Dexter: Miami’s finest

Season 2 for me was going nowhere till it got interesting in the end when Dexter decides to go after
one of the guys who killed his mother
. From there on it's uphill.

I thought Season 4 was actually pretty good. John Lithgow did pretty good with his character and Quinn's annoying which means Harrington's doing his job well! I didn't see the end coming and Dexter's reaction was gold. It reminded me of the last scene of Godfather III when Al screams but you don't hear a thing ... that sort of numbness.

Started Season 5 yesterday but haven't gone too far yet.

4 episodes down, what do you guys think? The scene with the
so called four horsemen was pretty graphic - in the sense, to be seen like that on the street for all was kinda cool yet intense. I wonder what the Doomsday killer will do next, something bigger seems inevitable. I read a review of the 1st episode online somewhere before I started watching the series and it mentioned how similar the Doomsday killer is with Dexter. 4 episodes in, I kinda feel there's truth to some of it - they both have sisters, they both have a father figure. Who knows, maybe William Adama's character isn't real and it's Travis imagining him all this while like Dexter imagines his Dad being around when he's in kill-mode. I want to re-watch the end of the 4th episode to see if the tied up girl looks at Professor Gellar at all.

X

Xem

Oh shit,
Mos Def is dead!
It's on now. :beast:

Really though, enjoying this season more consistently than I remember enjoying this show for a long, long time now. That's a plus, also Colin Hanks and his character both are really impressing me - really looking forward to see more of the dynamic between him and Dexter. They seem like they have same.... dorkiness?

Also, Deb seems less annoying somehow, same with Quinn surprisingly (though he should still die). I think Deb should marry Dexter as the series finale. :troll:

I've always had a crush on Deb and the season's been more about her emotional side than anything else. Dexter's made such big mistakes this season, it's not even funny. Loopholes galore, this season was actually weak as a whole. Re-watchable? Naah. The cliffhanger at the end redeemed this season. There's just 2 more seasons until the series ends, so lets hope they get their act together.

IncantatioN said:
I've always had a crush on Deb and the season's been more about her emotional side than anything else. Dexter's made such big mistakes this season, it's not even funny. Loopholes galore, this season was actually weak as a whole. Re-watchable? Naah. The cliffhanger at the end redeemed this season. There's just 2 more seasons until the series ends, so lets hope they get their act together.

2 more season until contract renewal or the end of Dexter forever?

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
When Dexter is good, it knocks it out of the park. But when it sucks (seasons 3, 5, and 6) it really sucks hard (season 3 being the prime example here).

Johnstantine said:
When Dexter is good, it knocks it out of the park. But when it sucks (seasons 3, 5, and 6) it really sucks hard (season 3 being the prime example here).
Is 3 the one with Miguel Prado? That's my favourite.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
perros said:
Is 3 the one with Miguel Prado? That's my favourite.

Yes. That season was beyond weak. Pretty formulaic, as was season five.

Seasons two and four were the only good seasons (two being the best).

Johnstantine said:
Yes. That season was beyond weak. Pretty formulaic, as was season five.

Seasons two and four were the only good seasons (two being the best).

I guess my favourite to least favourite goes like this: 3, 1, 2, 5, 4. I absolutely can't wait for the 6th season to get released on DVD over here. Dexter really is my favourite TV series, next to The Wire. :puck:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Anybody seen the new season 7? I'm waiting for episode 4 tonight.

I thought Deb would react even worse than she did, but with her new feelings for Dexter stilll was weak in my opinion. Dexter being pursued by the brotherhood seems a stretch to me. I like where Lahuerta is doing with that slide though. I hope it's a good season.

It's already turning out to be better than the last season. I'm watching it too, yeah. I think episode 3 was waay better than 1 and 2 because of Louis.

Darkman

Obey the one Law of Tooth & Claw
All I can say about Dexter is I love the show but no season can top the First Season! Thats my opinion!

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I didn't care for season 6. Hanks did a good job, but that was about it. The season was about as weak as 3 and 5, in my opinion. The writing has just got boring and the characters are all some of the dumbest fucking characters I've ever watched.

You'd think that they'd develop into something more, but no, they haven't. Deb is still a cardboard character, as is the rest of the gang. Dexter has shown SOME massive developments (
especially after Rita was murdered
), but nothing to write home about.

So, how's Morgan going to get out of that?! What about the
bullet/ gun residue from her gun on Laguerda (spl?)Plus I think Angel's going to get back in the game, have suspicions on Dexter and that's next season.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
So, how's Morgan going to get out of that?! What about the
bullet/ gun residue from her gun on Laguerda (spl?)Plus I think Angel's going to get back in the game, have suspicions on Dexter and that's next season.

How? I'll tell you how:::
Horrible fucking writing.

I literally face~palmed at that moment. Everything was sort of alright before that moment. There was no real twist and Hannah's
escape was turdy. I liked her parry with Deb.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I'll chyme in a tell you what various reasons broke me: Jennfier Carpenter. Inept writers. Jennifer Carpenter.

Oh, and Jennifer Carpenter. I can't stand her. She looks like Pinnochio. Seriously. Look at her. She has the weird nose and manly face that I just can't get past. And I've somehow managed to watch all of the seasons.

Here's what I think will happen next season:
Dexter is going to live. Deb is going to die. Batista is going to find out who killed dumb bitch (Laguerta). Dex will get away. Etc.

At one point, I could understand why this was one of the best shows on TV. I enjoyed it immensely until the fifth horrible season. At that point they had taken the steam they had with
Rita's death
and did nothing with it. The characters could have developed so much more at that point, but instead they went down shit-road and didn't. I was pissed at that point and knew I couldn't expect anything wonderful out of the series anymore.

Thank god this next season is the final one. They should have taken this baby out to pasture a LONG time ago (fourth season).

Top Bottom