Death of a President

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/12/filmfest.president.reut/index.html

TORONTO, Ontario (Reuters) -- After you kill off President George W. Bush in a fictional film, what do you do? How about make a deal.

Gabriel Range, the British producer/director/creator of "Death of a President," the fictional documentary that sight unseen became one of the most talked-about movies of the Toronto Film Festival, has sold U.S. distribution rights to Newmarket Films, which handled Mel Gibson's equally provocative movie "The Passion of the Christ."

Newmarket, which reportedly paid $1 million for the film, is expected to give "President" a wide release within the next few months. It will air on Britain's Channel 4 next month.

Range's film opened on Sunday night to a sell-out festival crowd, which sat respectfully through it and applauded briefly at the end. Those who remained after the screening peppered the filmmaker with questions on how he achieved his special effects.

The film is shot as if it were a conventional television documentary, even though the events are fictional.

Anyone looking forward to this movie? I know a lot of people in the Middle East that do. :carcus:

S

smoke

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I know it's going to rub a lot of Republicans the wrong way, but I doubt that's the intent.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Get ready for the out cry from the people from Jesus land!

What crazyness these past 5+ years have been! Will it end?(even after his 2nd term is up?) We sure have gotten ourselves in a pickle!

Top Bottom