CnColors

Sorry, I don't get alot of time to get on the boards anymore, and my computer just blew up so I have to use someone elses now, but are those computer painting or actual paint? Just curious.

Either way they are well done. :serpico:

- C

CnC

Ad Oculos
C said:
Sorry, I don't get alot of time to get on the boards anymore, and my computer just blew up so I have to use someone elses now, but are those computer painting or actual paint? Just curious.

Either way they are well done. :serpico:

- C

It was all done in photoshop (as is everything else in this thread). And thanks :serpico:

Impressive, needless to say.

Perhaps it's time to have new pieces ready after only every 30 odd posts... or 7 posts, whatever comes first. ;)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sparnage said:
Perhaps it's time to have new pieces ready after only every 30 odd posts... or 7 posts, whatever comes first. ;)

Hehe... well the 100 posts thing was just so I would have something to show at a given time frame. However in times like these (where there isn't much conversation happening besides in STB) I'll be sure to update the thread more often.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Not bad, I like Caska's dress, although it could stand to be smoothed out a bit in a few places. The Enoch one is really good. Keep it up.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for all the comments, people.

Here's another one I'm calling done:

puck_sunset.jpg

Another Sunset (Battle begins)​

Thanks for viewin' :serpico:

Serpico

Beyond the technicalities of the artwork, I would say based on the mood and originality alone this is your best work so far. I think Puck would look good with a bit more sleek and delicate anatomy; mostly a matter of preference but its not bad as is.

Loving this one, the clouds and the cape especially! Only one little thing, Guts' nose seems sort of weird IMHO at least.

You sexy bastard, great paintings. But I have to ask, you are such a violent video games player, where are the paintings of Guts tearing shit up? I am talking organs, blood, and otherwise unidentified goo?

(Maybe thats just me vicariously living through you :guts:)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the comments and crits, people. They're always greatly appreciated.

Serpico said:
I think Puck would look good with a bit more sleek and delicate anatomy; mostly a matter of preference but its not bad as is.

I always fight that urge. I originally drew him a bit more lean and that felt wrong. So I added a bit of that child-like plump and that worked for me.

vlad said:
Only one little thing, Guts' nose seems sort of weird IMHO at least.

Thanks. I think I see what you mean. Theres a strange highlight on his nose that makes it look crooked. Ah well. I think its serviceable.

grendelrt said:
But I have to ask, you are such a violent video games player, where are the paintings of Guts tearing shit up? I am talking organs, blood, and otherwise unidentified goo?

Easy answer is I don't find it all that interesting to draw violent imagery. In this case I thought the composition of Puck looking at something pretty while they both go into darkness spoke more as a picture than if I had Guts ripping through a demon with his mighty swordz (lawl).
If I can find something compositionally interesting with Guts' fighting, I'll do it.

CnC said:
Thanks for the comments and crits, people. They're always greatly appreciated.

I always fight that urge. I originally drew him a bit more lean and that felt wrong. So I added a bit of that child-like plump and that worked for me.

Thanks. I think I see what you mean. Theres a strange highlight on his nose that makes it look crooked. Ah well. I think its serviceable.

Easy answer is I don't find it all that interesting to draw violent imagery. In this case I thought the composition of Puck looking at something pretty while they both go into darkness spoke more as a picture than if I had Guts ripping through a demon with his mighty swordz (lawl).
If I can find something compositionally interesting with Guts' fighting, I'll do it.

Pfft dont you get all intellectual on me :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the comments, people.

mega_devastation said:
Whoa that's all crazy. :isidro:
How did you do that?

It was done while I'm trying to learn a 3d program called Zbrush.

handsome rakshas said:
That is freakin' awesome! Would make a nice hood ornament for my car, oh wait I drive a Mazda! :troll:

lol! "Whats that? A jaguar? pffff. I got me a Zodd"

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Damn fine.

I pretty much told you what I thought of it last night, but seeing it again with a more alert pair of eyes helps. Really impressive stuff. If you tamper with it some more, be sure to post it or update. I think you got that program down Spiffy.

CnC said:
Thanks for the comments, people.

It was done while I'm trying to learn a 3d program called Zbrush.

Is that a free program, or do you gotta pay like hundreds of dollars for the software? I'm kinda interested myself.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the complements, guys. I hope to have more stuff like this to post soon. I've already lined up what I'm going to work on next after I get done with my current freelance project.

yota821 said:
Is that a free program, or do you gotta pay like hundreds of dollars for the software? I'm kinda interested myself.

Nope, its a hundreds of dollars-type 3d program. But wasn't as expensive as far as 3d programs go (Maya, 3DStudio. etc.).

Serpico

Pretty neat. I would work on the eyes a little. Would be hours of fun posing that sucker if you finish his body. I was looking at the ZBrush application; it looks rather interesting.

Top Bottom