Volume 2,3,5

Week 4 (5/28/09)
Volume 6, 29

Week 5 (6/4/2009)
Volume 4,7,8,9

Week 6 (6/13/2009)
Volume 10, 12

EDIT

WOW Volume 14 has a prototype volume...thingy in it. I never knew how cool!

Week 9 (7/7/2009)
Volume 11,16,17,19,20

UPDATE
Week 15
Volume 13,14,15

Man, it took forever, but I finally closed up my first gap in my collection. I only have one more gap to close and I will just about have them all.

(UPDATE)
Week: ????
Volume 31

UPDATE:
Week: ????.....yep. I have no use for this anymore. :ganishka:
Volume 21

Finally, my source has volumes 21-32, all the ones I need. Even thought I couldn't pick up all of them at once, its nice to know he has them in. I just bought one this week, but soon my collection will be nearly completed. Volume 34 the latest volume in the states?

Amazon UK informed me there is a delay on vol 33

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

Kentarou Miura "Berserk Volume 33"
Estimated arrival date: February 04 2010 - February 24 2010

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Death May Die said:
UPDATE:
Week: ????.....yep I no use for this anymore. :ganishka:
Volume 21

Finally, my source has volumes 21-32, all the ones I need. Even thought I couldn't pick up all of them at once, its nice to know he has them in. I just bought one this week, but soon my collection will be nearly completed. Volume 34 the latest volume in the states?

Congratulations man! Almost there! :serpico:

Grovel said:
Amazon UK informed me there is a delay on vol 33

My comic book store didn't get it in today either. They have gotten a new volume on the first day of release every single time since volume 12. Darkhorse still says the 27th on the front page tho.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Yeah, my trusty comic store didn't get it today either. I wonder what the deal is!

EDIT: Has anyone got their hands on vol 33? If so, how is it?

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I hate to double post, but I figured if a new post showed up in this thread, it might get some more attention.

Has anybody had any luck getting their hands on Dark Horse's Vol 33? If so, please let us know how it is? What's the deal with the delay? :mozgus:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I ordered mine off TFAW and it still hasn't shipped yet. In the past it's shipped the day it comes out (I pre-order mine, so I'm not sure if this works with orders the day of). It's still at pre-order status on DH's website, too, which isn't typical.

I got mine today from my local comic shop. They get their shipments on Wednesdays.

The book is pretty good. Sonia says:
"The reason of the world...
...ends...
...now"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
I got mine today from my local comic shop. They get their shipments on Wednesdays.

The book is pretty good. Sonia says:
"The reason of the world...
...ends...
...now"
That wording seems a little awkward to me. It can imply that the world has lost its purpose. When really it's that the principles or laws governing the world have changed.

They do a good job playing up that phrase alot in the previous episode. For example, In Jarif and Silat's conversation, both men reference "the reasoning of the world of man" or something like that, quite heavily. This give's Sonia's declaration in the next episode a little more context than if that was the first time it had been seen by the reader.

Still, it seems a little awkward to me as well, in comparison to my understanding of that scene from out translations here.

EDITED

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
They do a good job playing up that phrase alot in the previous episode. For example, In Jarif and Silat's conversation, they reference "the reasoning of the world of man" or something like that, quite heavily. This give's Sonia's declaration in the next episode a little more context than if that was the first time it had been seen by the reader.

Who's playing it up exactly? The characters just talk about it, it's not like the translator did a special effort here other than being consistent.

Jaze1618 said:
Still, it seems a little awkward to me as well.

The guy probably wanted to play on the double meaning "reason" can have, but it's not a good idea.

You'd think Dark Horse would have known better after checking our translations.

SamanthaRobertson.jpg

Hah! Oh, for shame, Dark Horse, for shame. Not for coming here - here is wonderful! But for coming here, and then having very... strange... turns of phrase in the translations that really don't add much more sometimes than confusion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I'm amazed folks from DH still look at the site, even if it's just at the translations.

Why wouldn't they? We're the #1 Berserk community out there. Chris Warner decided to stop posting here over what was clearly a tragic misunderstanding that he should have never been involved in, and he's always welcome to return. Besides that, we've always been nice, respectful and as helpful as possible to Dark Horse, strongly encouraging people to buy their products ever since they acquired the license.

We may be critical towards their work (or that of their subcontractors) at times, but that is only a result of our passionate desire for the best possible handling of the series. A desire I'm sure they share in earnest. "Spare the rod and spoil the child," as they say.

Top Bottom