E3 2010

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Just watched the E3 Deus ex trailer, because someone mentioned it and I hadn't seen it...

Wow, incredible. This is the kind of stuff that makes me feel like a kid getting his first video game.
Yeah, I love the trailer. After I saw it, I reinstalled the game. Here it is for those who haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FRWYRqaGFE

Truder said:
I want me some Zelda and Pikmin 3 action! :guts:
Yep, I'd say both of those titles are likely to be shown. Nintendo is set up to have one hell of a show.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Wow, I didn't watch that, but I can't imagine not going crazy for a free console.

If you were a journalist who's entitled to free games and free consoles all the time, getting a new model of the Xbox 360 probably wouldn't excite you all that much either.

Eluvei said:
But yeah, I was at least expecting a very small teaser from BioWare, like the one we got for ME2.

Well it's a bit early to be honest. I don't remember Bioware showing any ME2 footage at E3 2008 either.

Nomad said:
I just really hope the PS3's main showcase won't be either the Ps3 Move nor 3D gaming. I much rather have a decent lineup of games.

Brace yourself for disappointment. I'm sure they'll have some cool games to show (The Last Guardian, the end of the Dead Space 2 trailer (hope they didn't pay too much for that), GT5?) but I think the gist of the show will be the Move and 3D games.

Aphasia said:
Just watched the E3 Deus ex trailer, because someone mentioned it and I hadn't seen it...

Wow, incredible. This is the kind of stuff that makes me feel like a kid getting his first video game.

Indeed. It better deliver.

Anyway, I forgot to mention Bulletstorm earier, but the footage so far hasn't won me. It just seems... I don't know, vulgar? In bad taste maybe. Yet not very impressive.

And I didn't follow Ubisoft's conference, but a laser tag game? Really? Didn't see footage of the Michael Jackson game but it could be nice I guess. And Child of Eden from Rez' creator might make good use of Kinect and the Move. As for the Chahi's game (of "Another World" fame), I don't know what to think yet. The trailer makes it look a bit like Populous. The didn't seem very interesting (Driver? *yawn*). Did I miss anything? Iread there's a new Rayman game but truth be told I never played a game in the series.

Lastly, I'm not quite sure what to think of this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdohjd_wii-goldeneye_videogames

Certainly not worth full retail price IMHO.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Marik said:
Well, here the Wii meets its graphical limits. I think that the GoldenEye brand would deserve a better treatment. Moreover I not sure that activision will make a better work than rare..we'll see.
I honestly liked Perfect Dark a lot more than Golden Eye. Too bad it didn't get that much attention because it came out at the end of the N64's life :sad:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Truder said:
I honestly liked Perfect Dark a lot more than Golden Eye. Too bad it didn't get that much attention because it came out at the end of the N64's life :sad:

Yeah, even PD was a pretty nice game. The problem IMO had always lied in the N64 itself. Just 15 to 30 MB(except the porting of RE2) of cartridge could not truly manage a game for the time's standard.

Alright, this is what I'm here to see today, Nintendo's E3 performance - starting in about a half hour after this post, live feeds at

http://kotaku.com/5563912/nintendos-2010-e3-press-conference-live

also

http://e3.nintendo.com/

After the the embarrassing disappointment of Microsoft's showing, I'm really looking forward to this.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I didn't bother watching the Microsoft show, from what it sounds like I didn't miss out on much. The Kinetic looks like it's worthless. What market are they trying to sell to anyways? Anyone that wanted that motion sensor stuff already bought it for the Wii, the only market is the very small number of holdouts that are going to buy this just for "Xboxfit". Maybe someone can pump out a sports game where you get to use it, but besides that I don't find it at all impressive. Also fuck voice recognition.

The EA show was alright, but they could have down better. They presented Medal of Honor entirely wrong and I couldn't take it serious watching all those nerds getting marched out on stage playing the game for five to six minutes then being marched off stage, focus on one thing. Dead Space 2 looked great, and I think the new KOTOR game seems "interesting", but I'd rather they show gameplay instead of a trailer. I wasn't expecting so much a new video or image for ME3 or Dragon Age 2, but at least a mention about them would have been nice. Oh well lets keep beating the dead horse that is Star Wars. :schierke:

Aazealh said:
Lastly, I'm not quite sure what to think of this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdohjd_wii-goldeneye_videogames
Certainly not worth full retail price IMHO.
Why would I bother with 4 person split screen when I could play online? I wouldn't spend more then $20.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDvHlwNvXaM
Seriously? None of those things are going to work. Emotion? How about program that kid for the disappointment of no one really being in the mode to be all happy and talkative?
Or how about this?
"Did you do your homework"?
"No".
"DO YOUR FUCKING HOMEWORK".
"I HATE YOU BOB. *runs away weeping*"

I play games because I want to role into town and wipe out the bad guys, not to play "Pedophile The Videogame".

Haha, I have got to say, I'm yet to be impressed. Zelda is... Zelda, but... they have got to do more than just that. That Disney thing I've got zero interest in.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bekul said:
Haha, I have got to say, I'm yet to be impressed. Zelda is... Zelda, but... they have got to do more than just that. That Disney thing I've got zero interest in.

I think Epic Mickey's got potential. I'm more interested than I was before at least. Kirby's Epic Yarn looks pretty cool though, an overload of cuteness. That name though...

EDIT: The Metroid trailer is awesome. :ubik:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Oh great, more 3D! :schierke:

Yeah, but without glasses.

*edit*

McWhertor: Everyone in the Nokia theater.. will travel to the third dimension

McWhertor: Women with 3DSs walk out

McWhertor: They're strapped to their bodies

McWhertor: Jesus

Crecente: That's a shit ton of 3DS

McWhertor: There are HUNDREDS of them "

Awesome, haha.

Donkey Kong Country is gonna kick ass! Not impressed by the new Zelda so far.

Sony better show us some Last Guardian now.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Damn, I woke up late for this :farnese: I just saw the end of the Kid Icarus trailer and after that. I really was looking forward to new Golden Sun DS info.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I may be a downer right now, but at this point Nintendo is just trying to win the console wars by coming up with the newest gimmicks.
Trying to win? The Wii has outsold PS3 and 360 by a longshot. And besides, the 3DS isnt even in the same market, it's a handheld, not a traditional console.

Nintendo's show started full of blunders. Zelda's premiere was hampered by wireless issues, and Miyamoto couldn't adequately control the action, so it looked like a confusing mess. As a result, it certainly didn't look like a 1:1 action:reaction on the screen to me, and even with that, I dont think the added control mechanic is compelling enough to be a landmark hit for the series. The art design also failed to compel me. I expected something dramatically different, but this looked like a cell-shaded Twilight Princess. Essentially more of the same.

The Metroid trailer got the most hype out of me for the show. Just playing that music was enough.

Epic Mickey wasn't quite as radical as I thought it would be, based on the hype around the title. It looks like a solid 3D platformer with some Spector-esque moral mechanics.

3DS looks very promising. Too bad the only game they showed was Icarus. Not that it looks bad, I just would like to see more of what the system is capable of. One thing that was interesting, the trailer they showed for Icarus contained all sorts of jaggies on the polygons, yet the promotional screenshots they showed looked incredible. We'll see how the final product looks.

Sad that there's no pricing or release for the 3DS yet, but I expect it will be out by holiday 2010, that would be in keeping with Nintendo's history. As for price, im guessing $189.

Full list of games announced for it:

* Kid Icarus Uprising
* Nintendogs + Cats
* Metal Gear Solid
* DJ Hero 3D
* Professor Layton
* Saints Row
* Madden NFL
* FIFA Soccer
* Samurai Warriors 3D
* Dead or Alive
* Ninja Gaiden
* Kingdom Hearts
* Batman
* Resident Evil Revelations
* Street Fighter
* Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
* Ghost Recon
* Splinter Cell
* Ridge Racer

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Metroid has me sold. I don't know if it was the the music that gave it that extra touch. But it's been a while since I've wanted to play any recent Metroid game. Kid Icarus looks fun as hell too.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
New Donkey Kong looks awesome! Mine carts...YES. :D

Unfortunately Zelda didn't roll me like I expected it to. The "Trailer" was hardly there, I guess I was expecting more of a Twilight Princess reveal...You know, epic orchestral music DUMM DUMM DUMMM...Cue link riding into battle at sunset against a whole horde of enemies, etc...and this time we just got a deku baba.

Although I'm sure it will be great, and I will buy it because it's Zelda.
I like the art direction, but I think I would've liked a darker and more realistic link even more.

Too bad Miyamoto's controls were messing up...
Although at the end it showed a guy demoing it on the floor, and it looked like it was interfacing a lot cleaner.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Trying to win? The Wii has outsold PS3 and 360 by a longshot. And besides, the 3DS isnt even in the same market, it's a handheld, not a traditional console.

That doesn't change the fact Nintendo has been relying heavily on being a system for non-gamers and cute family friendly games [I'm buying this for Kirby and Donkey Kong], which generally people that buy the Wii for the first reason, wouldn't normally buy a PS3 or 360. However, good for them for getting to it first, but I'd rather they try doing more with what they already have, instead of branching out to 3D because it's what they see is popular right now.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'd rather they try doing more with what they already have

You mean, like, new games in basically every single franchise they have, as well as a over 20 developers with already announced titles for the 3DS?

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue with here. As for 'non-gamers' - how does playing games on a game system make someone a non-gamer?

Top Bottom