Condemned

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1953053988

Ripoff of battle royal?

Woah is that stone cold steve austin who is getting the majority of the trailer and probably the main charecter?

Dude, it even has :isidro: Eminem :isidro: on the soundtrack, I'M SO DOWN TO SEE THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!

:miura: :puck:

Yea dude. Blatant rip off. As much as Vinny Jones makes me chuckle, Ima have to say nay. Boo to rip offs. Another good Japanese film sullied by good ol' Hollywood.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't seem that bad to me. And really, it's not that much like Battle Royale, which concept revolved about the numbers and the players being "innocent" kids. This is a good old MANHUNT with "ruthless killers," and while it's technically a battle royale too, it's not like the Japanese novel invented anything in the first place. It's a pretty old concept.

I don't know, I wouldn't mind watching it if it got good reviews.

PS: I didn't find Battle Royale to be all that great personally.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
PS: I didn't find Battle Royale to be all that great personally.

ditto my self. I could barely stand watching battle royal. I thought it was a little too silly for me. something about highschool students fighting each other to the death just didn't sit will with me. If this movie is just 10 people fighting each other to the death, I'm going to be a little disapointed with this also, but if its like manhunt well I'm looking forward to it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Some parts of Battle Royale were wierd, but overall I thought it was a good movie.

And yea, this movie is a rip-off (only they didn't have the balls to use school children). Pass.

Top Bottom