in the trailer. I didn't choose this option but what if you had him
executed?
I just chose to
exile
him. Does the trailer go on the premises that
he becomes king
or just that
he joins you again?

Possibly, or it might adapt to the choices you made and the trailer just went with the "default" profile.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I have to admit, I'm very disappointed that this DLC was basically canceled and am also not a fan of the upcoming expansion's price. That said, I enjoyed DA:O enough that Bioware pretty much has me by the balls. I'll be getting any new offerings as soon as they are released and at whatever price they specify.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Looks like I'll be getting a little extra money as a graduation this year.

Could you chaps point me in the direction of the DIY PC building sites? Want a screamer for around $900 (not including monitor... that can come later).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Could you chaps point me in the direction of the DIY PC building sites? Want a screamer for around $900 (not including monitor... that can come later).
Newegg.com is your best friend.

Here;s a thread we have on SKnet about computer hardware discussion: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=10578.0 Ask questions here if you need some guidance.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
I have to admit, I'm very disappointed that this DLC was basically canceled

It came out on the Xbox Live yesterday. Haven't heard anything about the PC version.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
They seem to be having a few issues with the new release: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dragon-Age-Return-From-Ostagar-DLC-Pulled-From-Xbox-Live-22243.html

Glad to see they didn't decide to stuff it into the expansion though!

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Haha; you beat me to posting that Shane. I have to say those mods look simply fantastic. Who knew that giving Morrigan a good slapping could be so fulfilling. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Awakening can now be preordered on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/901275/

It's $40. :sad:

And 30€. Might seem normal to you guys, but it's always a pleasant surprise when price conversions aren't 4000 ¥ = $40 = 40€.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
No, it just means the United States' influence and dollar is getting sucked into the vortex. :judo:

There's a misunderstanding here. The Euro's domination is not recent, nor is it a problem. However editors of video games have the bad tendency of always charging as much as they can for their products. That means prices like 4000 ¥ used to translate to $40 even when the exchange rate put it at $32. Same for the US dollar to Euro conversion. What you're deploring is that 4000 ¥ now equals $44.

Game Informer gave Awakenings a 7.75/10.

"It feels like a direct-to-video sequel, shuffling the core components of the Dragon Age world to create a new story in a familar skin."

Eluvei said:
Game Informer gave Awakenings a 7.75/10.

"It feels like a direct-to-video sequel, shuffling the core components of the Dragon Age world to create a new story in a familar skin."

Sounds great to me - a new story is what I /want/. And I'm not sure what they mean by familiar skin - do they want all the graphics changed or something? I quite like them as they are.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Bekul said:
Sounds great to me - a new story is what I /want/. And I'm not sure what they mean by familiar skin - do they want all the graphics changed or something? I quite like them as they are.

Yeah the biggest draw for me is the new story and new enemies. I don't see what they are really complaining about.

Hey guys, make an account here: http://www.alienwarearena.com/event/dragon-age-giveaway/ then get a promo code and redeem it on your BioWare account and you get a regular-looking badass unique shield for both Origins and Awakenings! Yay!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Hey guys, make an account here: http://www.alienwarearena.com/event/dragon-age-giveaway/ then get a promo code and redeem it on your BioWare account and you get a regular-looking badass unique shield for both Origins and Awakenings! Yay!

Thanks, but...

Dragon Age Exclusive Item Giveaway
Sorry, this promotion is not open to your region.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, Darkspawn Chronicles sounds surprisingly excellent. Looks like your prayers were heard Wally!

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/54662/Dragon-Age-Origins-Darkspawn-Chronicles-Premium-DLC-Officially-Announced said:
For $4.99/€4.99/£3.99 you can play as one of the Darkspawn Horde in BioWare's forthcoming Dragon Age: Origins addon:

For the first time ever, fight as the darkspawn in BioWare’s Dragon Age: Origins. In the new downloadable content pack, Dragon Age: Origins Darkspawn Chronicles, players have the chance to experience life on the dark side, playing as the corrupted army of the Blight, are enslaved to the will of the Archdemon. In Europe, Darkspawn Chronicles will be available for the Xbox 360 videogame system for 400 Microsoft points and PC for 400 BioWare points on May 18th and on PlayStation Network for £3.99/€4.99 with its launch date to be announced later.

The Darkspawn Chronicles offers players a look at an alternate history in the Dragon Age universe. Darkspawn Chronicles begins as your character dies during the Joining ceremony, and the Grey Wardens now march under Alistair's command. As a hurlock vanguard, you alone hold the power to make thralls of their fellow darkspawn and drive them into the heat of battle as Denerim burns! This adventure gives you command of genlocks, hurlocks, shrieks, and even the mighty ogres.

Key Features Include:

# Imagine a world without heroes, where the greatest among you never became a Grey Warden.
# Play through the Fall of Denerim from the perspective of the darkspawn.
# Complete the module and unlock an epic darkspawn item for use in Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening.
# Use the “Enthrall” ability – recruit any darkspawn you encounter into your party.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds awesome, I just wonder how long the game is? Will you just play key scenes or the entire campaign as a Darkspawn?

Guys I'm curious, have any of you bought Awakenings? If you have, is it a good campaign? I didn't buy it because I thought the price was too high for an expansion, and it still is, but I want to be prepared in case it goes into a random sale again on Steam, so I need opinions! I want to take my elf on new fantastic adventures.

Also, another paid DLC has been announced and I didn't even notice:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/ said:
Leliana's Song

Assume the role of Leliana, a young bard involved in a criminal ring that deals in political secrets. Accompanying her mentor Marjolaine on a high-risk mission, Leliana soon finds herself entangled in a game of intrigue that she cannot escape with just her beauty, charm, or stealth. The only way out of this game is to kill or be killed.

Features:

* Explore Leliana's dangerous past and why she joined the Chantry
* Fully voiced cinematic experience brings the characters to life
* Unlock a unique reward that transfers into your Awakening and Origins campaign

It's 7 bucks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Guys I'm curious, have any of you bought Awakenings?

Not me. I had a good time playing through Dragon Age: Origins, but I don't feel compelled to go back to the game.

Top Bottom