Current Episodes

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Really, 240 was one of the worst cliffhangers yet as far as dramatic tension is concerned, and I mean that in the best way possible. This whole chapter hinges on whose clothing material got slashed. Every Vagabond nerd since 240 has been cross-comparing different Gi materials to determine who's getting the butt-ax.

That being said, can't wait! :serpico:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

Alright, I won the office pool on "who got sliced!?" I knew my careful study of Musashi's backside would pay off. Actually, I'm just really happy Inoue didn't do that same trick twice, because it happened already in 228, and since it was guessed by everyone on the Internet, it obviously wasn't the most original move at this point. Some people were even going out of their way though, saying it was Matahachi (who's not established as around), Kojiro (who's established as miles away), and Tagaya (who's established as... dead, and Yoshioka =), basically, anyone but the guy who Ueda's sword was coming down on. I just wish Musashi had been hurt more.

Anyway, loved the flashback as well, and had to laugh at the start because I thought to myself as a joke after the last episode, "Wouldn't it be funny if instead of showing us what happens, Inoue just goes yet into another flashback?" Didn't think he'd do it though, next week it'll be 19 pages of Kurando's life, with 1 page of the present. =)

Also, looks like he was the one disarmed (by the sword), think Musashi has basically already killed him on page 19 as well? I would be interested to see how Musashi would handle him if he were only disarmed and wounded, especially since they were the ones that had the conversation earlier regarding, "Must this go on?" and it would give Musashi a chance to test out any newfound kindness. Probably dead either way though...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Translation for 240 is up.

Here's the final version of what Inoue wrote before the 240 preview. Just another blog entry :guts:

[quote author=Takehiko Inoue]I think this is the busiest I've ever been in all my 40 years.
When someone says they're busy doesn't an image of them running around, always on their cellphone come to mind?
But it's a bit different for manga artists. Being busy means that we're stuck at our desk drawing! drawing! drawing!
Which is hard to escape from in its own way...
But I'll see the fruits of my labor this Fall (it's already Fall), starting around November.
So I'm going to stick with it until it's harvest time.
Please let me know what you think of them when the time comes.

I haven't updated my News in a long time, so I thought I'd write a bit more here.[/quote]
Which seems to hint at another extended break in November. Fine with me, the guy's been pumping out these episodes at an insane rate this summer. At this rate, I believe he may be trying to finish another volume. Volume 27 will end with 242, assuming it's the same length as the other volumes (8 episodes).

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

Mmm...

... and then the Spiral of Waiting and Frustration will begin again....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
Mmm...

... and then the Spiral of Waiting and Frustration will begin again....
Well, he has been very, very productive the past few months. I think the guy deserves a good long break.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
Well, he has been very, very productive the past few months. I think the guy deserves a good long break.

Mm.. I really shouldn't complain.

I'm sure the poor guy looks a little like Musashi right now.. utterly exhausted -- but he's still a winner.

Before After
inouelv6.gif
inouetiredhi9.gif

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html#top

vol.gif

poorinouehs7.jpg

Interesting, no sketches, and...

Inoue via babelfish said:
Being this week to be publication schedule, it does, but it became the time out and it could not publish.
We apologize to the related everyone.
In addition everyone of the reader who enjoys publication, it did not have to be met by expectation.

You try that here several weeks (even now is but) your own state probably become becoming aware in order perhaps for you to think of the future your own way.

* The amount which this time is not recorded becomes the next week publication.

Takehiko Inoue

Looks like Uriel wasn't far off with his exhausted Musashi/Inoue quip in the last thread, looks like Inoue might have even missed his deadline this week; the WORST CASE SCENARIO!

In any case, looks like we shouldn't look forward to any Vagabond this week.

UPDATE:

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

vol.gif

242a.gif

242b.gif

Wow, probably some of the most detailed sketches ever, it's like a real preview of pages.

Inoue 242 update via babelfish said:
Last week it was not in time and it was スミマセン. In addition the mail and the entry etc. which the variety you worry thank you. This is the rust of 27 volumes. Simply, there being an amount which cannot enter, being to revise that in the pleasure.

Takehiko Inoue

According to babelfish, this is the rest of the series... or the rust on it? :guts:

Anyway, I hope it's an extra large or detailed episode.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Whoa, he missed a deadline. That's pretty serious news. Oh well, I can wait.

I'd actually rather he took it easy and got it out on a schedule that didn't make him miss deadlines and contemplate suicide, personally.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Aa,

I was going to use the WORST CASE SCENARIO image back in the 241 thread... I didn't want to curse the chapter, though! Luckily, Griff filled in the blanks for me :p

After skimping on my Japanese homework, I finally finished re-re-reading Vagabond. It's going to make the upcoming chapter even more poignant for me.. so if I start gushing uncontrollably when it does come out, please feel free to cyber-slap me. I can't complain though, the new Berserk episode is coming our way and I have LOTS of things I could be doing in the mean time... like studying so eventually I can give us better preview translations.

Thank you for the update, Griff (I refuse to call you Musashi =P)

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
I was going to use the WORST CASE SCENARIO image back in the 241 thread... I didn't want to curse the chapter, though! Luckily, Griff filled in the blanks for me :p

Hahaha, I put that up there as our placeholder sketch for this week. =)

Uriel said:
After skimping on my Japanese homework, I finally finished re-re-reading Vagabond.

Hey, let's put that homework to use and start translating 241. :carcus:

Uriel said:
Thank you for the update, Griff (I refuse to call you Musashi =P)

You WILL respect my new name here, or I'll change yours to Urinal!

Hmmm, well, how about if I change it to Mushi, instead? Got a great avatar for that too...

UPDATE:

Sketches are up and I updated the first post with them, mighty detailed too, basically spoilers. =)

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Mushi said:
Hey, let's put that homework to use and start translating 24

Maybe in a year or so, I just =P

Mushi said:
Hmmm, well, how about if I change it to Mushi, instead?

Mmm, "Bug" is much more appropriate! :ganishka:

Walter said:
Well, it appears the fight is over. Good way to finish out 27.

Grah!

I must avert my eyes from the preview! Volume 27 was incredible. I'm hoping for a very, very bloody volume cover ala volume 5!

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Current Episodes Thread

Waiting for Berserk releases sure makes a man out of ya.
Makes even a missed Vagabond week seem like nothing.
Let alone weekly series.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
Well, it appears the fight is over. Good way to finish out 27.

And this preview bodes well for Kurando's survival chances, mostly because it confirms Musashi didn't already kill him in the last issue. =)

Uriel said:
Mmm, "Bug" is much more appropriate! :ganishka:

Mushi is not amushed, more confushed.

Uriel said:
Grah!

I must avert my eyes from the preview! Volume 27 was incredible. I'm hoping for a very, very bloody volume cover ala volume 5!

Well, though it's not usually the norm, perhaps we've already seen it as with 26; the image from the cover of Morning that contained #236 would be perfectly appropriate minus all that junky magazine lettering.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
Waiting for Berserk releases sure makes a man out of ya.
Makes even a missed Vagabond week seem like nothing.
Let alone weekly series.

Well, start growing out those chest hairs; Miura's not back until November and Inoue is sure to take at least a few weeks off after this release. Dark days ahead.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Mushi said:
And this preview bodes well for Kurando's survival chances, mostly because it confirms Musashi didn't already kill him in the last issue. =)
Call me crazy, but it looks like Kurando's ghost in the preview shots. :SK: :isidro:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
Call me crazy, but it looks like Kurando's ghost in the preview shots. :SK: :isidro:

No no, great call. I was wondering what the hell was going on because the guy on the ground with the slice also looked like Kurando (and I figured Ueda was done talking). Now the preview makes even more sense, can't wait to see what's actually going on here.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Well, I hope I'm wrong and it's just Inoue's wanky line work in these previews that's throwing me off. If so... poor, pragmatic Kurando. :judo: I wanted him to be the Yoshioka to walk away from this. He's the only one who kept a level head throughout this whole ordeal.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Well, it would seem he's certainly been hit, I mean, we thought he was probably dead by the end of the last issue, and the wound in that preview is consistent with where Musashi's sword would have to be in the shot of their exchange on page 19 of 241. If he's still alive, either dying or some sort of an Inshun/Shinnosuke situation, he's hurtin'.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind it just being some of Inoue's "sketchiness" at work.

Musashi probably just has has a cold and is hallucinating (inside joke =).

Ahhhh, I had to stay up until 6am for it, but it was well worth it (I know what my favorite moment is, by far =), soak it in boys, and may Inoue enjoy his well deserved vacation.

BTW,

WTF!?

I think you'll know what I mean after finishing it.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

CnC said:
I'm not entirely sure what just happened...

Yeah, sure wasn't expecting that one, it kind of makes sense in a crazy woman scorned kind of way, especially since she's trash... on that note, I hope the only reason he's concerned is because the knife was poisoned and she has the antidote. =)

Anyway, fuck that, ZOMBIE-UEDA-4-LIFE! You guys see that shit!?

Top Bottom