Chat Room - Now Open

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chatroom is down for a bit because of technical difficulties. Should be back in a few days.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
Chatroom is down for a bit because of technical difficulties. Should be back in a few days.

Damn it! Thanks for the heads up Walter. I'm working night shift tonight and usually stay in the chat room all night and chat until work is finished. Looks like no sexy night chat with Darkstar, oh well.

Edit:
Aazealh said:
It'll come back with an updated version though. :carcus:

AWESOME!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Damn it! Thanks for the heads up Walter. I'm working night shift tonight and usually stay in the chat room all night and chat until work is finished. Looks like no sexy night chat with Darkstar, oh well.

It'll come back with an updated version though. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, it's back up. But if it explodes in everyone's faces and we all die, don't blame Wally!!!

Seriously though, any errors should be reported to me via PM.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SpectralSorrows said:
I tried logging in and it says I'm banned. :(

Oh well, it's late now. I'm off to bed soon anyway.
Well, uh, there's no bans set yet so that's really strange.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's strange, I confirm that there's no ban set. Does anybody else have this problem?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Describe it a little more. is this a popup window that simply states: no sever available?

I mean, it even works on a MAC using fuckin Safari :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Have you guys tried emptying your browser's cache or something? Tried different browsers (IE, FF, Opera...)? Different computers? The URL for the chat has been slightly changed, try accessing it through the forum's link if you have it bookmarked. And take screenshots of the error messages you get please.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Describe it a little more. is this a popup window that simply states: no sever available?

I mean, it even works on a MAC using fuckin Safari :schierke:

Its nothing to do with Macs, PC's, Safari or Firefox.

Its probably because I (and likely Saiya) are using "testing grounds" as the theme. ...because its awesome.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, yes that is indeed the problem: you BACKWATER HICKS are using an OLD AND OUTDATED THEME that makes me do TWO TIMES THE WORK WHEN I CHANGE ANYTHING :miura: :puck: :miura: :puck: :chomp: ........... :judo:

I'll fix it ... on my next day off :ganishka:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
oh god... this default theme hurts! I cant see who has responded to what threads recently in a local area like with the testing grounds theme! I'm going into withdrawals! :judo: :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
oh god... this default theme hurts! I cant see who has responded to what threads recently in a local area like with the testing grounds theme! I'm going into withdrawals! :judo: :judo:
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?action=recent

Bookmark this. The reason it's not on the index in the default theme is because it uses a lot of server resources in parsing recent threads.

But I'll consider moving it back to the index on an updated theme I'm [planning on] doing [in the near/distant future].

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Banned problem should be fixed now. I also changed the default chat theme to BLACK so we won't have any more of this:

"Walter, I can't see your custom red colored text!"

"Then change your fucking theme to black so you can see everyone's."

"Huh? What's a theme?"

For those of you who had banned problems before. Try now. If it doesn't work, clear your internet cache and try again. If it still wont work, post here.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?action=recent

Bookmark this. The reason it's not on the index in the default theme is because it uses a lot of server resources in parsing recent threads.

But I'll consider moving it back to the index on an updated theme I'm [planning on] doing [in the near/distant future].

Going to another page isn't a problem for me, but personally I prefer the testing grounds method of just telling me the topic names (of the recent posts) all in one simple list makes things easier. I suppose my ideal page would be a collapsed list of recent posts that are expandable to show the the content of the post.

Off topic, I know but just sayin'. I'll try the default theme here.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
*stand by Testing Grounds theme with a banner held high and a bloody eye patch* :judo:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
So yea, on a whim I decided to download the index.php page with the Testing grounds theme.... Since I work at a high school I have dreamweaver 8 on my machine and i was able to edit the php and fix the old links with the new addresses! I tested it out and it seems to work! I would imagine it would be as simple as give you all (Walter or Aaz) the page that I modified and just replace the old index.php page that is assigned to the Testing ground theme.

PM me!

Top Bottom