Dark Horse Releases

Oburi

All praise Grail
But why? Dark Horse had spent well over two months coming up with such witty and charming catchphrase. Considering the fact that they're going all the way to actually quote a play by William Shakespeare, we all ought to consider this an honor.

Sometimes I can't believe the shit that you type. Do you honestly feel honored that DH put a completely irrelevant blurb from Shakespear just because two characters shared a name. Would you feel honored if they put in lines from the Pippin in Lord of The Rings.

Berserks bloody barrage of carnage will have ravenous fans craving for more. "What about second breakfest!"?! :isidro:
(Don't bother telling me that Shakespear is better than Tolkien)

And do you really think DH spent two hard working months writing that. Like Walter said, Google the name Casca and and you can find two unrelated works of literature with characters of the same name. Not hard, and it doesn't make sense.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I'm pretty sure numb nuts is trying to goad us because he can't handle that the fact that we handed him his own ass and pretty much made an ass out of him, granted we didn't really need to help him on that since he was/is doing a find job. Regardless I'm sure he let his little butt buddy know about our kind words to him and thus is probably their way of retaliating against us.

At least thats what I would do if I was in his shitty situation.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
BayJumper said:
But why? Dark Horse had spent well over two months coming up with such witty and charming catchphrase.

"Created by Kentarou Miura, Berserk is a brilliant manga masterpiece that has been chopped, screwed, and raped by the Dark Horse and turned into a festering manga genital wart that relentlessly attacks your senses with boxes that cover the artwork! Dark Horse's "Berzerk" is the kind of ball-busting manga that will fuck you in the ass and not even give the common courtesy of a reach around! The goggles do nothing!"

That one took two minutes! You think DH will hire me?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, I think it's pretty obvious our friend BayJumper is just trolling at this point. Replying to his provocation is useless, he's just trying to shit up the thread. Honestly I'd think he was just being sarcastic if I didn't know him already.

So yeah, I guess I'm just going to delete such posts from now on, that'll save everybody the trouble.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Wow, after having been out of the DH loop for a while, I see I missed quite the debate. Still, I will offer my thoughts on this SFX translation.

First off, I had no problems with the first 11 volumes lacking SFX translations. I enjoyed the smooth artwork and felt the SFX were just part of it. I have yet to purchase volumes 12 or 13 from DH (and based on what I've seen, I have serious reservations). This SFX box garbage is a joke. As a reader, those boxes only succeed in distracting one. Complete waste IMHO. If the whiny, "I want SFX translated" group desperately wants translations, why the hell didn't DH just make an appendix for them as mentioned by others here? I'm going to read through the story first, then afterwards, look back at the appendix if I have any questions about meaning. Again, those ridiculous SFX boxes are a joke that ruin the majesty of the artwork.

In regards to the back cover, I may not have liked the "summary," but I certainly am not going to look at it all that often. In my mind, it's just a bunch of garble that happens to be on the back. Sure, I may not have found DH to be perfect for Volumes 1 - 11, but I could live with this goofy back summary.

All I can say is that DH has lost my business for the time being. If they ever want my money again (Berserk or anything else), they better go about fixing this SFX crap. After ruining one of the best volumes (vol 13), I shudder to think how they are going to handle future releases.

For the love of God DH, enough with these friggin' SFX boxes!

/end rant

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Slightly Green said:
everytime this thread is updated I'm hoping it's a reply from Chris Warner.
Hélas! it's nothing so useful and intriguing. just the same message, different people, over and over again. :judo:

Yeah, hail Chris Warner, the great wise one! Because I'm sure he'd have something really different and enlightening to update us with...

"Sorry, it's impossible to make everbody happy, so we won't make anybody happy. Thanks for being such suckers, though.

-Chris

P.S. Oh, and Rane, it was great in the butt last time, we need to get together again soon. It'll be a berserk manboy mosh pit that you better not let your grandma in on, unless you love big wrinkly incest tities to the eXtreme!"

Thank you, Chris! May I have another!?

BTW, the guy's at Dead Horse can work in references to Shakespeare on their backcover blurbs, but they can't come up with better translation vocabulary than "groovy" or "neat"?

"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, hail Chris Warner, the great wise one! Because I'm sure he'd have something really different and enlightening to update us with...

"Sorry, it's impossible to make everbody happy, so we won't make anybody happy. Thanks for being such suckers, though.

-Chris

P.S. Oh, and Rane, it was great in the butt last time, we need to get together again soon. It'll be a berserk manboy mosh pit that you better not let your grandma in on, unless you love big wrinkly incest tities to the eXtreme!"

Thank you, Chris! May I have another!?

BTW, the guy's at Dead Horse can work in references to Shakespeare on their backcover blurbs, but they can't come up with better translation vocabulary than "groovy" or "neat"?

And people wonder why I haven't logged in recently. Or probably won't again any time soon. It's amazing to me that this is the kind of treatment people dish out when I've come onto this site—and I'm under no obligation to do so—listened to what people have had to say, answered questions, and actually incorporated suggestions and requests into the direction of the book, such as moving the book to bimonthly status (something bookstores would prefer we NOT do, by the way), and . . . yes, sound effects translation. Specifically, here's what I've been told we should do with sound effects translations by Berserk readers:

1. re-letter the sound effects in english

2. run small translations right next to the effects

3. only run translations in panel gutters (despite the fact that some pages/panels don't have any)

4. print translations only in an index

5. don't translate effects at all

See? There's nothing to this job!

We're making adjustments to this as we go, but literally, and I ain't kidding, no matter what we do, somebody won't like it. At some point, I have to draw the line and move on. If some of you decide to stop buying the book, I'm sorry, but that's your choice. I know some people who refuse to watch dubbed foreign films, and then again, I know others who have no patience for subtitles. What can you do when you can only release something one way? As the audience, you make your choices about what to do with your dollars. But realize that the publisher can't produce the work five different ways.

One thing I can do, though, is make damn sure I don't respond to insults, particularly from those who bravely hide in cyberspace behind pseudonyms. I've been editing manga for almost twenty years, and life's too short to put up with abuse from people who've never even met me and know absolutely nothing about life on this side of the fence. I don't think I've said one thing here to indicate that I think I'm on some lofty perch, looking down on readers, and yet total strangers are happy to treat me like some dog because I won't do tricks on command. Incredible.

Certainly, the vast majority of you who've contacted me have been gracious, and that's appreciated. You're great. But this kind of grief I don't need, and I won't spend one more second of my life dignifying it.

Griffith didn't get a chuckle out of you? :serpico:

The Dark Horse releases may not be perfect, but one thing is for sure, it is nice of you to stop by here once in a while to talk to us.  I hope you continue doing that.

I personally think the sound effects are so pointless...  "BAM" "BOOM" "GOONG", what's the difference?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Chris Warner said:
We're making adjustments to this as we go, but literally, and I ain't kidding, no matter what we do, somebody won't like it. At some point, I have to draw the line and move on. If some of you decide to stop buying the book, I'm sorry, but that's your choice.

Why didn't Dark Horse just stick with not translating the sound-effects?  It seems like you listened to some of the fans.  I just don't understand how Dark Horse chose covering up the artwork as the best way to go about things.  That doesn't make any sense to me at all.  The artwork is the last thing that should be touched, no matter what changes are felt necessary.

Oberi said:
Berserk's bloody barrage of carnage will have ravenous fans craving for more. "What about second breakfast!"?!  :isidro:
(Don't bother telling me that Shakespear [sic] is better than Tolkien)

XD XD

Whoa! Careful there, Oberi! You might be giving the folks at DH ideas...!! We know they come skulking round here....

...Won't it be hilarious if this turns out to be the final line of volume 16's blurb!?!

Griffith

Mr. Warner, I'm surprised you'd respond to me, and am admittedly embarrassed.

Yes, I don't know you, and this certainly wasn't something to your face; but, by that same token, it's also something not to be taken too seriously. Funny as it may sound, it wasn't even intended for you, and I didn't consider you my audience (you hadn't been around). I'm sure you've jokingly said things about Berserk fans you couldn't print either.

Anyway, my ridiculousness aside, there was also a valid point there (and many others here) that I'm not going to backpeddle from, and to be fair, of all things, it was the obscene and satirical rant that did get a response from you, which again, was not my intention. Anyway, since it was my indiscretion, I do hope something more constructive comes of this.

pippin22 said:
Griffith didn't get a chuckle out of you? :serpico:

The Dark Horse releases may not be perfect, but one thing is for sure, it is nice of you to stop by here once in a while to talk to us.  I hope you continue doing that.

I personally think the sound effects are so pointless...  "BAM" "BOOM" "GOONG", what's the difference?

Back again. Go figure.

What's the difference? The reason we're doing manga non-Westernized is because (some) readers screamed that we weren't being authentic by Westernizing. That being said, how is it authentic to NOT translate some of Miura's work? I, an American editor, should pick and choose which of the author's effects are worthwhile and which aren't? You do see the slippery slope here, right? Certainly, to a Western reader a sound effect that indicates silence seems pretty out of place, but somehow in its "authentic' condition, this storytelling device is there for a reason. If authenticity is important, then I don't see how altering that kind of thing for a more (how do I put it?) comfortable Western reading experience serves that end. Now, of course, we get back into that area of an audience that does not have a single, specific esthetic. Some want this, some want that. Perhaps if we want to be even more authentic, we should run the English words vertically and array them in right-to-left layout. Now, that would be a helluvalot closer to the original japanese reading experiience, would far bettrer convey the vosual flow of the narrative, and the balloons would match up much better . . . but of course, it would read like shit. So, where to draw the line?

I'm the first guy to agree that the handling of some of the FX translations in the more complex panels in Berserk hasn't worked well at times, and I'm really trying to fix these issues. Unfortunately, Miura's storytelling/layout style doesn't make it easy. I do the same thing in Crying Freeman and Old Boy, and nobody has complained, but that probably has a lot more to do with the more open layouts and traditional panel arrangements of those titles. I can see, and am trying to address, captions that genuinely interfere with artwork. But a little caption box in a flat field of grey tone or in an area of dead texture doesn't interfere with anything, so let's try to be reasonable. On the other hand, I recently got an email that didn't want FX translations in the panel gutters, because he considered the gutters part of the artwork. You guys are killing me!

Miura's layouts and compositions are very dense. But the idea of an index is completely anathema to any kind of narrative flow from a reading standpoint. How is it "authentic" to interrupt the story and jump back to an index every fifteen seconds? And not to put too fine a point on it, but if unfettered artwork is what you're looking for, why aren't you demanding manga artists to put all the dialog and sound effects in indexes, too? Doesn't that stuff cover up a lot of art, too?

I'm going to do my best to make sure we handle this stuff better. I'm doing that every day I work on this book. I've heard what you guys have said, believe me, and I'm a reader, too. I agree with some (repeat SOME) of what you're saying. But lay off the horn, okay? I heard you the first fifteen times!

End of rant. Drink beer now.

Griffith

To me the problem supercedes the issue of translating sound effects altogether and becomes the bigger problem of altering the art, design, and flow of the panels themselves. While I understand you're between a rock and a hard place, for me as a reader, it's creating an even more fundamental problem. I didn't much care about the sound effects issue before, yet I'm now adversely affected by the solution. This is especially frustrating when it also goes against precedent set by the earlier releases, making it seem all the more illogical a step that it would change this way now, rather than a compromise more intuitive to the previous format.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chris, and thanks for taking time to come over here and address some of our members' concerns. First off I'd like to state that the post that offended you is merely the expression of an individual member's opinion and is in no way representative of our community's stance on this matter. I would also like to point out, with all due respect, that there are plenty of other posts from other members to reply to, that one was merely the most recent addition to the thread, and not the one most worthy of your attention. I suggest you to ignore such posts and focus on more constructive ones. If you have any qualms with messages you deem inappropriate in the future (e.g. containing personal attacks), I invite you to contact me or Walter about it. Now, about the real issue: (I'll try to summarize people's opinion)

Chris Warner said:
If authenticity is important, then I don't see how altering that kind of thing for a more (how do I put it?) comfortable Western reading experience serves that end. Now, of course, we get back into that area of an audience that does not have a single, specific esthetic. Some want this, some want that. Perhaps if we want to be even more authentic, we should run the English words vertically and array them in right-to-left layout. Now, that would be a helluvalot closer to the original japanese reading experiience, would far bettrer convey the vosual flow of the narrative, and the balloons would match up much better . . . but of course, it would read like shit. So, where to draw the line?

Alright, now let's not forget that everybody here is talking about finding a compromise. There's no way the English version of Berserk will ever be perfect in regard to the original. It's just not possible. We all understand this, and I don't think anybody here expects Dark Horse to realize the impossible. An appendix is a mere compromise, just like caption boxes are a compromise. Most of the fans I've heard on the subject, on this forum and in other places, seem to be distraught by what they perceive to be "fixing what wasn't broken." Having no translated SFX is also a compromise, and as it turns out it seems a lot of people were fine with it, because they understood that it wasn't technically possible to fully anglicize them without losing something in return. Like you said, a line has to be drawn at some point, and it was indeed done when Berserk was first published. That line was no translated SFX. I think a majority of readers were fine with it, and this sudden change isn't making sense to them. They don't understand what motivated it, and thus complain and don't know what course of action to take. I'm sure you can see how this leads to frustration on their part.

Chris Warner said:
I'm the first guy to agree that the handling of some of the FX translations in the more complex panels in Berserk hasn't worked well at times, and I'm really trying to fix these issues. Unfortunately, Miura's storytelling/layout style doesn't make it easy. I do the same thing in Crying Freeman and Old Boy, and nobody has complained, but that probably has a lot more to do with the more open layouts and traditional panel arrangements of those titles.

I think you're right. Indeed, Berserk's particular layout style doesn't fit the caption boxes system very well. In my humble opinion, this could be a valid reason to search for an alternative. Trying to apply an inadequate solution will only result in frustration for all parties, DH because they'll make more efforts and won't meet much gratitude, and the fans because no matter how much effort DH makes, they will not be satisfied, and by that I don't mean fully satisfied but even simply satisfied by that compromise. Also, while fans know and understand that DH is tributary of the volumes themselves and that sometimes like in volume 13 it's going to look real bad, they know enough about the later volumes too to be able to predict that it will be as bad again in the future. Long term thinking is important here.

Chris Warner said:
On the other hand, I recently got an email that didn't want FX translations in the panel gutters, because he considered the gutters part of the artwork. You guys are killing me!

Hahaha, while it's flattering of you, I don't think all the e-mails you receive concerning Berserk emanate from SK.net members. I would certainly like the site to be that big, but it would be presumptuous of us to assume it's the case.

Chris Warner said:
But the idea of an index is completely anathema to any kind of narrative flow from a reading standpoint. How is it "authentic" to interrupt the story and jump back to an index every fifteen seconds? And not to put too fine a point on it, but if unfettered artwork is what you're looking for, why aren't you demanding manga artists to put all the dialog and sound effects in indexes, too?

Once again, I believe it is a matter of compromises. Dark Horse's volumes 1 to 11 of Berserk featured untranslated SFX. It seems the customers were fine with it. At the same time, some SFX can have interesting meanings (other than "bam," "paf," "hmmm," "gpa," etc) and help understand the story better. People would like to be able to know their meaning, but at the same time they aren't willing for this to be done at the expense of the artwork. These SFX aren't necessarily to be read at the back of the volume while actually reading the volume, rather they're meant as an after-read, something one might want to peruse while re-reading the volume and appreciating its depth. It would only be that: a compromise meant to satisfy as many people as possible (those that don't want the artwork altered, those that want SFX translated but not necessarily inside the flow of the story). Having caption boxes satisfies some people, but it appears that quite a bit of others (as this thread shows) are extremely unhappy with it. These people are only trying to voice their opinions, and since some individuals have claimed that their personal harassment of DH since the first publication of Berserk is what brought about this change, all the other fans want to be heard so DH knows that this small group lobbying to have translated SFX in captions isn't representative of the majority. Some might also point out that a lot the SFX aren't actually really translated (e.g. Japanese sound "GOPA" changed to "gpa") and do not bring anything really beneficial to the book in their current form. This reinforces their belief that no SFX at all, or an appendix would be more proper. But that is yet another question.

On a side note in this SFX frenzy, I would like to point out a topic that people often bring up but that has seldom been addressed: the back cover blurbs. All, and I'm saying ALL the people I've heard about them simply despise them. Not just die-hard fans but casual readers as well, there seems to be a general feeling of execration about them. So I humbly suggest that you consider changing them, as they do not reflect what Berserk is and as everybody appears to abhor them. I think replacing them by the very proper summaries of the events happening in each volume that are on Dark Horse's official website would be judicious, and effortless. Thank you for your attention on that point.

Chris Warner said:
I'm going to do my best to make sure we handle this stuff better. I'm doing that every day I work on this book. I've heard what you guys have said, believe me, and I'm a reader, too. I agree with some (repeat SOME) of what you're saying. But lay off the horn, okay? I heard you the first fifteen times!

Once again, I'd like to thank you for taking time off your undoubtedly busy schedule to come here and discuss things with us, answer questions, etc. We're all very thankful for it, and rest assured that every fan of Berserk appreciates your dedication. But you can't just ask passionate people to stop being passionate, they can't help it. These people are die-hard fans, they're the ones that talk about a series to advertise it everywhere they go, and that will follow it to the very end no matter what, as long as they feel the object of their passion gets due respect.

Sorry for the giant reply, and have a nice evening.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
I can't agree enough with Griffith here. True, some readers do what to understand the sound effects that accompany the story. As some people have already stated, though, these SFX are actually PART of the artwork. By choosing to translate these SFX you are basically putting more emphasis on parts of the Artwork/story that aren't the focal point. Whether you like it or not, Mr. Warner, attention is being drawn to these FX boxes even more than the actually dialogue itself.

As others have said, the story flow is severely interrupted by these FX boxes. To be frank, I just wish you guys would have stayed true with what you were doing for the first 11 volumes. The translations were decent and the story was comprehensible in english. I could seamlessly turn from page to page and find no eyesore or distraction placed in the manga by Dark Horse. With these new FX boxes, things are not as smooth as in earlier volumes. And I certainly do not find these boxes to be aesthetically pleasing in the least. Not only do they distract, but they also cover up the original artwork.

As for your current DH fanbase, I have a feeling you alienated those who have already purchased the first 11 volumes (myself included). I would be curious to see the dropoff in sales due to this switch. Just as the story takes a critical turn, you decide to change direction and start adding mess to the pages. As a reader, I certainly do not need to know every single sound effect in a manga. I believe one can ascertain that from the general artwork.

In addition, let me take this opportunity to thank you as well, Mr. Warner, for gracing these boards. Such an action speaks positively of you and Dark Horse IMHO.

Zach

Edit: Thnx Aaz

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to state that Griffith's post DOES represent the opinion of Skullknight.net, since I own it and agree with him.

I find it reprehensible that Chris decided to appear now, only when he was mock-insulted by Griff. Really, great work supporting the readers by ignoring us these past months during the SFX crisis, but magically appearing the ONE TIME someone makes a jab at your position.

MR. Warner, I actually felt I gained something from Volume 12 when it was translated with SFX, and the boxes didn't cover up the artwork enough for me to get even slightly upset. However some of the scans I've seen in this thread featuring volume 13 are very upsetting. I'm assuming those are some of the worst in the volume.

While I thought volume 12 was an improvement 99% over 1-11 I don't want to have pages that look like some of the pages in volume 13 do. So knowing that you have to work around what miura has created Dark horse can't promise how future volumes will turn out when translated like they have been. So I guess I have to choose my preference of all or nothing. And I choose nothing- meaning volumes 1-11 are better than what happened in 13.

another reason an appendix would be good is that you can actually have the room to translate some of the sound effects rather than fitting tiny confusing transliterations on the artwork.
Done.

Walter said:
I'd like to state that Griffith's post DOES represent the opinion of Skullknight.net, since I own it and agree with him.

I find it reprehensible that Chris decided to appear now, only when he was mock-insulted by Griff. Really, great work supporting the readers by ignoring us these past months during the SFX crisis, but magically appearing the ONE TIME someone makes a jab at your position.

While I appreciate your immediate jumping to conclusions and impugning of my motives, let me be real clear on this. I don't usually have time to come over to the boards here unless there's a reason, particularly these days when I'm in the midst of the heaviest book schedule I've ever had, exacerbated by Berserk going bimonthly--something I pushed to Dark Horse because readers were asking for it, proving once and for all that I don't care about or listen to Berserk readers. Last week, when I began getting a flood of emails out of the blue, I thought I probably should drop in here and see what's up. I've never been a day-in/day-out contributor here, so my absence shouldn't be unexpected, nor should any dark agenda be ascribed to it. BTW, one man's mock-insult is another man's insult, particularly when another man is the guy getting insulted. Anybody who's sent more than three emails in their lifetime should know by now that it's pretty difficult in print to gauge intent, and just as often as not, the claim that someone was "really just kidding" is just retroactive cover when getting called out by the person they so bravely insulted in front of their pals, never expecting the person they were ripping to know about it. That said, since this is your site and since you administrate these boards and have made it perfectly clear that you fully subscribe to this "shoot first, ask questions later" approach, I'll stay off your boards permanently.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Chris Warner said:
That said, since this is your site and since you administrate these boards and have made it perfectly clear that you fully subscribe to this "shoot first, ask questions later" approach, I'll stay off your boards permanently.

Awww, don't do that. The opinions of Walter or "SK.net" don't necessarily reflect the opinions of CnC (unless the admins physically change what I write...) :)

While you should probably take personal insults veiled under the cloak of anonymity with a grain of salt, you should not ignore an overwhelming criticism of your work. If there are that many people e-mailing you concerning a grave error in how you're handling the series you should pay attention to it at the very least if not fix it immediately.

Resigning yourself from the discussion is a step backwards, favoring ignorance instead of any voice of disagreement.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I am starting to feel bad now. While I could have been constructing educated posts I chose to make stupid remarks and not help our cause at all. I have one question though, why did Chris choose to make a reply to Walter and Grif and not dignify Aaz's fantastic post? Rather than this back and forth arguing, I would LOVE to be able sit in on a chatroom conversation between Chris, Walter, and Aaz. If that ever happens I would like to reserve a spot now. Aaz, that was a great reply!

Edit: And how could I forget Pippin's post? :schierke:

handsome rakshas said:
I have one question though, why did Chris choose to make a reply to Walter and Grif and not dignify Aaz's fantastic post?

Hey! Don't forget me! :troll: :troll: XD

Chris, come on man... Replying to my crap post before Aazealh's.

Oh well, who needs 'im. :void:

It's a shame things turned out the way they did. Certain situations need to be handled in certain ways. IMO, this situation wasn't handled in the best manner it could've been.

But let's take into account we here at SK.net, LOVE Berserk. I mean Walter loves it so much...he gave us SK. Aaz's posts speak for themselves, I tire halfway through reading them, they are that long. (You all know it's true) But they are so long because he is so thorough. Why...because he LOVES Berserk. CnC, Lith and myself (plus a slew of others) love Berserk so much we color in the manga when we could be doing better, more constructive things with our lives!!!

Don't think I'm sucking up to the admins or certain individuals...I'm not. My point is we here at SK, are damn near and in most cases obsessed. So of course we nitpick about certain things that Joe-Schmo in East Bumblefuck...who has never read Berserk before nor ever logged onto SK.net and isn't as informed as we are...wouldn't care about. (Effects translations and whatever else you can name.) For him he just wants to read the story and find out what the fuck is gonna go down next. He is the casual reader. We are purists. We get emotional.

In some warped and twisted way I can see where Mr. Warner was coming from. But I still don't agree. How can covering so much art with obtrusive lil boxes even look good. Didn't anyone stop him at DH, like a co worker, and say..."Ummm, helloooo?" It was so simple to add a glossary in the back. Boom, problem solved. But you all kno the deal with that.

If anything he should take a cue from people here because I think when we aren't flaming or acting like morons...we are in fact a very well rounded, informed, and active Berserk community...not to mention CLIENTS!!!! :miura:

Hopefully Mr. Warner trolls around and reads this. Mr. Warner! Listen man. No matter which way you slice and dice and try to justify that the Sound FX boxes are good, they aren't. It's not too late to get rid of them. Listen to us. We don't wanna do anything to hurt this series. TRUST US.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Proj2501 said:
If anything he should take a cue from people here because I think when we aren't flaming or acting like morons...we are in fact a very well rounded, informed, and active Berserk community...not to mention CLIENTS!!!! :miura:

Hopefully Mr. Warner trolls around and reads this. Mr. Warner! Listen man. No matter which way you slice and dice and try to justify that the Sound FX boxes are good, they aren't. It's not too late to get rid of them. Listen to us. We don't wanna do anything to hurt this series. TRUST US.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo. There is a way to make things right again.

Griffith

I really do appreciate his position; that he's here at all when he doesn't have to be, and he's a frustrated editor dealing with frustrated fans. But, as someone who would be interested in actually talking about the relevent topics with him honestly, even if we're at an impasse, I can't say I'm happy with his choice of posts to address, mine included (I feel like I'll have better luck calling him names if I actually want him to reply to me). Aazealh, for example, was seemingly ignored for his efforts to be respectful and intelligently address the issue. Instead of this, "he said, she said" back and forth, we could be talking about the issues themselves and maybe understanding each other better (granted, I'm a slow learner).

But, if Chris Warner, as a representative of Dark Horse, isn't even going to take the high road, how are we to respond? I'll respond in kind.

P.S. Isn't it ironic that he kind of fits in here TOO well? =)

Top Bottom