Children of Hurin

Most of you probably know about this but since it wasn't posted I thought it'd be worth mentioning.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6562757.stm
It's the new novel by Tolkien, adapted by his son Cristopher, much like in the case of "Silmarillion". I'm not really sure what to make of it, on the one hand I enjoyed "Silmarillion" and "Unfinished Tales" but I had trouble with "The History of Lord of the Rings" and a couple of similar books (plus the horrible experience of reading the works of Frank Herbert's son). Hopefully this new edition will fall into the more enjoyable category, anyway it's pretty much up the the people - is he milking it or is he carrying forth the legacy?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm waiting for some friends' reviews on it, but I don't plan on reading it currently. A redux of a story present in the Silmarillion (which was itself never meant to be published) that took 30 years to edit? I'll pass.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Well my girlfriend is the biggest fan of Tolkein you could ever imagine, and she says that Children of Hurin's alot like The Silmarilion but very very sad, and tragic. However I guess it'd follow the same style of following many different stories at once. I really can't make much comment other than what I've been told though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I doubt that, if only because she has a boyfriend. :carcus:
Indeed, I'm imagining the biggest Tolkien fan my little brain can create and ... whew, you don't really want to see this.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Walter said:
Indeed, I'm imagining the biggest Tolkien fan my little brain can create and ... whew, you don't really want to see this.
Well okay, maybe I hyped it up alot, but she's a really big fan. Anyway, I heard it was really short...on tolkein's terms I'm guessing.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
They should make a kickass movie of Turin Turambar, it's like a Gatts with the character of Colkas and the looks of Griffith!!1

Top Bottom