Dollars Trilogy

Just watched the first two movies in Sergio Leone's Dollars trilogy for the first time, even after seeing the Good, Bad and the Ugly at least thrice. It's filled me with an unquenchable thirst for westerns. Would highly recommend the first two if you haven't seen them already or haven't bought into the spirit of the spaghetti western yet, and would also appreciate recommendations of y'alls favorite westerns.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well if you liked these from Sergio Leone you can check out Once Upon a Time in the West.
There's also My Name Is Nobody and They Call Me Trinity, Terrence Hill's two most popular movies.
And I guess the original Django is worth watching as well.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I hated spaghetti westerns for pretty musc no reason for my entire childhood and adolescence. I just thought it sounded unappealing and boring, always being more prone to SciFi and Fantasy. Flash forward to when I was in college. I stumbled upon the "Per Qualche Dollaro in Più" title theme (which I was tangentially aware of, but never really listened to) by Ennio Morricone and instantly fell in love. Went into a deep dive of all of Morricone's music to the trilogy and couldn't believe I had been depriving myself of these movies based on the music alone. So I bought the trilogy and watched one a week by myself because all of my friends were also under the impression these movies were boring. Needless to say I was absolutely blown away by the whole experience, and the trilogy as a whole ranks pretty high on my list of favorite films.

Still haven't gotten around to watching Once Upon a Time in the West though :farnese:

I'd also say Eastwood's Unforgiven is a must watch for anyone interested in Western films. One of my favorite films in general, not just Westerns.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
A Fistful of Dollars it's too identical to Yojmbo for me [I know is an (unwanted) omage, but still], the other two are gold.
Add, yes, Once Upon a Time in the West, My Name Is Nobody, and They Call Me Trinity are good too.
And Duck, You Sucker! [not the best English translation, for this title]

Last edited:
Top Bottom