Did Miura made a mistake in this picture ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
There's no mistake in that picture. The reason it appears that the arm is severed is that there is a shadow over the entire lower half of Guts. Note the shadow on his pants is perfectly lined up with his arm.

If you look at the arm on Gaston's chest, it's clearly his left arm (If it were his right arm, his thumb would be facing towards you, not away from you).

His right arm can be seen clearly near his belt.

The bloodstain/gash doesn't go all the way across his arm either.

Miura makes plenty of mistakes (take a look at the Skull knight's nasal cartilage in that same volume, there are a couple parts where it's missing). There's an entire website devoted to pointing out mistakes Miura has made in Berserk (don't remember the address. But this probably isn't one of those mistakes.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
It does look a little strange, but I'm going to have to go with Majin and Wereallmad on this. You can clearly see his other arm to the side and the hand obviously goes with that arm.

P

psymont

im with majin here on the fact that this will be my last attempt at opening all your eyes .... see ya

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
I'm really surprised it isn't obvious to some this is a mistake. :eek:
I looked and looked, zoomed in like 350 times, zoomed out, and looked again..... it's still the same. This is a mistake. Just continue the white/light part of his arm in your mind and you see it doesn't move parallel with the darker underarm. It just doesn't move parallel. But perhaps it's because he broke his arm before and his underarm shrank a little. ::)

And if it isn't a mistake it's one fucked up way to draw an arm. So either way, Miura made a mistake, imo.

T

temporary

Okay, the severed left hand there, or shall we say right hand, we are totally assuming it as the right hand because we believe the hand itself has the thumb protruding, with the fingers hidden in the background, making it look like a right hand, but what if Miura drew it in such an angle so that the thumb is actually hidden and the fingers extended. It's hard for us to tell, but I think that Miura did not make a mistake, and that that arm is actually the left over bone part of Gatsu's left arm.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I never said it couldn't be a mistake, but it's still pretty obvious that either Miura is foreshadowing or he added the arm in. Why does anyone even care?

argon

I love Gatts Fury
I just wanted to tell Majin Tenshi about what I thought when I said that it would be easier to add this gray arm than to add the white half-hidden one :

I do agree that it is not computer-assisted, and for that mangakas are used to using what is called "trames" in french (look here : here)
There are sheet of paper which are gray , and the mangaka draw on it and then cut it and paste it on the original drawing. That's waht they usually use to draw shadow , etc...so I thought Miura may have drawn the arm on a gray "trame" and then paste it in sorder to correct this (maybe ?) mistake.

Seriously, now... Why would Miura suddenly draw Guts without his left arm, people? He's been drawing him with two arms for _years_, and he's not supposed to lose it until well after (from Miura's point of view, in real time).
It's the shadow, that's all. It wouldn't make sense for the arm to be "white" since it touches Gaston who isn't.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Dear Board Members,

It has come to my attention that certain parties are claiming that Guts is or was missing his arm in a panel of Volume 13, Chapter 84, page 89; located in the mid-upper right. These parties are hereby fined 10 posts each. User Psymont, your case is a little bit different; you are being fined 10 posts for each individual time you’ve posted in this thread, and another 10 in interest. User Markaveli63, you are currently under investigation for comments you allegedly made about Casca’s shoes. Since this is a bannable offense, skullknight.net and it’s subsidiaries suggest that you respond to these charges immediately.

Thank you for your time,

-Griffith, Skullknight.net Bulletin Board System Administrator

P

psymont

do what you will with me .... i trust what is abundantly clear to my eyes .... if all of you are blinded by some strict sick amoral code of conduct which forbids you from realizing the truth, then i would prefer to be banned than carry on another minute surrounded by the ignorance you have all displayed here on this thread .... i bid you a good day sir .... now take back your actions, not only on me but on all those you have so tyrannously offended!

my point: imagine please - i draw the first pic where gaston is dead and guts is missing his left arm .... he is leaning on his right arm to support his weight(which can still be seen clearly by his waist behind him on his right side) .... i then decide that it is out of sequence .... so i add a gray arm to cover up this error .... i place it behind the left arm which still has an area where it seems to be bloody .... i try to make it appear that this bloody area is in fact shade leading into the faded gray arm(which appears to be a right arm because of the placement of the hand) .... now it looks like guts has his left arm placed on gaston(to a DAMN FOOL!) ....

1.jpg

guts has a right arm coming out of his stomach in this pic .... look at both of the pics .... which one looks normal? .... honestly ....

now hague, i say it is possible that it was drawn this way if it was out of sequence(then placed in the appropriate section of the book), not that he drew it in error .... i am not saying that it should be white(that would look almost as strange as the way it appears now), but that it was originally drawn without it being there ....

nice post griff, its a subtle blend of sarcasm and incoherent nonsense that few can truely appreciate, and many long to understand

(you sure are using those lines alot lately)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
whats off about that picture psymount? The other side of Guts arm is missing

Griffith, thats not a bad idea. It would cancel out all of Psy's scan begging posts and reduce his post number to the number of quality posts hes made.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
LOL! By the way, is it possible to have -x posts?

Anyway, I still think Miura made a mistake here, and when I'll ever get a chance I'll ask him myself about this picture in the future. :p

Psymont-sama said:
now hague, i say it is possible that it was drawn this way if it was out of sequence(then placed in the appropriate section of the book)
May I remind you that "Berserk" is _serialized_ in Young Animal? Miura drew that episode well before Guts lost his arm.

P

psymont

granted, 40 pages actually .... but why does it look so incredibly odd?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Olivier Hague said:
May I remind you that "Berserk" is _serialized_ in Young Animal? Miura drew that episode well before Guts lost his arm.

Well, there could be numerous other reasons why Miura made such a mistake. However, if the picture looks exactly the same in the old Young Animal magazine I'll have to admit it wasn't a mistake. Or it would have been corrected when they created the volume. But even then, it looks odd/wrong, and it's a fact that I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Psymont-sama said:
granted, 40 pages actually ....
And that's at least four weeks.
but why does it look so incredibly odd?
Because there's "blood" just between the white part and the grey one? And I think the arm may be a bit too long/thin?

Mizar said:
Well, there could be numerous other reasons why Miura made such a mistake.
Like what?
However, if the picture looks exactly the same in the old Young Animal magazine I'll have to admit it wasn't a mistake.
It does.
Or it would have been corrected when they created the volume.
Not necessarily. Cf Casca's feet, in volume 23, page 67, for example.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Olivier Hague said:
Not necessarily. Cf Casca's feet, in volume 23, page 67, for example.
Nonsence, they are dancing and she happened to twirl 180° ::)

P

psymont

is that all you got GRIFFITH! "-235"?!? gimme more .... my hatred for your tyranny is my fuel!

puella

Berserk forever
Ohhhhhhh, both opinions are so cool. :D
really nice arguments! :eek:

IMO, the angle Miura drew Guts' arms, right and left, is really odd but I don't think Miura drew severed arm first and amended it later.

Anyway, I think it's ridiculous to bash someone just because he has different opinion.

Don't you guys ever get fed up with that sort of thing?

P

psymont

Mizar said:
LOL! By the way, is it possible to have -x posts?

yes, but only if one of the adminstators is a fascist pig ....

thanks puella, your like the mother theresa of this board

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
OMG!! He's gonna sacrifice us all!! :eek:

Where the heck's Skully when you need him!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom