I can't let this thread fall off the front page! :judo:

Latest Fling:

berserk_elephants_final.jpg

Entourage

Thanks for viewin' :)

EDIT:
Heres the Full Rez Version

Amazing! I love your work. :guts:
Only thing that I would question is your color choice for the flags, and the elephant armor.. did you have a reference for the color? I pictured the elephant armor and Ganishka carriage to have sharper and darker colors that would intimidate the enemy.

I was sort of beginning to wander when will all those spreads inspire a great color and the answer was soon suplied. Awesome, I love the dust the big boys are raising. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the quick comments! :guts:

Ramen4ever said:
Only thing that I would question is your color choice for the flags, and the elephant armor.. did you have a reference for the color? I pictured the elephant armor and Ganishka carriage to have sharper and darker colors that would intimidate the enemy.

Thanks for the crit. I can't say there really was a reason for the reddish flags except that they worked better against the blue tones in the sky. Also they seemed a bit more appropriate in color for war than white or blue.
As for the color choice on the elephant armor I can't say there was anything specific that guided the color choice. There are some reference pics HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
The brighter and flamboyant colors (...of men :carcus:) worked imo considering the patterns on the original drawing. To give them muted tones would be a bit odd.

Thanks again for the crit.

CnC said:
I can't let this thread fall off the front page!   :judo:

THE TRUE INSPIRATION of every artist on SK is finally revealed! :carcus:

Good god man. The amount of Detail in Ganishka's ride is ASTOUNDING. Once again, as always, I give this a standing ovation. The dust on the ground is very well handled if I might add!

Now...what's next?  :guts:

P.S. If I were to have tackled this page I would stayed relatively close to the color you've chose. So good job!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
I can't let this thread fall off the front page!   :judo:

Thanks for viewin' :)

Fantastic! I was hoping you'd tackle this particular 2-page spread. As usual, I demand a wallpaper version! :chomp:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the comments :guts:

It was a bit time consuming but I had no work over the weekend so I did the majority of this over saturday and a bit on sunday. New book came in yesterday tho so I'm back to work :)

Rhombaad said:
As usual, I demand a wallpaper version! :chomp:

Sure. :)

Here's the Full-Rez Verson! Do with it what you like. I'm flattered you think to use it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
DemonX v.2.0 said:
How many hours did that take you to make (about)? Jesus, one page of that would be enough! :isidro:

Thanks. I don't know the exact time. I would guess about 5-6 hours over the course of a week and a half, when I wasn't working on other stuff.

I hope to have something to show by my 2000th post. cheers :guts:

Dirty Dog

CnC said:
Thanks.  I don't know the exact time.  I would guess about 5-6 hours over the course of a week and a half, when I wasn't working on other stuff.

I hope to have something to show by my 2000th post.  cheers :guts:
only 5 more posts... :guts:

Nice colors you got there CnC, I especially like the Zodd and Guts one and the Judo one, seems I missed quite a bit while I was gone :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hey people, no color just yet (I'm quite inundated with other work at the moment).

Its with pause that I mention that my Father passed away over the weekend. I feel its important to try and put the word out on how great he was as a father and what an extraordinary life he's led. Please note that the "staff photo" they've got on the obit is a terrible one (he mentioned that when I saw it before), and that I'm not "a colorist who works for marvel" - more like a freelancer who works for a colorist who contracts for Marvel and DC.
My dad left big shoes to fill (quite literally, he was a big dude), and he will be missed.

Thanks for your understanding on this tangent for the thread. Back to work :)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
Hey people, no color just yet (I'm quite inundated with other work at the moment).

Its with pause that I mention that my Father passed away over the weekend.  I feel its important to try and put the word out on how great he was as a father and what an extraordinary life he's led.  Please note that the "staff photo" they've got on the obit is a terrible one (he mentioned that when I saw it before), and that I'm not "a colorist who works for marvel" - more like a freelancer who works for a colorist who contracts for Marvel and DC.
My dad left big shoes to fill (quite literally, he was a big dude), and he will be missed.

Thanks for your understanding on this tangent for the thread.  Back to work :)

I'm really sorry for your loss, CnC. I haven't had the experience of losing a family member during my life so far, other than my grandfather who died when I was 2 (I remember very little of him), so I can't imagine what you're dealing with now. My thoughts are with you and your family as you deal with this unfortunate experience.

Top Bottom