CnColors

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hiya board members,

Firstly thanks to Aaz for merging my old threads into the new "CnColors" thread. :badbone:

I hope to have something done for you guys whenever I hit another 100+- posts :serpico:. Kind of a fluctuating deadline, if you will. We'll see how it goes.
I"m putting some finishing touches on something right now.
Stay tuned.

EDIT:
Ok, 1200 posts hit. Picture is due. Enjoy and thanks for any comments in advance.

Berserk_group_vit.jpg

Over the horizon

ugh... sorry if its a bit too wide.

EDIT:
Wallpapers now available in:
widescreen:
1680*1050
1280*800

square:
1280*1024
1280*768

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I absolutely love it. And it's certianly not too wide, as it's currently my new WIDESCREEN Thinkpad's background :guts:

PS: Had to blow up the rez in photoshop. Was the source much larger?

PPS: My laptop's current rez is 1280x800

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I absolutely love it. And it's certianly not too wide, as it's currently my new WIDESCREEN Thinkpad's background :guts:

PS: Had to blow up the rez in photoshop. Was the source much larger?

Yes, I'll create a wallpaper for it tonight (just got my new Intuos in the mail today -completely unrelated, but WOOT!). We can't have a blowup for your new laptop, that simply wouldn't do.
I'll create a 4:3 and 16:9. Whats the rez of your laptop's screen?

Thanks, Rhombaad.

PS: 1280*800? ok I'll get that done

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Looks awesome. Great reflections, great work on the grass and water. The only thing that could possibly be improved are the rays of light coming through the clouds. Because of the massive distance the sun is from earth, there should be no variation in the angle. Right now it looks like the sun is only about 50 miles away from earth and very tiny.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hey, thanks guys. I appreciate all your comments.

Vaxillus said:
The only thing that could possibly be improved are the rays of light coming through the clouds. Because of the massive distance the sun is from earth, there should be no variation in the angle. Right now it looks like the sun is only about 50 miles away from earth and very tiny.

Well, besides the source picture having a variance in angle (pretty sure I didn't make that up :guts:), its not an uncommon occurance, really. Example1 Example2 Example3

Hey CnC is the source of that picture high res enough to pop out a 1680 x 1050 version? Or something close to that in a 16:10 ratio? Or could I have the source to play around with it :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
grendelrt said:
Hey CnC is the source of that picture high res enough to pop out a 1680 x 1050 version? Or something close to that in a 16:10 ratio? Or could I have the source to play around with it :guts:

Yea its high enough for that. I'll make you one asap (hopefully tonight). I honestly wasn't expecting wallpaper requests, or I would have done that earlier :guts:. Thanks.
Gotta be careful... at that rez all my ugly little paint strokes might be visible :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
Because of the massive distance the sun is from earth, there should be no variation in the angle.

Just in case there's a doubt, that's not true. Completely wrong actually... I'd detail this if looking at the sky wasn't enough of a proof.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Well then be honored, my friend!  As soon as I get home from work that sucker's going on my desktop and will remain there for quite some time. :serpico:

Damn that picture is killer as a background CnC. Thanks for the high res wallpaper! Took the place of my Guts slicing a tiger in two pic hehe.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Aazealh said:
Just in case there's a doubt, that's not true. Completely wrong actually... I'd detail this if looking at the sky wasn't enough of a proof.
Certainly can't argue with the proof, i.e. the picturs CnC showed. I guess I wasn't thinking of the sun's actual position, which now that I really think about it is obviously setting. I was thinking of viewing the rays from a different angle, not looking straight at the sun (irrelivant in this case). Forgive me, I've had a bad case of stupidity lately :???:.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks and I'm glad you guys enjoy the wallpapers

Vaxillus said:
Certainly can't argue with the proof, i.e. the picturs CnC showed. I guess I wasn't thinking of the sun's actual position, which now that I really think about it is obviously setting. I was thinking of viewing the rays from a different angle, not looking straight at the sun (irrelivant in this case). Forgive me, I've had a bad case of stupidity lately :???:.

No worries. It happens.

Beautiful, my desktop backround picture of the month now, don't want to think about how much time it took you to make. From the top of my head I'm not even sure which Episode the original came from...

Too early to wonder about what and when your next picture will be?

thats beautifull i really like that, i might just make it my background. Great work CnC keep it up man nothing i love more than to see great works like this of berserk.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks. All of your comments are beyond encouraging :guts:

Sparnage said:
don't want to think about how much time it took you to make.

Well, Aaz was kind enough to provide me with a quality scan 2 nights before posting. I'd say in total about 4-6 hours.

Sparnage said:
Too early to wonder about what and when your next picture will be?

Next picture's already underway. Its more of a matte painting than a recolor (drew from scratch deal, use photos where necessary).
It _is_ berserk related so I'll post it when done. its about 50%, now.

Top Bottom