Custom made berserk sculptures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in commissioning a sculptor to make a custom Berserk statue? I have done it before and its quite costly (about $200-300USD per inch) but if we had maybe 5-10 people interested it wouldn't be so bad.

It would be awesome to have a Berserk diorama in 1/6 scale, think of the possibilities.

I know a talented sculptor called edinho maga and he is making a custom Incredible Hulk sculpture for me right now, you can see the WIP here: http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=verso2le5.jpg

Well if anyone is interested in getting a group commission done for a Berserk statue send me a PM and we can organize something.
Thanks

hi,

the hulk looks awesome :isidro:
but please show us more work from the artist. (links form statueforum.com)

but like you said we would need some people ... count me in if there will be others ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Asherak,

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me, assuming people can agree on what they want done. And that Hulk statue does indeed look awesome.

i just saw some of his work: :isidro: :isidro: :isidro: AMAZING the detail!!! :isidro: :isidro: :isidro:

P1060181.jpg

here painted:

wolvieresting02.jpg

would be so great to make a costum berserk kit ...

Asherak, COUNT ME IN. I'm all for a custom Berserk statue. What character do you have in mind?? Do you have a place to get the sculpture casted into resin to make 5-10 kits from? Also, who will keep the original sculpture. The artist or yourself?

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Having a diorama of 2 characters lock in battle would be sweet, i.e. Guts vs Zodd (Apostle) from Hill of the Swords, Berserker vs. Grunbeld, Skullknight vs Zodd and etc. Actually, I would prefer SK vs. Apostle Zodd. I believe their battles were never shown so it's up to our imagination. Or Guts and Griffith vs Zodd (1st time meeting) would be unique.

Even better, we can take my ideas above and make it like the Puck & Ivalera set (http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=168). 2 parts that look good standing alone and fantastic when put together.

HITReza said:
hi,

the hulk looks awesome :isidro:
but please show us more work from the artist. (links form statueforum.com)

but like you said we would need some people ... count me in if there will be others ;)

Here is some more work from the sculptor:

http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=edinho3rq6.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=edinho6gx5.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=edinho4rl5.jpg

The Guardian said:
Would it be a complete painted Berserk statue ?
And also what character do you have in mind for the statue ?

This would most likely be done as an unpainted kit as it is more cost effective that way. However if we had enough people interested we could make a mold of the original and cast solid copies of it. But it would still probably come unpainted.

DirectDK said:
Asherak, COUNT ME IN. I'm all for a custom Berserk statue. What character do you have in mind?? Do you have a place to get the sculpture casted into resin to make 5-10 kits from? Also, who will keep the original sculpture. The artist or yourself?

Awesome, I just hope we can find more people as I am already broke after commissioning my Hulk statue. The sculptor in Brazil can make the mold/kits of this so it is no problem. I think the sculptor keeps the original. I am interested to hear what characters people want. I personally would like some new characters that AOW hasn't done, like Locus, Ganishka, Mozgus and servants, Serpico, Farnese etc. But I would also love a nice VS diorama like cucu4coco suggested.

Would people prefer to stay in 1/10 scale to match their AOW collection or go up to a bigger scale such as 1/6?

Huh, brilliant idea, I'm on board as far as money goes, as long as it's not too crazy.

How about we work out a couple of scene ideas, then set it to a poll?

Personally, I'd vote for that scene on the beach, after Guts just about loses it and turns against his companions - Guts in full armored beast-mode, Serpico preparing to throw is life away to save everyone else...

Might be too complicated, though.

Myself, I'm trying to think of scenes that would involve some of Gut's recent comrades, that wouldn't be overly complex of expensive to have commissioned.

Dennis1981

Berserk Rulezzzzz
First of all the silver surfer is GREAT. Very well done.

And about the statue, kit. If it includes Guts then count me in.

My choice for the kit would be Guts cutting of his own arm and femto with casca in his arms. Should look good when you put them together like the
Puck & Ivalera set.

Also does anyone knows a good artist who can paint this kit or any other kits ?

Asherak said:
The sculptor in Brazil can make the mold/kits of this so it is no problem. I think the sculptor keeps the original.

Thanks for answering my question. It's good to hear that the sculptor will also handle the breakdown of the model and all the molding. I'm commissioning a model right now (non-Berserk related... crazy I know!) and we are going to a different person for the casting. It's definitely easier if your guy can do everything himself.

Asherak said:
I am interested to hear what characters people want. I personally would like some new characters that AOW hasn't done, like Locus, Ganishka, Mozgus and servants, Serpico, Farnese etc. But I would also love a nice VS diorama like cucu4coco suggested.

Well, as much as I'd absolutely love to see a Serpico statue, it seems like your sculptor specializes more in the rugged / muscular characters. Is this false? Do you think he would do a good Serpico? Otherwise, one thing we should keep in mind is that it'd be a waste if the figure we commission ends up being released by AOW in the future!!! Now that AOW has been taking our opinions and suggestions in consideration more seriously, there are chances that some of the scenes / dioramas that we have mentioned in the past might show up in their line of statues. It'd be a pity if we spend all this time and get a custom job, only for it to be available via AOW (although I'm sure the size / style will be different).

In other words, perhaps we should think of a character / scene that seems very unlikely that AOW will do. For example, I WOULD LOVE to have a statue of The Guardian's avatar (Guts with his chopped off arm holding a naked Casca), but I sort of feel that this MIGHT be a statue that AOW will do eventually. So maybe we should stray away from this one? It's unfortunate, because I feel like that one fits your sculptors style exactly.

I have to give some more thought about what character / scene would be really cool and unique to have. But I'd love to hear what other people think.

Asherak said:
Would people prefer to stay in 1/10 scale to match their AOW collection or go up to a bigger scale such as 1/6?

I say we definitely go BIGGER than 1/10. 1/8 or 1/6 for sure.

DirectDK said:
For example, I WOULD LOVE to have a statue of The Guardian's avatar (Guts with his chopped off arm holding a naked Casca), but I sort of feel that this MIGHT be a statue that AOW will do eventually. So maybe we should stray away from this one? It's unfortunate, because I feel like that one fits your sculptors style exactly.

That would be awesome ! Count me in for this kind of diorama. I only buy 1/10 stuff for my berserk collection, but for such a project I think we need to chose a bigger scale, 1/6 would be fine.

yesmilord

千年王国
Any news on this?
Sorry for the semi-necro, but it seems like a cool idea that never came to fruition.

Also, lols at the Armored Berserk suggestion.

EDIT: Looking back on some of my favorite scenes, I'd love to have a diorama of Serpico skewering the Kelpie from volume 25. It's been mentioned to AoW a bunch of times, but I really don't know the odds of them producing a Serpico statue (since he isn't as popular as the other main characters). I'm sure once more epic scenes take place, including for the apostles and the neo Band of the Hawk, AoW would consider them for production - hence I think we should stay away from those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom