CnColors

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Gorgeous as always, but why the subdued colors? Because it's only got a limited light source?

pretty much. There isn't much I can do with the lighting. But the inks suggest Ganishka darkened and Griff being the brightest.

Thanks guys

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, very cool. The contrast between Nish's reds and golds and Griffith's greys and blues makes it very appealing to the eye! :void:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I really like the painting of Guts that you made, CnC. It's easily one of your best works so far. The Griffith/Ganishka piece, on the other hand, didn't sit that well with me. I cannot fault the colouring techniques.. but I don't like the colours. Also, it looks very rushed compared to pieces you've done in the past. I'm sure you could do more with this, if you had more time! Still, much better than what I could muster -- so props to ya, mate =)

Oh, I cleaned that image when the episode was released.. because it's awesome. Feel free to snag it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for all the comments people.
I appreciate it.

Uriel said:
I really like the painting of Guts that you made, CnC. It's easily one of your best works so far. The Griffith/Ganishka piece, on the other hand, didn't sit that well with me. I cannot fault the colouring techniques.. but I don't like the colours. Also, it looks very rushed compared to pieces you've done in the past. I'm sure you could do more with this, if you had more time! Still, much better than what I could muster -- so props to ya, mate =)

Oh, I cleaned that image when the episode was released.. because it's awesome. Feel free to snag it.

Thanks for crits, man. Can't argue with your sentiment, as I did have a whole 'nother ongoing project I needed to get back to and thus couldn't spend that much time with this one. However I probably would have only spent a little more time detailing Ganishka (and darkening him to divert attention away from him). I really wouldn't have given Griffith much more attention because I think he needs as little texture as possible (to preserve that glow).

berserker88

The Raging Demon
CnC said:
Thanks for all the comments people.
I appreciate it.

Thanks for crits, man.  Can't argue with your sentiment, as I did have a whole 'nother ongoing project I needed to get back to and thus couldn't spend that much time with this one.  However I probably would have only spent a little more time detailing Ganishka (and darkening him to divert attention away from him).  I really wouldn't have given Griffith much more attention because I think he needs as little texture as possible (to preserve that glow).

Yeah I still cant wait for your Gunbeld one that I got a sample of before

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm always so excited to see this thread updated (as I am with Lith's and Proj's, too). I knew I'd see you color this spread sooner or later. Looks great! :serpico: As usual, I request a wallpaper version, (I imagine you knew this was coming). :beast:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Rhombaad said:
I'm always so excited to see this thread updated (as I am with Lith's and Proj's, too). I knew I'd see you color this spread sooner or later. Looks great! :serpico: As usual, I request a wallpaper version, (I imagine you knew this was coming). :beast:

Sure thing:
Wallpaper version

(also appendeding it to my original post)

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I like the coloration and background of the Guts sketch. I think I would make Griff a bit more shiny and dynamic on the last pic. The specular level of his armor should be much greater than the cloak, but they blend a bit much as they are IMO.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I think I'm close enough to 2100 posts, don't you guys? :badbone:
(picture's due)

Anyhoo, this page was way too tempting for me:

griffith_ganishka2.jpg

Strong Wind

Thanks for viewin'
FULL REZ version

Iscariot said:
You must wield the powers of time or something, CnC... Time and awesomeness.

Seriously, share the secret pal!
Awesome work. Dead sexy. O la la. I was gonna point out things that do it for me, but everything fuckin flows. THUMBS UP DnD!

In fact, it's Bear Shit!!!!!!! :carcus: and my new wallpaper.

Top Bottom