Completed: 1/8 Guts (Berserker armour) from Headlong

A commission I've been working on on and off for 3 months.
Loads of added scratch built details.

picture.php

For a complete WIP, please follow this link

And as a side note.. these pics were shot out my window with the kit placed on a pedestal, so no photoshop tricks.
I'll add detail shots against neutral backdrops later tonight...

**edit

added this:

Youtube free hand turnaround Link

yesmilord

千年王国
I know this is a late response, but both Joa and I are finally able to present this statue! :ubik:

It was my choice to withhold this from the SK.net community, both because I was extremely depressed about it and to preserve Joa's name, but the statue was severely damaged on the way over to the United States. Either it was terrible handling or customs felt like being a dick, Guts was broken off of his pillar, with several parts of him that were chipped and scathed; the lighting mechanism and wires that Joa installed had been severed inside the glue; multiple objects, including the pillars, were broken; the whole thing was just a mess. This is NOT Joa's fault. He had packaged the statue in a vault with tons of padding while detaching the more fragile pieces so they wouldn't break off during the shipment. Unfortunately, not even that was enough to prevent the wrath of customs. Both Joa and I were extremely devastated at this loss - but we persisted. After earning back a portion of the cost via claims, we discussed our options regarding the statue. Should we send it back and forth for repairs, risking damage again? In the end we opted for Joa to send me materials and guide me through the reparation process. It was a daunting task, but thanks to his very clear instructions and gchat webcamming, Dr. Plastic was able to teach me, step by step, how to bring Guts back to his former glory!

I now am able to proudly show off some pictures of this amazing statue from my home! (please excuse the crappy camera skills - I didn't know how to operate my sister's camera)

_DSC0863.jpg

_DSC0838.jpg

_DSC0845.jpg

Thanks again to Joa for both this grand statue and all of his help in repairing this thing. It was a long road for both of us :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious, was there any damage done to the package itself or was it only internal? If so it would mean someone intentionally damaged it? That's crazy.

Anyway, congratulations at last, both on getting it and repairing it.

yesmilord

千年王国
Aazealh said:
I'm curious, was there any damage done to the package itself or was it only internal? If so it would mean someone intentionally damaged it? That's crazy.

Anyway, congratulations at last, both on getting it and repairing it.

There was no damage to the outside of the package, but there was the infamous 'brown tape', which is the result of customs inspections. This isn't the first time I've had something opened on me (my SK 2 on horse's box was ripped open from the top - what a shame), but whoever inspected the item obviously did not know how to put it back in. When I opened the package there were severely less peanuts (for one), and I noticed that the foam blocks were not in the same places that they were displayed in the pictures that Joa sent me. Granted it WAS a very fragile piece to send, Joa spent extra time and caution preparing this for the journey. If it wasn't intentional damage, then it was extremely rough handling. Some of the pillars had their metal pins snapped in half. METAL PINS SNAPPED IN HALF!

But that's enough about me ranting on about how US customs handles things. There was a problem and we worked together to solve it - I couldn't ask for anything more. And thanks, I'm loving this statue. It really is my holy grail :)

Top Bottom