a certain point -and that point actually is at the site where the hawk of light would incarnate and will be at the moment when it gets hurt and engulfed by the egg apostle. Isn't it this the reason it appeared to Guts and warned him about Casca?

Top Bottom