Casca with a brain

In Chapter 243 it seems that Casca may be sane again. Skull Knight implies that Casca may not share Gut's hopes of revenge, since it is Griffith. But c'mon Griffith sacrificed the entire Band of the Hawk and raped Casca pretty brutally and is the reason that Casca is a vegetable now, and that Casca's baby is a pre-mature demon.. thing. I think that Casca is going to want revenge on the God Hand, maybe not as much as Guts, and for some reason it's hard to see Casca wanting revenge like that, but look at the facts. I'd be pretty damn pissed off.

Re:Caska With A Brain

Posted by: brunoafh Posted on: Today at 09:34:28pm
In Chapter 243 it seems that Caska may be sane again.

how do you figure that?,

did i miss something, or did she say "ah...ahhh", and a little "wuuh...wuuh" ???,

where do you get she is sane ???,

just curious ;D

- c

If Caska gets her sanity back I'm sure she would be bitter towards Griffith, but Im not convinced that she personally would take the moment to plot her whole life to kill him like Guts has, after all she saw him as godly from the moment she saw him up until the time that she completely lost her sanity.

Im not saying she won't go on mission with Guts against Griffith for revenge if she does get her sanity back, but I think if that happens it will be more to be with Guts rather than driven by hatred... or will it be to see Griffith again out of platonic love still?

Well we know Caska can already harbor some hate, she's hated Guts eairler in the story way back in the Band of the Hawk, she's even attacked him. She does see Griffith godly and thats whys it's hard to picture her wanting revenge, and if she does no it won't be as much as Guts but it's really hard to believe she wouldn't want him dead after what he did. Even Rickert wanted to go with Guts when Guts fought Zodd again. (Don't remember the Volume but I'm sure you all know what I mean, I think.)

See the thing about Caska is that we don't know how much of her sanity she will regain if any. I mean, ok maybe she'll regain "herself", but she'll have no memory of the eclipse, or maybe she'll remember everything that happened up to eclipse and not remember shit that's happened so long as she's been in this regressed state, or maybe she'll know everything. We'll have to wait and see.

Caska um cares or cared a lot about Guts and used to always bitch him out for fighting risky fights that could cost him his life. Imagine how she'll feel about Guts risking his life fighting all these apostles. I don't think she'll be too happy, especially about Guts wearing the armor.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.

brunoafh said:
Even Rickert wanted to go with Guts when Guts fought Zodd again. (Don't remember the Volume but I'm sure you all know what I mean, I think.)

He did want to go, but he also wanted to know exactly what happened in the Eclipse. He has never been told that Griffith sacrificed the entire Band of the Hawks and I think when Guts refused to let Rickert join him he told him that one of the reasons why was Rickert couldn't hate Griffith.

I'm not sure that Caska could entirely hate Griffith either because he saved her life and made a lasting impression on her. Griffith was also reborn with the vessel of her demon-child and the last time Griffith and Caska met, she was in tears over finally getting to see him again whether it was recognition of him as Griffith or materal recognition.

If Caska were to regain her sanity, I don't see her picking up a sword and vowing to kill Griffith right away. She'd probably take some time off to sort out her emotions and mentally recuperate with what has happened over the past few years. It wouldn't surprise me if she eventually took up the sword again, but not anytime soon after her recovery.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

If Caska regained her sanity then Guts would also have to reevaluate going after Griffith. After all, Caska's state was the final straw that caused Guts to go on his merry little killing spree. He also has to deal with ramifications from the Beast.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Woland said:
If Caska regained her sanity then Guts would also have to reevaluate going after Griffith. After all, Caska's state was the final straw that caused Guts to go on his merry little killing spree. He also has to deal with ramifications from the Beast.

Well maybe when caska gets her sanity back, maybe a new reason will come up? (maybe she is kidnapped by an apostle, or griffith takes her away, or maybe even ishrado or someone else is killed) Then guts will vow for revenge or try to get caska back or w/e. Of course though caska and guts still have to have those 3 to 4 volumes of peace togeather before somthing bad happens... (like volume 9, 10, and 11 right before the eclipes :-\)

Miyu said:
If Caska were to regain her sanity, I don't see her picking up a sword and vowing to kill Griffith right away. She'd probably take some time off to sort out her emotions and mentally recuperate with what has happened over the past few years. It wouldn't surprise me if she eventually took up the sword again, but not anytime soon after her recovery.

I agree with this...

And it would be great to see Caska recover and picking up the sword again, it should be time after being insane for 15 volumes

but then would Caska object Guts for taking his revenge after she had recovered? Not only because her love for Griffith still exist but also because she is concerned with guts safety (Anyone can see Guts dont really stand a chance)?

i guess my main thought about caska is will she remember everything that has happened?

or will it be like it was in the dreamcast game when she regained her sanity for just a moment, she looked at guts and was like whats goin on,

if she doesnt remember everything, will guts have the heart to explain it all?

and if he does how will she react?

just some thoughts from a super Berserk fan ;D

- c

Smith said:
(Anyone can see Guts dont really stand a chance)

I disagree with that alot. Guts is always surprising me in battles it seems he obviosuly has no chance in (but wins). As he gets stronger and uses the Berserker armor on really powerful enemies I think Guts definatley has a chance. Who knows what kind of things will happen to Guts or what kind of different strengths he could gain. When he was fighting Grunbled I thought he was pretty screwed until the Berserker armor came about. Time will tell what happens.

Miyu

My guess would be that once she regained her sanity, the last thing she'll remember is the eclipse. Everytime we see Caska remember any part of her past the only thing we see her remembering are scenes from the eclipse. If that's the case, the last thing she'll remember is Griffith as Femto raping her.

If I were to wake up after two or more years of being insane to remember that and see the man I love physically torn apart, I don't think my first thoughts would be to how much I love Griffith. Even though, Caska would probably hesitate to openly express her hatred to him until after she's heard the entire story from Guts.

I also see Guts as more the one worrying about Caska going out and fighting. Guts has been fighting against apostles for over two years now and is constantly training and keeping himself in shape (when not getting injuried to the point of death). Caska hasn't been doing any physical training or fighting except once when she killed three men who were trying to rape her out of instinct, but instinct alone won't make up for being physically out of shape to wield a sword and fight. I think Guts would know this and he probably wouldn't let her fight alongside him until she had time to heal and regain her skills.

I was thinking about Caska's sanity awhile back. What if the next time Guts is within striking distance of Griffith again Caska jumps in front of Guts to keep him from attacking Griffith? I can see Caska hating Griffith for what he did to her. But I also think that she will be torn on where she stands on the matter. After all, she did admire/worship him after meeting him.

SlimJ87D

Apollo

I dont see her coming back till like the end of Berserk. I get a feeling that going to the elf leader is just going to get him killed, and maybe after killing Griffith or something in the last fight will snap her out of it. Seriously, anywhere Guts goes,evil will follow, and apostles can probably get into the elf kingdom. Although that is not what I wish, but it will be weird to have Caska back to normal now. The whole reason why guts does the crazy things he does is because she can't protect her self. He does crazy flips, sacrafices his body and damages it.

brunoafh said:
I disagree with that alot. Guts is always surprising me in battles it seems he obviosuly has no chance in (but wins). As he gets stronger and uses the Berserker armor on really powerful enemies I think Guts definatley has a chance. Who knows what kind of things will happen to Guts or what kind of different strengths he could gain. When he was fighting Grunbled I thought he was pretty screwed until the Berserker armor came about. Time will tell what happens.

But right now he doesnt stand a chance doesnt he? Griff is certainly more powerful than Ganishka and what make you think Guts can challenge Ganishka now?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...

Smith said:
But right now he doesnt stand a chance doesnt he? Griff is certainly more powerful than Ganishka and what make you think Guts can challenge Ganishka now?
Ganishka, maybe he can.
Griffth, no way.

Aconyro

REVENGE!

A sane caska could work easily. Realistically when someone you care for a lot greatly betrays you, your feelings not only change but do a complete flip into unending hatred and malice. She'll probably want to personally see him go to hell. Also it would give Guts another advantage instead of stopping him. After caska recovers, they would both seek vengeance. In addition caska would probably make a good general if it became needed.

SlimJ87D said:
I dont see her coming back till like the end of Berserk. I get a feeling that going to the elf leader is just going to get him killed, and maybe after killing Griffith or something in the last fight will snap her out of it.

I'm not sure either if she will become sane during this trip to elfhelm either, but she isn't simple going to just snap out of insanity during another crisis situation, Berserk is not a loony toons cartoon where one major hit in the back of the head will make you lose your memory, and a second will regain it.

BiQ_

" ... "

What I am somewhat anxious about is how Caska will in the case of recovery feel towards Guts. Because, you know, when Skull Knight warned Guts that her wishes would be different from his, I did not first of all think about the revenge aspect. Perhaps I am reading too much into Guts' current priorities (=1: Caska's safety, 2: Caska's recovery, 3: own humanity, 45346456: anything else) but I think that Guts may soon be at the point of giving up on the revenge thing altogether.

So. What Guts actually wants when he wants Caska to recover? IMO he wishes to see her as the strong woman he grew to respect, care and finally love... Even if he would probably like her to not see Griffith on a pedestial anymore, I do not think he has that strong a wish to go to hunt revenge with her. Just living with Caska (the Caska he knew before the eclipse) is probably what he wishes. IMHO.

Living (especially happily ever after) with Caska after(if) she recovers, is IMHO not a given, considering that she is currently not exactly head over heels for him. Even if she won't remember anything from this vegetable period (the Beast-possessed assaults), Guts is certainly not the same Guts she spent the short-version honeymoon back then.

The "happily ever after" thing is not very likely to happen, EVER. This is Berserk, afterall. Stuff like that would be fit for a cheesy fanfics at the best, and frankly, seeing things like that in the actual story would be the last thing I want. Then again, I'm just a poor sod writing to a web forum, so... :p

And when it comes to actually regaining her sanity, I am not so sure if she's ever going to remember the most gruesome parts.

BiQ-- said:
So. What Guts actually wants when he wants Caska to recover? IMO he wishes to see her as the strong woman he grew to respect, care and finally love... Even if he would probably like her to not see Griffith on a pedestial anymore, I do not think he has that strong a wish to go to hunt revenge with her. Just living with Caska (the Caska he knew before the eclipse) is probably what he wishes. IMHO.

See i think it would be just the opposite. I think if anyone would want to settle down out of the two it would be Caska and Guts would want revenge. I can't see him just dropping his quest for revenge not even for Caska.

It would seem to me that we're just about to the point where Miura is going to make the story go back in the other direction. It's been a bit too happy as of late, and what better way to create a downer than to have Caska side with Griffith? I know it isn't necessarily logical, but it would make for a great twist. The Charlotte envy would probably set in, but Miura could pull it off in a cohesive way. As far as the omg femto raped her!!! argument, GUTS MIGHT AS WELL HAVE. Everyone makes Guts out to be so morally superior to Griffith, but if we tolerate the beast then surely equal amounts of consideration are due Femto.

Also, it could be that something like this would knock Guts back into his old manner of thinking. Not necessarily even direct revenge on Griffith, but becoming his equal. If Caska is with Griffith all 3 of those mentioned priorities go out the window, and Guts could get well on his way to becoming even more like Skully.(and Skully seems to be near equal to a God hand, I would say) I'm just saying, look at the big picture and not necessarily little events.

Eddie said:
Griffth, no way.

Heh... I imagine him slashing at Griffith and but he miss all his attack like the arrow miss Griffith back in vol 22 ;D

Even if is Ganishka, he will be slashing at fog wouldnt he? Maybe only magic will be able to destroy Ganishka fog in which then Guts will stand a chance to fight his apostle/real form

Sparnage said:
Berserk is not a loony toons cartoon where one major hit in the back of the head will make you lose your memory, and a second will regain it.

You never know :)

BiQ_

" ... "

Shouki Slann said:
See i think it would be just the opposite. I think if anyone would want to settle down out of the two it would be Caska and Guts would want revenge. I can't see him just dropping his quest for revenge not even for Caska.

Well - I'm not going to say I know what's going to happen. However, what I tried to say was that Caska may not want to have anything to do with either Guts of Griffith...

Miyu

bph said:
It would seem to me that we're just about to the point where Miura is going to make the story go back in the other direction. It's been a bit too happy as of late, and what better way to create a downer than to have Caska side with Griffith? I know it isn't necessarily logical, but it would make for a great twist. The Charlotte envy would probably set in, but Miura could pull it off in a cohesive way. As far as the omg femto raped her!!! argument, GUTS MIGHT AS WELL HAVE. Everyone makes Guts out to be so morally superior to Griffith, but if we tolerate the beast then surely equal amounts of consideration are due Femto.

I think this is a possibility. We still don't know what Caska will remember after and if she regains her sanity. She could very well be healed with her last memory being a time in the BoTH before Guts came into the picture. I think Caska's future role in the storyline will mainly be contingent on if she gets cured and what she remembers after she's cured.

Top Bottom