Dexter: Miami’s finest

Johnstantine said:
I'll chyme in a tell you what various reasons broke me: Jennfier Carpenter. Inept writers. Jennifer Carpenter.

Oh, and Jennifer Carpenter. I can't stand her. She looks like Pinnochio. Seriously. Look at her. She has the weird nose and manly face that I just can't get past. And I've somehow managed to watch all of the seasons.

Here's what I think will happen next season:
Dexter is going to live. Deb is going to die. Batista is going to find out who killed dumb bitch (Laguerta). Dex will get away. Etc.

Nooooo! She's kinda hot in a quirky twisted way. That aside, almost makes me want to go back and re-watch the series to see how far every character's come to this point, skipping season 3. Marathon before the start of next season.

It'll be interesting to see
Hannah come back and get back at Deb or Dexter some way but knowing how much of a threat she is, Dexter will be on the prowl for her when he finds out of her escape. With a few character deaths already from Miami Metro, I won't be surprised if the bad guy blows up the whole building or something messy like that. Quinn and Angel's sister are going to be an item. Deb-Dex equation = who knows. I think he'll die, she'll live and take care of his kid leaving the force, etc. The son may see Dexter's death and have an open ending where they insinuate that the cycle would continue. But wait, who'll teach the kid about the code? Not Deb. So that wouldn't make sense. Ahhh shitty prediction.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Saw the episode to this final season. More than the episode, that preview at the end gave away more than I wanted to. Oh well , I'll still watch this season and see how it turns out .

Yeah, the preview was like a short version of a trailer giving away almost all suspense like the Vogel angle and such. I liked her side story more than Deb's main plot within the episode. Was cool to see Dex's reaction to what she said, whenever they met.

Shittiest season premier ever. Seriously. Its hard to believe this was once the most awesome show ever. Do you know of any other show thats went from EPIC to VILE this drastically? Btw does anyone know what Lindsay himself think of the show/seasons?

For once I watched the preview, and what did they do? Seriously why would they reveal that much?? The one good thing with this episode was that I couldnt figure out wft that Vogel was up to, and a second later they show practically everything.

And yeah, season five and six were pretty bad, but the third was just a disaster. Seventh I think at least started out nice but progressively turned to shit too. Fourth was nice, one of the best finales ever. First and second are pretty much the best TV show seasons I´ve ever seen, I´ll def get them on BluRay at some point.

Lol, about Carpenter, I agree with IncantatioN, she IS hot in some weird way :iva: I remember her looks kinda annoyed me in the beginning of the show but shes totally grown on me somehow.

Johnstantine said:
Thank god this next season is the final one. They should have taken this baby out to pasture a LONG time ago (fourth season).

Completely agree. That would´ve been the perfect finale to the series.
Hassison in the blood and all..

I guess its too soon to tell but they probably wont surpass that finale with this last one, let alone even being on the same level.

EDIT: RIGHT! Episode 6: Even if its still pretty fuckin far from perfect and quite a bit predictable, it finally got a little entertaining. Im actually looking forward to the next episode.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
This doesn't even feel like a final season . Even season 1 had more going on for this show. Dexter is not even being challenged as much . I would imagine him being injured it something along those lines and Deb in a even shittier state and the police on the hunt for dexter .

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Branded, what show do you think this is, Breaking Bad? :ganishka:
As a side note (spoilers for Breaking Bad): http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/dexter-writers-wrote-breaking-bad/
EDIT: This is when you know Dexter has hit rock bottom, the A.V. Club dedicated large chunks of their Dexter review to Breaking Bad: http://mobile.avclub.com/articles/make-your-own-kind-of-music,101569/?mobile=true

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
This season has certainly been bland. I think they just dragged out the series for too many seasons. I'm surprised Deb hasn't ended up in a nuthouse or killed herself by now. Bringing back Hannah for this season was a huge mistake that is eating up a lot of time that could be used for a more streamlined plot. I mean we find out for certain who the killer is and there are three episodes left. Bleh.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I'm pretty sure, pretty sure, that Hannah is there to fill the audience with false hope. I can see the writer's of Dexter imagining the audience watching the show like this:
Dexter and Hannah are going to go away to Argentina!? Sure thing! I love this show! <3
What the writers aren't aware of is that it's probably more like:
Why is she back? I don't care if they go to Argentina. JUST DO IT ALREADY! I hate this show! </3

Re: Dexter: Miami’s finest

Dexter and Hannah are going to go away to Argentina!? Sure thing! I love this show! <3
:ganishka:

Yeah its pretty bad alright... Why bringing back anything from a previous season at all? That whole concept is pretty much doomed form the start regarding Dexter. In a way its fascinating how they've kept it idling for this long. I guess I was stupid enough to believe they could at least manage a somewhat dignified exit to it all. Then again it went over the line and beyond salvation a long time ago so whatever. What is good is that we wont have to suffer through anymore seasons after this one. YAY! (And I can finally get back to the books without any distraction)

EDIT: I like that review btw.
"Dexter is talking like he’s trying to hold in a fart, its so obvious they belong together" :ganishka:

Dexter and Hannah both die with a lot of blood around them, Harrison sees it, he's left traumatized, he grows up to have bloodlust, Deb teaches Harrison the code. The show's a lost cause at this point.

Deci

I'm looking forward to the big surprise Sgt. Doakes revealing guest star at the end for the super epic final battle. :troll:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I'm glad to see a sign, or two, pointing towards the end of the series.

I'm having a hard time finding any reason to care about this show. 0 fucks being given over that Brit dying.

Yep. Last weekend's episode felt rushed, awkward, choppy but the end creates a sense of urgency/ thrill with just 2 episodes left. They finally caught up to making it feel like the last season of the show. I actually feel like hitting up their first few seasons to understand why I invested the time to carry on.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
Yep. Last weekend's episode felt rushed, awkward, choppy but the end creates a sense of urgency/ thrill with just 2 episodes left. They finally caught up to making it feel like the last season of the show. I actually feel like hitting up their first few seasons to understand why I invested the time to carry on.

Just watch season 2. It's really the only good one.

4 was good, but not quite season 2 quality.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Johnstantine said:
Just watch season 2. It's really the only good one.

4 was good, but not quite season 2 quality.

I keep wanting to defend season 1 as being a good season, but I can't really say I liked that season as a whole. There were certain things I liked about it like the villain and Dexter as an anti-hero, but overall the season was really weak.

What ticked me off in these most recent seasons is this constant flip-flopping about Dexter being either an anti-hero or, what essentially amounts to, a superhero. The show is constantly toying with both concepts, sometimes at the same time, which would be good to just drop and pick something. That said, also the over reliance of the Dexter formula is something this show should have moved away from.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
This episode is really working on that whole "not trying."
"Harry would be proud of you two."
I laughed.

I wonder if Miami Metro's solve rate will go up once Dexter leaves.

Edit:
"this time it's personal." REALLY?!?!? Was it really THAT personal? Dexter just leave already...

Edit:
Deb down! That was embarrassing to watch.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
NightCrawler said:
:ganishka:

I watched a few episodes back in the day, seemed pretty bland. Then i read about the finale today. Wow, so bad.

Bad doesn't even capture how bad this ending is, that ending doesn't make any sense when you consider this entire season.

Re: Dexter: Miami’s finest

Yeah this was horrible even by the Dexter standards we're used to, and thats really saying something.

Deb not only dies but its dragged out over the whole fuckin episode (I hate flashbacks just for emotional urposes) And seriously? Dex kills himself? Oh no wait, he miraculously survived (or did he intend to swim somewhere and make a new pointless life?)

Whats that last close-up stare even supposed to mean??? Lol. It's so obvious they really believe they went incredibly deep here :ganishka:

Watched it last night, just horrible.

Article with the producer explaining the end - http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/dexter-interview-series-finale/

Top Bottom