Displaying Berserk Art & Merchandise

The shelves, that's around 8 of them for both cabinets, are of glass. It's definitely a good idea to paint the outer decal in black. I have no clue on the kind of paint that could work or how to go about it. I hope those lights work, that's one thing I haven't asked them about haha, damn. My and my dumb impulsive self.

IncantatioN said:
A bit of an update ... I don't have displaying cabinets or shelves, and when I went in to get a haircut I noticed 2 display cabinets they used to have for displaying watches were emptied and put on the side. I stuck a deal with the guy to sell them to me at $100 a pop, and called my mover guy (who I'd used 2 years ago to bring my stuff from Jersey City into Queens) to pick it up and deliver it to my place. He's charging me $150 for the whole move. I'm hoping this gets done tomorrow evening so I can ride back with them and give em access to the apartment. That leaves me with just tonight to make room for em in the apartment, gonna have to figure out where to shift what!

One cabinet's wider than the other, and has lights while the other doesn't. The only problem is the big label smack at the front (on top), which I'll cover up with something when I get the time. I was thinking of putting a big panel of the text BERSERK written in Japanese to cover it up. What do you think? Any ideas/ suggestions? I'm more of an impulsive guy so I don't even know if I struck a good enough deal on this or not!

That's a FANTASTIC deal man. 100 each!?!?! CONGRATS!!! That looks similar to the display case I have!!! Which I love. It's deep and wide and no I'm not talking about what she said, but about my case! And yes, you should totally get a giant nameplate/plaque to cover up that logo!

turkitage

ターク
i second the painting the whole thing black. I think we all agree you got a good deal on that. If you paint it black then you can maybe get someone to write Berserk on the top with red paint. If done correctly then I think that would be nice. So if you are not familiar with doing a prof. paint job then maybe getting someone to do so. I know by then you would have spent more money then the actual cabinets themselves (the moving was expensive) but in the end you still save money and now you got some badass looking cases. Congrats on it.

You for sure have to show us how it looks when it's all setup.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
I hope those lights work, that's one thing I haven't asked them about haha, damn. My and my dumb impulsive self.

Honestly even if they don't work you still ripped that guy off, so in this case your impulsiveness served you well. :ganishka:

Man, I gotta take pictures of the display cabinet, soon soon soon! Out of the 2 cabinets, 1 of them got to me without keys to open the glass door. The baber shop said they gave the mover guys the cabinet with the key, the movers said there was no key, end result = I have a locked display cabinet in my living room. I've got to get someone to come in and help break into it and put a replacement lock or something, lets see.

In the meantime, to make up for my cabinet debacle, I present you the unboxing of 3 statues outta the 4 that I received last week (just opened em up).

Guts: Kingdom Of Falconia

IMG_4783.jpg

Gurunberd Exclusive I

They were offered a re-painted version at the exhibition they had recently, with a slightly blue-ish shade. Regardless of the color, I love the character, and had to pick it up. It just got to me because they just finished the paint on it. Here goes ...

The box is SEXY!

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

Guts: Maken (Exclusive)

IMG_4802.jpg

I was a little exhausted today and wasn't able to unbox a beast of a statue but I'll open it soon :slan:.

Over the past weeks I've noticed a few of my figures/ statues wouldn't fit in my display cabinet. I think I'll take off the lowermost glass shelf so the 1:6 scale or bigger stuff can fit >_>'

*Edited to take off other pictures from different angles, etc. so the thread loads quicker.

^ Nice pics of the unboxed statues and a huge congrats on scoring those very nice cases for cheap. I wish places like Ikea would sell similar cases because I'm not a huge fan of detolfs.

Thanks BloodTalon. I may have to go with a Detolf cabinet in the future, I need to get someone to jailbreak the lock on one of my cabinets >_<' grrrrr.

I unboxed my Zodd & Wyald statue ... which is humongous :isidro:. I'm going to have to figure out where I want to keep it considering it's nice and haunting, just the way I like it! Here goes ...

Comes in a COOL wooden box, definitely adds to the weight though.

IMG_5018.jpg

The wings are massive ... wife and menacingly huge. Here's a bit of a size reference.

IMG_5099.jpg

:farnese:

*Edited to take off other pictures from different angles, etc. so the thread loads quicker.

^ Thanks mate!

Been holding off on unboxing some statues because I was trying to make room in the apartment, and was busy with the record label I co-manage. I received them early/ mid-December and voila ...

I just realized that Spoiler tabs didn't work on the pictures, so I'm sorry for making this thread a painful read :daiba:

Guts Black Swordsman Lost Children

Unfortunately, the hilt of the sword broke in transit and ... well, I'm stuck with something I can't fix or glue back cos it's really really hard to go between the cape and his body, squeeze through and position the hilt in the same angle. My phatPHATphat fingers won't let me :sad:. The other small piece you see is the tip of his cloak which broke off, but I was able to glue that tiny piece back.

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

Without

IMG_5193.jpg

With

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

Guts & Zodd Desperate Attack

The seller did tell me about the sword breaking as he went to pack it. I didn't mind, but when I got the statue I began to sweat as I went to glue those small pieces back on ... I get scared :magni:

*sob*

IMG_5236.jpg

Atta boy, go get him!

IMG_5242.jpg

Green Beherit

IMG_5281.jpg

Guts Plate

IMG_5294.jpg

Zodd Bust

IMG_5309.jpg

Armored Berserk Exclusive II

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

Femto Rebirth

IMG_5372.jpg

PUCKS

IMG_5398.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5438.jpg

IMG_5439.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

Zodd II With Bone-finish SK Bust

I went with the non-blood version because I wanted the bone bust for SK versus the silver one. I wish I could get the bone bust for SK with the bloody version of the statue!

IMG_5459.jpg

I still have the same problem of storing these big boxes in my apartment! In a way I'm glad I live in a small 1 bedroom because it came with 3 closets - 2 are full with boxes only, and the bigger ones that wouldn't go in the cabinet are in my room, which is kinda OK right now but I'll have to figure something out before anyone from back home visits me. On the bright side, I've been oogling and enjoying these new statues all day and am pretty giddy about em.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Awesome pictures. I'm totally jealous of those Puck's you have. So cute.

And the Dragon Slayer! Ouch! Not the Dragon Slayer! :magni: Did you buy that new or off ebay?

turkitage

ターク
nice purchases dude! but what bad luck!!! So sorry about a couple of your items being damaged.

But seriously, you've collected quiet a few berserk pieces in the past few months. How about putting them all in that display case of yours and showing us???

Aphasia said:
Awesome pictures. I'm totally jealous of those Puck's you have. So cute.

And the Dragon Slayer! Ouch! Not the Dragon Slayer! :magni: Did you buy that new or off ebay?
Thanks ^_^. Regarding the Pucks, I totally have to thank the seller for parting with them. Met the seller on Ebay and is completely reliable in addition to being honest. The seller did tell me about the Dragonslayer before shipping it out (it was an accident when the statue was being boxed), asking me if we're still on. I can't remember which ones were displayed by the seller and re-boxed versus which were never displayed/ unboxed.

Turkitage said:
nice purchases dude! but what bad luck!!! So sorry about a couple of your items being damaged.

But seriously, you've collected quiet a few berserk pieces in the past few months. How about putting them all in that display case of yours and showing us???
Thanks dude! My picture taking skills have gone down the drain seeing as some pictures come out mushy/ not as crisp like other members on here. I have just 1 case that I'm using at the moment because the other one is still locked (no key *sob* and I don't get the time to call someone in when I'm home)! Been pressed for time, but I need to get around it now seeing as I have these bigger statues/ PVC's [Zodd Senma, Zodd III, Zodd II, Griffith Purple Mantle, Guts Lost Children, SK kit by Apikkit, Grunbeld, Brooke (One Piece), Kuma (One Piece)] that don't fit because the shelves aren't high enough. So with the other cabinet, I'm thinking of skipping a shelf to give it that extra height. Give me till the end of the week for an update on the display cabinets *coughwithpicturescough* :griffnotevil:

turkitage

ターク
Displaying Berserk Merchandise doesn't stop at my home!!! I also display it at work!!! I've had him display there for over a year now. And yes, I work in a cubical... how sad.. :judo:

Well.. It's just the cheap PVC one. So I wouldn't feel TOO bad if it got stolen or whatever. I would never dream of bringing a real statues there - EVER!

5400687318_00678c8bb1_z.jpg

Looks good Turkitage! I like how the leaves have a sort of flowing effect that goes with his cloak :guts:

Diaz, that's epic man! Did you paint the kit from Apikitt yourself?!

IncantatioN said:
Looks good Turkitage! I like how the leaves have a sort of flowing effect that goes with his cloak :guts:

Diaz, that's epic man! Did you paint the kit from Apikitt yourself?!

I wish I could take the credit but no. :ganishka:

Diaz said:
I have some at work too, but I have my own office so I don't have to worry about anyone messing with them.

Diaz!!! NICE PAINT UPS you got there!!! And wow, you keep the old school 1/10 Guts on Horse at work. That's pretty pimpin' man. :serpico:

DirectDK said:
Diaz!!! NICE PAINT UPS you got there!!! And wow, you keep the old school 1/10 Guts on Horse at work. That's pretty pimpin' man. :serpico:

Thanks Dk, but I do have two of them. The one in the pic is the non-bloody edition, thats why its at work. The Bloody edition one is at home still in the box. Once a get a display for it I'll take it out.

Diaz said:
Thanks Dk, but I do have two of them. The one in the pic is the non-bloody edition, thats why its at work. The Bloody edition one is at home still in the box. Once a get a display for it I'll take it out.

Even more pimpin! My Bloody edition is also still in the box. One day. One day!

Both of you need to display it! Staying in the box is blasphemy :zodd:

Additions over the past few weeks.

IMG_5611.jpg

IMG_5708.jpg

IMG_5806.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG_5880.jpg

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

Tonight (hopefully) my super comes over and helps me with the key guy + getting rid of my couch. Updates soon!

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Awesome stuff IncantatioN! I'm a bit jealous of your Apostle Locus. I've been scouring ebay on and off for a while and he never pops up. It's a shame, he's a really cool statue. Anyone wanting to get rid of theirs, hit me up. :guts:

That femto is pretty classy as well. Do you have pictures of your whole collection?

Thanks! It's all thanks to the guys selling their statues to me, I owe it to them.

Right now I've tried to fit whatever I could temporarily in the cabinet that opens. It looks unplanned when you look at it cos I've kept all the shelves and whatever could fit is in there. After I get the other cabinet opened, I'll separate the figures and statues. I'll skip a shelf so the taller statues fit. In the meantime, I didn't want to leave everything outside, placed next to my 1:1 busts.

IMG00051-20110210-2146.jpg

Statues/ Figures outside (that you won't see in this cabinet because they don't fit *height-wise*) - Guts Exclusive, Mai Shiranui, Zodd II, Zodd III, Zodd Senma, Nosferatu Zodd, Whitebeard, Guts 2010 Exclusive, Griffith Purple Mantle, Kaneda, and Tetsuo.

Top Bottom