Dark Horse Releases

Oburi

All praise Grail
Jaze1618 said:
Any news on vol 35 yet? Darkhose website says its available for preorder but it also says the publication date was 2 days ago.

Yea something is up with the release date. I had it preordered and usually it would have come in by now, but it hasn't. :azan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Yea something is up with the release date. I had it preordered and usually it would have come in by now, but it hasn't. :azan:
JezzaX said:
Amazon now appear to have it listed as October 11th
We've known about this for a month, guys:

Walter said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1595826955/

Preorder Berserk Volume 35 on Amazon for $9.69 (36% off). Release date is set for October 11.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puppet12ca said:
Vol. 35 now listed as available on Dark Horse's site
Wow, yeah just checked and it's "in stock" over at Amazon as well: http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-35-Graphic-Novels/dp/1595826955

But the release date is still October 11 :ganishka:

Walter said:
Wow, yeah just checked and it's "in stock" over at Amazon as well: http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-35-Graphic-Novels/dp/1595826955

But the release date is still October 11 :ganishka:

the 11th of Oct is the release date listed on Chapters for Vol. 35 for Canada. I don't use Amazon but maybee its meant to be the date the vol is available for all of North America or maybee something fishy is going on and the volume will be delayed I only say this because of what happened last year with Vol. 34 being in really short supply for a while and the bizzare behavior of Dark Horse this year in not posting a correct date and not having a preview ready like a month before the volume's release but all we can do is watch and wait

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puppet12ca said:
the 11th of Oct is the release date listed on Chapters for Vol. 35 for Canada. I don't use Amazon but maybee its meant to be the date the vol is available for all of North America or maybee something fishy is going on and the volume will be delayed I only say this because of what happened last year with Vol. 34 being in really short supply for a while and the bizzare behavior of Dark Horse this year in not posting a correct date and not having a preview ready like a month before the volume's release but all we can do is watch and wait
I think it's probably more likely that the "official" release date was wrong, and they got the volumes early. I doubt they care much about these things, and I doubt they think anyone is actually watching. :carcus:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I received my "your product has shipped" receipt from Dark Horse in my inbox this morning, so Vol. 35 will probably arrive at my apartment sometime next week.

turkitage

ターク
Yay! Got volume 35 today. So excited to start reading it. I haven't read anything from this volume yet. Man, with Berserk today and Dark Souls tomorrow gonna be an awesome week!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Turkitage said:
Yay! Got volume 35 today. So excited to start reading it. I haven't read anything from this volume yet. Man, with Berserk today and Dark Souls tomorrow gonna be an awesome week!
Do they spell Isma "Isma?"

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I got my copy in the mail today and just finished reading it. For some reason, DH translates "sea cucumber" as "sea slug" and "Bearded Skeleton" as "Captain Bonebeard." Other than those two issues, I didn't notice anything that unusual.

The Bearded Skeleton uses stereotypical pirate phrases like, "Me hearties" and "Yo ho ho" a lot...not sure if the way he speaks in Japanese could be considered pirate-like, but DH makes him sound like that's the case.

I also noticed a lot more cussing this time around. Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember "goddamn," "shit," and "son of a bitch" popping up this much in the previous DH volumes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
The Bearded Skeleton uses stereotypical pirate phrases like, "Me hearties" and "Yo ho ho" a lot...not sure if the way he speaks in Japanese could be considered pirate-like
It's not. It's a fabrication of Dark Horse's.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
For some reason, DH translates "sea cucumber" as "sea slug" and "Bearded Skeleton" as "Captain Bonebeard." Other than those two issues, I didn't notice anything that unusual.

Hahaha, and what are we supposed to call the actual sea slugs then? Oh well. They also seem to be missing the point of the boss' name being a reference to his ship's figurehead (literally a bearded skeleton).

Rhombaad said:
The Bearded Skeleton uses stereotypical pirate phrases like, "Me hearties" and "Yo ho ho" a lot...not sure if the way he speaks in Japanese could be considered pirate-like, but DH makes him sound like that's the case.

In Japanese he speaks like a military instructor talking down to young recruits. Not at all like a stereotypical pirate. In fact his way of speech hints at the fact he might have been a soldier or even a military commander at some point in his life.

Just checked my amazon track packages...my shipment for volume 35 has arrived for processing; should be in my mailbox tomorrow.
It's been a long time waiting since the Madness (Madness?) :???: of Fantasia. Can't wait to read this! Too bad I'll have to wait almost another year for 36... :mozgus:

still waiting for this volume up in the great white north. Chapters lists it as available on their site but no stores(in my area anyway) have it yet its bloody infuriating after waiting so long since volume 34

any other Canadians have better luck?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
puppet12ca said:
still waiting for this volume up in the great white north. Chapters lists it as available on their site but no stores(in my area anyway) have it yet its bloody infuriating after waiting so long since volume 34

any other Canadians have better luck?

I got mine the same week it was supposed to come out but then again I'm in a very accessible area when it comes to comics and manga...

finally managed to pick up vol. 35 Falconia seems to resonate with what the citizens of midland already feel for Griffith(Don't sweat the details just worship and admire).
I'm enjoying the parts of the volume(sea god reminds me of the Kraken from that Johnny Depp Movie) but the wait time until volume 36 is out is gonna be crushing oh well such is our fate

also just out of curiosity anybody notice Farnese reffering to Shierke as Mistress instead of Teacher towards the end struck me as a bit odd
oh well

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
puppet12ca said:
also just out of curiosity anybody notice Farnese reffering to Schierke as Mistress instead of Teacher towards the end struck me as a bit odd
oh well
I'm willing to bet $2 worth of money that ever since Farnese became Schierke's pupil, she's consistently referred to her as "oushou-sama" in the original Japanese. Maybe DH couldn't make up their mind on what word to use.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
I'm willing to bet $2 worth of money that ever since Farnese became Schierke's pupil, she's consistently referred to her as "oushou-sama" in the original Japanese.

You're wrong. :slan:

X

Xem

Finally got around to stopping by the local comic book store in my area to pick up a copy of volume 35 and the damn thing was sold out! :ubik:

Needless to say I had them order me a copy. I could have ordered it online myself and probably for cheaper, but I'm a firm believer in supporting local comic book stores in any way possible. I buy almost all my nerd-related stuff from them.

Deci said:
Finally got around to stopping by the local comic book store in my area to pick up a copy of volume 35 and the damn thing was sold out! :ubik:

Needless to say I had them order me a copy. I could have ordered it online myself and probably for cheaper, but I'm a firm believer in supporting local comic book stores in any way possible. I buy almost all my nerd-related stuff from them.

I got mine this week too, along with vol.30 and finally my collection is complete! Yay!! :ubik:

Top Bottom