Do you guys think Irvine might switch sides?

I kinda have a feeling that Irvine might join or rather help band of the hawk. First, Irvine already is slowly losing respect for griffith and we can see this in the last chapter where locus had to make him kneel for respect. And also Irvine was always very secluded from the gang unlike rakshas who‘s power depends on secludedness Irvine decides to be alone from the gang and he always feels like he doesn’t trust anyone. I feel like he has some plans in work with zodd (completly fan fic no proofed theory) to help casca that will cross with charlotte or something. Either way I just hope irvine is used properly by studio gaga, he has so much potential and I hope he gets a back story. Even just a small one I’ll be happy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to say so, but I don't think this idea really holds much water—at least not for any of the reasons you've listed here.

I kinda have a feeling that Irvine might join or rather help band of the hawk. First, Irvine already is slowly losing respect for griffith and we can see this in the last chapter where locus had to make him kneel for respect.
That isn't what happens in that scene, though. Locus acknowledges that Irvine has arrived by saying his name. Then Irvine kneels along with the others. If you strike that misunderstanding, then I don't know what you mean by Irvine losing respect for Griffith. Any other examples come to mind...?

And also Irvine was always very secluded from the gang unlike rakshas who‘s power depends on secludedness Irvine decides to be alone from the gang and he always feels like he doesn’t trust anyone.
Zodd's a loner too, but that's not really a point in your favor. Irvine himself even says that he feels calmer when he's alone, and he's a hunter so that makes sense. It doesn't indicate that he's plotting a betrayal.

I feel like he has some plans in work with zodd (completly fan fic no proofed theory) to help casca that will cross with charlotte or something.
I think you're reading a bit into Zodd's little ellipsis. And why would Zodd and Irvine betray their master for Casca of all people...? Not sure this reasoning makes much sense.

Either way I just hope irvine is used properly by studio gaga, he has so much potential and I hope he gets a back story. Even just a small one I’ll be happy.

When you say he has potential, I think that's certainly true insofar as he's basically a blank slate cool dude with a cool hat. But I don't think there's much that's like suspicious or especially intriguing about him personally.

And not that I think it's likely, but as long as we're in full speculation mode, then I think a better catalyst for Irvine going rogue would be Sonia. Irvine and Sonia have been shown together a few times. And while it's not meaty enough of a relationship to base a betrayal over, he seems fascinated by her. So, I could envision a scenario where Sonia learns the truth about Griffith through Casca's feelings/memories, then tries something drastic. But Irvine intervenes to save her and ultimately helps her escape Falconia.

I've seen a lot of people saying that Irvine didn't want to kneel or was disobeying Griffith, and that Locus was telling him to kneel. If you read the Episode carefully Irvine is coming back from potentially aiding in the recapture of Casca or just observing it, so he's walking into the room and he's greeted by Locus saying "Irvine..." That's literally it, Locus is looking up at Irvine and waiting for Irvine to report, he's not scolding him or making him kneel. But yes I too believe that Irvine could potentially aid Guts in some way, but it'll have to involve Sonia, I think if Sonia becomes a ally she could get Irvine to help her, but that's a very distant possibility, and I'm not sure about it anymore.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I see no reason to believe Irvine would betray his master. He has shown no signs of rebellion or displeasure.

all of these guys sacrificed other people in order to become apostles. It’s not like Griffith kidnapping casca is too much for them to handle. And of course being what they are, they already knew the kind of person Griffith was when they joined his forces: someone who sacrificed others and condemned them to hell in order to become femto. Why would they not care about that but then betray him when he kidnaps a woman?

Top Bottom