Charlie and the chocolate factory

Usually I wouldn't be overly interested in it but as it stars Johnny Depp who is one of my favourite actors as Wonka, and having fond memories of the book and original film I think I will go and see this one. Tim Burton has done some alright stuff too.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/charliechocolatefactory/

Looks pretty wild! I imagine Depp would be good for the role. ;D

BTW Christopher Lee as Wonka's father?

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
"Chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most."

I'm going to see this movie.

(I can't stop watching this)

he has his moments but then there was: secret window, 9th gate, from hell, etc...

he doesnt fit this role at all... well, atleast they didnt get mike myers or jim carey

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Psymont 2.0 said:
he has his moments but then there was: secret window, 9th gate, from hell, etc...

I never saw Secret Window or 9th Gate (yeah, they didn't get past my "looks like a bad movie" filter), but I noticed most people seem to either totally love or hate From Hell, I fall into the rare category of not caring, it was just a good view (perhaps seeing it on senior ditch day had a positive affect on my viewing experiemce). Kind of like the much overrated Shaun of the Dead, which I enjoyed it, but the Internet hype was stupid. Anyway, he's done like 40 movies, so 3 turkeys ain't that bad (I'm sure there's more out there).

Psymont 2.0 said:
he doesnt fit this role at all... well, atleast they didnt get mike myers or jim carey

The whole movie doesn't look like it fits the role at all, know what I mean? I was expecting something really dark and twisted looking, and I can't tell if that trailer is awkward bad or so awkward bad that's it's actually good, but I kinda appreciate that they aren't just putting WW through a classic retread, or as you said, letting Mike Myers or Jim Carery act like their stupid asshole selves for yet another hour and a half of wasted film. Anyway, the trailer did it's job, I'm curious.

Nomad said:
looks good. They better have the Umpa Lumpa's dammit.
Yes, it does have Oompa Loompas.
They're the backbone and secret of Willy Wonka's factory, why would they be left out?

And, I'm really not sure this movie was DYING for a remake (just like all the other remakes of Hollywood, I guess). The Disney classic sits fine with me.
And I recently tried reading it, thinking it was a great, magical, surreal experience I missed as a child.

Sadly, it seems I've missed nothing.

I'm planning on seeing this, though I am a little reluctant. It's just so hard not seeing Gene Wilder as Wonka. It's like that role was made for him. Hopefully it'll be okay. :)

Winde, can't let go of the nostolgia.

and the johnny depp/tim burton goodness just keeps coming. i don't know why people say that tim burton's films all look the same... ;)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/corpse_bride/

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I usually enjoy much of Tim Burton's work, Nightmare Before Christmas, Big Fish, and Edward Scissorhands were masterpieces. Planet of the apes on the otherhand was awful.

As for charlie and the chocolate factory, I think that Burton will place an enjoyable twist on the story, and make another classic version of it, or at least I hope.

Corpse bride is something I had actually heard about a couple years ago. It's something I was interested in seeing for a while, thanks for the trailer. I had almost forgot all about it.

As for the movies looking the same, yes they do, but it's more do to his styles. Like Identifying a sculptor by looking at his sculpture and finding common themes or textures within them. For example when I used to sculpt, I would always use a scaly texture somewhere.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well Tim Burtons past films (sleepy hollow, planet of the apes, big fish, mars attacks) doesn't speak too good for this movie.

Headless Death said:
Ever read any of Tim Burton's stoies?
My favorite would most likely be Robot Boy from my book of his short stories.  Well more like Dr. Seuss poems.  Hilarious. ;D

"microwave blender" indeed... LOL, that was funny man.

Edit: I just finished reading the other poems/short stories/watchamacallit and I have to say Tim Burton has a really wierd mind.

Psymont 2.0 said:

Like all actors there are certainly movies he did that weren't overly good, his acting however has always been above adequate IMO. When a famous Hollywood face can convince the audience he is indeed a different character rather than simply act the same in every movie (eg Will Smith, Bruce Willis) you know they are doing something right.

Really? I think he will be good for the role.

Top Bottom