Duranki - New series for the studio of Kentarō Miura

Not really a fan of this the more I see of it. It has its purpose, but it's definitely not a series for me.

I greatly dislike the main character; too perfect, too bland, too well liked, too skilled, etc. As if we don't see enough of that in current year fiction.

I love this series, I really hope Miura-sensei or someone else will continue This legacy. It got so much potential you know.

Last edited:

Crocodile

Desert Croc
That assistant on Twitter did a one-shot for Jump recently so I guess they've left studio Gaga?
I wonder if any other assistants have left.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That assistant on Twitter did a one-shot for Jump recently so I guess they've left studio Gaga?

I think you're confused. He retweeted someone else who had a one-shot published on January 31st. It doesn't look like he has left Studio Gaga.

I wonder if any other assistants have left.

Assistants come and go. That being said, all those credited in volume 40 of Berserk were already working with Miura on volume 30 (published over 15 years ago).

I greatly dislike the main character; too perfect, too bland, too well liked, too skilled, etc. As if we don't see enough of that in current year fiction.
Well, as the character in question is not human, I don't find it out of place and bothering. To me the general tone was very refreshing.

I just finished to read all of the episodes and loved it, more than I thought I would. Miura demonstrated again his storyteller and world creation skills and the more I read the more I was curious about the long-term vision he had for this tale... Unfortunately, we'll never know. As if I was not enough pained by Miura's demise this year..
I guess the series publication rhythm suffered from Covid crisis situation as unlike Berserk where Miura does almost everything by himself, Duranki was to be more of a collective work.

Top Bottom