Do we have to remain so loyal to Berserk?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Do we have to remain so loyal to Berserk? Nealy anytime I see any opinion I see "but it's still no Berserk" and such. I mean are people afraid that if they put Berserk second that this site's foundation will crumble?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Eddie said:
Do we have to remain so loyal to Berserk? Nealy anytime I see any opinion I see "but it's still no Berserk" and such. I mean are people afraid that if they put Berserk second that this site's foundation will crumble?
No its either a trendy thing to say or they are sincere.

Personally, no. I think some people say that, when they don't mean it, because this is a Berserk fansite and when people start discussing other interests the common ground is pulled like a rug from under their feet and they either a) get attacked by noobs who want to seem more obsessed than thou b) extremely obsessed fans or c) people who think they have no taste outside Berserk. Like you and David Bowie. Saying "It's still no Berserk", or "Berserk is roxors11!" in the case of noob haxors, is a nice way to say "Hey, I like this but don't attack me because we are all here because of our common interest in Berserk. Please don't attack my bad taste in other areas."

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I can't really see where this is coming from. If you mean on the other boards, of course people say this. The whole point of this forum is to discuss Berserk. We have the nursery for everything else.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie said:

This site certainly isn't affected by whatever your opinion is. More precisely, I don't think anybody cares. But since nearly anytime you see an opinion blah blah blah, how about you quote these parts to illustrate your point and show us the necessity of starting a thread about it? Let's say just 10 examples, nothing too big.

Vaxillus said:
I can't really see where this is coming from.

He's just sad because of Wah Wah Wah's reply to his off topic post in the "I want a PSP" thread. He must have felt really offended because someone's opinion is that Berserk is more enjoyable than Queen and David Bowie, including the masterpiece "Under Pressure". While that reply wasn't particularly proper in the context, I think it's overreacting to make a thread about it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You mean this is just some weak crybaby shit and Eddie doesn't actually see "it's still no Berserk" anytime an opinion is expressed!?Now this thread REALLY isn't Berserk!

To be fair though, I believe I heard some Democrats on NPR comparing the Iraq War unfavorably to Berserk.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"Griffith No More!" said:
You mean this is just some weak crybaby shit and Eddie doesn't actually see "it's still no Berserk" anytime an opinion is expressed!?Now this thread REALLY isn't Berserk!

To be fair though, I believe I heard some Democrats on NPR comparing the Iraq War unfavorably to Berserk.
Hmmm... Griffith in the forums... Check!

Aaz in the forum... Check!

Well it seems that it is my DUTY, to post a random picture as to ensure that this topic is on the breaking point... I shall now fullfill my obligation!

DOOM DOOM DOOMDOOM DO DO DOD DO DOOM DOOM DOOOM!
gir2.jpg

Z

ZeroGraveVII

CnC where did you get that great picture?
The Beast looks awesome , realistic...
and berserk is ok, not great, OK!

( Im going to be killed for saying that )

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps people WILLINGLY post at this particular message board? God forbid people who dedicate time and energy to discussing a particular topic would feel loyalty to it...Maybe I'm mistaken, and some wonderful person has Aazealh and Griffith at gun point, forcing them to make relevant posts, while they secretly yearn to be posting threads about whether Cloud loved Aeris and the merits of the PSP.

Or maybe this thread is really fucking stupid.

CnC

Ad Oculos
ZeroGraveVII said:
CnC where did you get that great picture?
The Beast looks awesome , realistic...

I make my own animated gifs...

...now prepare to die, non-believer...

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
ZeroGraveVII said:

I'm starting to wonder why you even came to this board. Then again, You posted Yu-Gi-Oh! as one of your top five favorites, so I guess I'm not surprized. ("By believinng in the 'heart of the cards,' I have drawn the absolutely perfect card for this situation!")
XD

Z

ZeroGraveVII

I just post crap to piss off, people, also one thing. I posted that crap days before, I said I would stop with the meaningless treads. So, don;t fucking judge, me.
Also, I did stop cursing and I did stop calling every single memeber in this site a " Cocksucker" or " Wigger "
come on, I showned some restrain.
So back off...

See I can be nice.

ShinHell9

Rage Incarnate said:
Like you and David Bowie.
eh? I like alot of non-Bowie artists.
Aazealh said:
He's just sad because of Wah Wah Wah's reply to his off topic post in the "I want a PSP" thread. He must have felt really offended because someone's opinion is that Berserk is more enjoyable than Queen and David Bowie, including the masterpiece "Under Pressure". While that reply wasn't particularly proper in the context, I think it's overreacting to make a thread about it.
(Do we have to remain so loyal to Berserk?
« on: June 09, 2005, 09:57:40 PM »)
( Re: I want a PSP!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2005, 10:31:44 PM » )
Under Pressure's not my favorite Bowie song anyway.

I don't hate on the anti-Bowie kids, not many people like him, I get why.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie said:
(Do we have to remain so loyal to Berserk?
« on: June 09, 2005, 09:57:40 PM »)
( Re: I want a PSP!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2005, 10:31:44 PM » )

Good point, although this thread is even more pointless then.

ShinHell9

Aazealh said:
Good point, although this thread is even more pointless then.
Don't worry, you guys still have a chance to make fun of me ~_^

Or would you rather lock/delete this thread?

P.S. I didn't make this to make a pointless thread, I just made it to Shoot teh Breeze a bit.

Z

ZeroGraveVII

I'm an "Attention Whore!"
Listen SK, I'm just giving my opinions, I never thought that expressing thoughts of an individual, such as myself would cause so much commotion.
Tell me, SK, what do you expect me to do now?
Write a letter of apology to every single member in this site?
Shit, I'm being nice for some time, now.
I have not argue with anyone, I can't even express myself without someone bitching. Answer me, something SK.
It's OK for others to slander me but it's not OK for me to answer back?
So, from now do I have to sit back and read the shit several members talk about me?
Except you, Eddie, you are cool and you too rage....that's right, you are cool.

Eddie said:
People might hate me for this but i dont care.
Personally, I think Death Note, Bleach, and Blade of the Immortal are better books then Berserk.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I can't say as I've really seen other manga (or other art forms in general) compared unfavorably against Berserk on this BBS. Typically, when something is criticized unfavorably here, it is measured on its own merits, with the possible exception of the Berserk Rip-Off Manga Puella alerted us all to awhile back. That was compared unfavorably to Berserk because the style was so similar to Berserk's.

On the other hand, some people will occaisionally flame n00bs for a lack of Berserk knowledge(right or wrong, it still occurs). I've wondered something lately: Would it be possible to alter the registration process in some way so that a cookie from the Encyclopedia page would be necessary to enter the Community page, thus ensuring anyone trying to take an active role on the boards would have no excuse for a lack of knowledge concerning Berserk, reduce unnecessary posts, and engender a better sense of community?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
No offense Eddie, but that's a stupid question to ask in a Berserk-fan community. But it's not a question of remaining loyal or not, some people grow out of it, some people don't. Common sense my friend.

It doesn't look like as much of a question as a statement. Seeing the reaction from different people is quite interesting, especially with the difference in age, knowlege of Berserk, how long they have been on the forum, etc.

Interesting indeed...

- C

Top Bottom