E3 2010

Bekul said:
You mean, like, new games in basically every single franchise they have, as well as a over 20 developers with already announced titles for the 3DS?

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue with here.
What it comes down too is there honestly isn't anything special with the games they already have. Side scrolling games with the Wii sensor just doesn't make sense to me. But now we can play our DS in 3D! If that's your thing then fine, but I'm not.

As for 'non-gamers' - how does playing games on a game system make someone a non-gamer?
Bad choice of words, but I'm talking about people that play wii sports or wii party exclusively.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
But now we can play our DS in 3D! If that's your thing then fine, but I'm not.
Did you miss that it's a completely new piece of hardware, not just another model of DS like the DSi or DSi XL?

Sony's show is kicking off here: http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/sony

The only things I'm looking forward to are Gran Turismo 5 and Last Guardian.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Nope, I don't know where I said it was a brand new DS.
Well, the 3DS is a new piece of hardware. Not just a 3D strap on to the existing DS, which is what you implied with "now we can play our DS in 3D."

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Anyways, now Sony is going 3D. Amaaaaaaaaazing. :azan:
We've known that for weeks. Some MS games have been shown in 3D as well, including Gears of War 3.
 
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Nope, I don't know where I said it was a brand new DS.
Er... I get that you're offended by 3d, but other than that, you're getting more and more incoherent. I'm not actually sure what you're trying to say. You're not making any sense, man. :???:

Myself, I'm finding the Sony announcements to be about on part with Microsoft's. Nintendo honestly surprised and impressed the hell out of me, and I totally wasn't expecting that. Plus, I'm highly intrigued by the 3DS's ability to take photographs in 3d.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Donkey Kong Country is gonna kick ass! Not impressed by the new Zelda so far.
Same here. I'm sure Zelda will be neat, but their demo was sloppy. Probably should have kept to the trailer. And beyond that, the series seems to have lost some of its magic. Maybe it was too early in the development, or maybe it's the lack of ambition but what they showed didn't get me excited.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I may be a downer right now, but at this point Nintendo is just trying to win the console wars by coming up with the newest gimmicks.
Sounds more like you don't know what you're talking about, or at least haven't thought it through. 3D for games isn't like 3D for movies, and to have it natively, hassle free on a handheld device is a pretty cool feature that has good potential. If you want gimmicky look at the Kinect line up.

Walter said:
The Metroid trailer got the most hype out of me for the show. Just playing that music was enough.
Yeah, it's what I was waiting for and it didn't disappoint. Can't wait to get my hands on this. Looking forward to Kirby and Donkey Kong Country as well. As for the 3DS, I'm getting it on day 1. :guts:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
What it comes down too is there honestly isn't anything special with the games they already have. Side scrolling games with the Wii sensor just doesn't make sense to me. But now we can play our DS in 3D! If that's your thing then fine, but I'm not.
Bad choice of words, but I'm talking about people that play wii sports or wii party exclusively.
Dude you're embarrassing yourself. Whatever it is you're trying to say it's just not coming across the right way.

Bekul said:
Myself, I'm finding the Sony announcements to be about on part with Microsoft's.
God it's worse. At least MS' conference was entertaining, if silly. This is just BORING. Wow. And they're introducing a paying online service, after years of bashing the Xbox Live. Great move.

EDIT:

Dar Klink said:
Zelda Ocarina of Time & Star Fox 64. Well, now they're sure to sell boatloads of it. :ganishka:
 

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Aazealh said:
God it's worse. At least MS' conference was entertaining, if silly. This is just BORING. Wow. And they're introducing a paying online service, after years of bashing the Xbox Live. Great move.
Just waiting for Last Guardian gameplay trailer... just waiting. :judo:
 

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Dar Klink said:
I suddenly want one.
Aazealh said:
Same here. I'm sure Zelda will be neat, but their demo was sloppy. Probably should have kept to the trailer. And beyond that, the series seems to have lost some of its magic. Maybe it was too early in the development, or maybe it's the lack of ambition but what they showed didn't get me excited.
I also felt the same way, and not feeling the magic in Zelda is a very sad thing indeed. I hope it becomes phenomenal and we get some new trailers before release that show off its full potential.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Just waiting for Last Guardian gameplay trailer... just waiting. :judo:
To be fair the Dead Space 2 footage was great. Really looking forward to that. Announcing an exclusive Collector's Edition with Dead Space Extraction featuring Move support elicited a snort though.
 

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Aphasia said:
I suddenly want one.I also felt the same way, and not feeling the magic in Zelda is a very sad thing indeed. I hope it becomes phenomenal and we get some new trailers before release that show off its full potential.
yeah, the trailer seemed kinda meh, compared to the awesomeness that was the Twilight Princess trailer,

riding horse back at sunset = awesome!
killing a bunch of random enemies with out epic atmosphere = meh (but i will still buy it! :serpico:)

also a new twisted metal :)
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Truder said:
also a new twisted metal :)
The car with the clown on stage was a nice touch. :guts: Gameplay looks nice too. And GT5 has a release date! November 2 in North and Latin America. No The Last Guardian footage though...
 

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Truder said:
yeah, the trailer seemed kinda meh, compared to the awesomeness that was the Twilight Princess trailer,

riding horse back at sunset = awesome!
killing a bunch of random enemies with out epic atmosphere = meh (but i will still buy it! :serpico:)

also a new twisted metal :)
I'm with you on this. The TP trailer made everyone in the audience turn into apes for a short duration. Fecal matter was thrown in excitement.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Aphasia said:
I'm with you on this. The TP trailer made everyone in the audience turn into apes for a short duration. Fecal matter was thrown in excitement.
Well while the demo sucked, the game itself looks like it's solid enough:

http://kotaku.com/5564197/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-video-preview-starring-me said:
I just played The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, the 2011 Wii MotionPlus game for 10 minutes, until the E3 demo here in Los Angeles timed out on me. Just when I was slicing up a giant scorpion boss! But...

Then I shot a two-minute video to show you the game in action. Good stuff. Sword controls were superb, and closer to 1:1 than I expected (note the little leans of the sword when I tilt my hand). Bowling bombs feels right.

I'm a little worried that I had no camera control and I didn't like having the map option made inaccessible whenever I had an item in hand.

Otherwise, pretty good. The whip is fun to use and overall you are using the angles of your gestures to fight more effectively. That requires a little more dexterity than I'm used to in a Zelda game, but not in an annoyingly complex way. I felt capable and powerful as Link, not confused.

As you can see the graphics are okay, but not overwhelmingly impressive. This style of quasi-realism does not look great on the aging Wii hardware.

So no complaints on controls, an almost-perfect button layout and a "decent" for graphics. I enjoyed romping through the game's demo and had the most fun at a boss. This game's probably going to be good. No surprise, it's a Zelda.

(Oh, let me tell you about that Scorpion boss: It had two big claws that had, at the inside of their claw joints, weak points. The claws would slowly open. I would lock on with a press of the Nunchuk's Z button. And then I would swing the sword at the angle that would swing my word through the opened claw. Sometimes that meant I needed to do a horizontal strike, other times a diagonal or vertical. That's the kind of light-strategy/dexterity needed for combat in this new Zelda. It's just enough to make it feel more physically interesting than a standard Zelda. I approve.)
Solid, but not mind-blowing. Since it's still got a fair amount of dev time ahead of it before release, one can hope things will only get better from here!

Anyway, there are a lot of pictures of 3DS games going around right now. Adding to the list Walter posted earlier:

PilotWings Resort
Animal Crossing 3DS
The Sims 3
Chocobo Racing 3DS
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Anyway, there are a lot of pictures of 3DS games going around right now. Adding to the list Walter posted earlier:

PilotWings Resort
Animal Crossing 3DS
The Sims 3
Chocobo Racing 3DS
Add to that two big ones: Mario Kart and Paper Mario (source: http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/). And they look like entirely new products, not merely ports. I still don't believe the Ocarina of Time port, myself.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Finally some Marvel vs. Capcom 3 awesomeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj1_By1c39A
Hmm, Chris looks pretty dull compared to Jill from MvC2... I wanted to see some boulder-punching. :judo:

Walter said:
Add to that two big ones: Mario Kart and Paper Mario (source: http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/). And they look like entirely new products, not merely ports. I still don't believe the Ocarina of Time port, myself.
I think you should probably believe it, since Star Fox 64 was also confirmed.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A full list of confirmed titles here: http://kotaku.com/5564483/nintendo-3ds-every-announced-game-right-here

The list is HUGE.
 

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Walter said:
A full list of confirmed titles here: http://kotaku.com/5564483/nintendo-3ds-every-announced-game-right-here

The list is HUGE.
Looks like the leak was real then! I'm pretty excited about the 3DS already. :slan:
 
Walter said:
I still don't believe the Ocarina of Time port, myself.
NintendoAmerica said:
Zelda fans, one more thing... We're proud to introduce The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D!
http://twitter.com/nintendoamerica

I think this will be known as "The Nintendo E3" from now on.
 

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Just went "watched" the live blog of the Nintendo Developer Round Table, where some of the concept art for Skyward Sword was revealed last year, I guess the highlight of it was a "We're working on it" about Pikmin 3.
 

Oburi

All praise Grail
Twisted Metal looks so cool. Its like a link to my childhood anyway but it genuinely looks awesome.

Now I have to get a ps3
 
Top Bottom