CnColors

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
You mean when Guts is leaving the Band of the Hawk, in volume 8? Thats a fantastic scene, I'd love to see a colored copy done by anyone. If it was one of the skilled people here, then it would be 100 times better :)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hehe well thanks for all the kind words and suggestions. I'm a bit swamped with other work at the moment to start another berserk coloring.
I don't think I'll ever run out of cool panels to color from this manga. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
1600 hit. Pictures due...

aaaaand..
cnc_busy.jpg

10-20 min coloring... :judo:

I got nothing really. I've been crazy busy with other coloring work ( I think I told Aaz about it) that I didn't have any real time to color some Berserk stuff.
Ah well. I hope to have some free time soon (however word is that another book is coming down the pipe right after this project so who knows).

In the meantime, here's some old stuff that I've never posted. It was originally Puella's request but it took a few years to get done. Enjoy:

Berserk_Silatt.jpg

Silat and Tapasa​

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
( I think I told Aaz about it)

Yeah, you did. I want some super picture this time, get to work! :troll: Otherwise I like that Silat & Tapasa one (that I had already seen).

puella

Berserk forever
I like "CnC's busy" Puck as much as Silat and Tapasa. It's a nice idea, CnC. Personally I think we should work on Puck more!

Why doesn't AOW make a decent Puck in his normal form ? They just make tons of Kuri Puck. *blah blah*

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I like 'em both! The robes on the tapasa really stand out to me; they look very cool. As for the Puck...well it's just damn adorable. :guts:

puella said:
Why doesn't AOW make a decent Puck in his normal form ? They just make tons of Kuri Puck. *blah blah*

I agree, I'd love to see a really well-done normal Puck that isn't just a solid color, like their previous statues. :puck:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I like it for the most part, but the robes stand out a little too much as they have very light and smooth shading while the rest is Miura's B&W crosshatching. It's certainly well done, but the styles clash.

Puck looks great. I kinda agree with puella, not enough of the normal Puck, even in the manga imo.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Vaxillus said:
I like it for the most part, but the robes stand out a little too much as they have very light and smooth shading while the rest is Miura's B&W crosshatching. It's certainly well done, but the styles clash.

I agree with ya. This was done a while ago and at the time I was a little too quick to change the color of the lines (color holds). There are some areas where I felt it worked (Tapasa's leg, behind Silat) and there are times where the original hatching would have been better (robes). I think my reasoning at the time was that more was needed to make the shading on the robes work. Silat's white robes could stand to glow a bit but the Tapasa's were overkill. In fact, I'm pretty sure I spent some time "muddying" up the Tapasa so they wouldn't compete with Silat.

Live and learn.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
You do excellent work.  Can't wait to see even more in the future.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Nice stuff, I really like the blaze wheel coloration and your technique for fire and lighting in general.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Heres a quicky. I've been testing out different techniques to color in my spare time. I'll try to post more of these tests as I do them.
blah:

berserk_farnese.jpg

White Lily​

Spirit of Ukko

Eclipse darkened the horizon
Yeah indeed, your pictures are amazing! I set your "Over the horizon" picture as my wallpaper before i was even registered (i lurked here as a guest little time). Most beautiful wallpaper i'we seen/had this far. Thank you for that!

CnC

Ad Oculos
thanks for the comments. I'm surprised by how many people liked 'over the horizon' considering how many liberties i took in changing the black ink lines, which is usually a big no-no. ah well.

Thanks again

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Looks good though a bit faded (maybe that was what you were going for). You did a great job with the light source, very subtle, but some of the highlights/shading look a bit cell shaded. Looks fine on most parts except the hair, which I feel is a bit too flat. Lastly, it's barely noticeable, but the shading under her left (our right) cheek looks a little thick. It makes her look like she's had her wisdom teeth removed and her cheek has swollen up. Of course, you know what an inexperienced artist I am, so I'm likely wrong on a few points.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vaxillus said:
Looks good though a bit faded (maybe that was what you were going for). You did a great job with the light source, very subtle, but some of the highlights/shading look a bit cell shaded. Looks fine on most parts except the hair, which I feel is a bit too flat. Lastly, it's barely noticeable, but the shading under her left (our right) cheek looks a little thick. It makes her look like she's had her wisdom teeth removed and her cheek has swollen up. Of course, you know what an inexperienced artist I am, so I'm likely wrong on a few points.

Hey vax, I agree with most of your points. Like I said, just trying out a different way to color these things. Can't say I'm super happy with the results, myself. But yea, I was going for a more faded, kinda cell-shaded look. but I see your point about the right jaw line. meh, I'll keep those points in mind as I continue to try out this method of coloring.

I love how gentile and tender you made Farnese look!
:troll: hats off!!!
:guts:
BTW the one I like the most is the Daka in the port, looks awesome!

CnC

Ad Oculos
1700 hit. Picture's due.
Lets rock this joint!

2 done to compensate for not really having one last time. Enjoy:

berserk_ganishka.jpg

Ganishka Appears
HI-REZ version

berserk_retribution1.jpg

HICKs vs Black Swordsman​

second one was more testin', but I figured I'd post it...
Thanks fer viewin'!

Top Bottom