Dragon Age: Origins

I played the Dragon Age 2 demo today and couldn't bear to finish it. It looks ugly, the combat is boring and clumsy (kinda like Drakengard, but worse), the dialogue seems to have been written by a child and all the enemies look and act like those classic Power Ranger monsters that like to gang up on the rangers.
puttypatrollers.jpg

The female characters look a little better than in the first game. That's the only improvement I noticed.

Eluvei said:
all the enemies look and act like those classic Power Ranger monsters that like to gang up on the rangers.
puttypatrollers.jpg

The female characters look a little better than in the first game. That's the only improvement I noticed.

Heh yeah, I can see that now you've pointed it out

Best thing I liked about it was that if you picked a good line of dialogue then the character continued with the same tone of voice, that was a neat little touch

Oh yeah and is it just me or does Aveline remind you of a crap version of Jaheira?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Played the demo tonight on steam... Just fuckin terrible. Not even worth reviewing to point out all the missteps and flaws in design. It's just a turd. Steer clear.

In case you guys are wondering, me and Walter were just kidding. The demo is incredible. Here's a screenshot that sums up the experience:

IzE8i.jpg

Heh hook line and sinker guys :ganishka:

Although I didn't like how they've half implemented the attack system, because I was able to control how and when to attack I wanted to control how to block too

It's like:

HAWK -> XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX<-DARKSPAWN

HAWK WINS

The demo was a good way to try out each class though, I'm defintely going to be a Mage... or an Archer Rogue

What class is everyone else considering? :guts:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Well, I dragged this long enough. JUST started playing Dragon Origins on XBOX 360... And yes, I do remember everyone telling me the PC version is far a better experience. However, I don't have a gaming PC... or not even a good graphics card at that. The game caught my interest right away, however... All the cutscenes started to have a 45 sec. to a minute sound lag. Big no-no. So now I don't even know if I should keep playing it, or take my chances in buying this for PC... not knowing if one or the other would be better for me. Suggestions?

Top Bottom