-Kid Icarus
-Metal Gear Rising
-Metroid other M
-DK Country Returns

Bummer, no Devil May Cry 5 shown :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The only reason LoS isn't on my list is because I still haven't seen anything from it yet at E3. Call it laziness, or just the fact that I skipped Konami's show, but the post Marik made was the first new material I've seen in several months. The game looks fantastic though.

I'm also looking forward to The Last Guardian too, but it was absent from E3 this year.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Walter said:
I'm also looking forward to The Last Guardian too, but it was absent from E3 this year.
Hopefully that will be at the Tokyo Game Show along with the HD REMAKES OF ICO/SOTC(please :troll:)

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Child of Eden looked pretty nuts on stage.

In order of lust...

Halo: Reach
Portal 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nostalgia much?)
Deus Ex:Human Revolution
LoZ - Skyward Sword
Metroid Other M ---> (This would actually be my first Metroid game! For shame, I know..I was raised on Sonic, Mario and Zelda.)
Sonic Colors, which looks surprisingly fun. : O

By the way...I believe if you pre-order Metroid at game-stop you get 11 really nice art prints from various cutscenes and game art.
They designed this ploy specifically for me, knowing I would fall for add-on goodies and give-away limited edition special things.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
By the way...I believe if you pre-order Metroid at game-stop you get 11 really nice art prints from various cutscenes and game art.

It's 16 cards, actually. I saw that a couple days ago and proceeded to be vexed since no such offer will arise where I live. :judo:

Anyway, I'd have a hard time rating what game I loved more from this E3, but the Nintendo titles are certainly near the top. Like Walter I'm not even sure if I should include games like Lords of Shadow or Deus Ex 3 since they weren't really showcased. But for the sake of it, here's a list of things I'm certain to buy whenever they're out:

Metroid: Other M
DK Country Returns
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Dead Space 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn (for my wife of course :schnoz:)
Gears of War 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Crysis 2
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Metal Gear Solid: Rising (unless it's Kinect only)
Marvel vs Capcom 3

And the 3DS and half of its announced games so far :iva:

I have to admit I'm also interested in the new Mortal Kombat title... Other than that I'm keeping an eye on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Vanquish, and for Spector's sake I hope Epic Mickey will be worth getting. One game I wish we'd seen more of is Id's RAGE.

Totally forgot about that one. That's another one for my list.

I have to admit I'm also interested in the new Mortal Kombat title

I have zero faith. That series has been crap since they rolled out MK3 (a run button and auto combos...). And from the new one's trailer, it looks as stiff and robotic as 5-8 (8 being MK vs DC).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
I have zero faith. That series has been crap since they rolled out MK3 (a run button and auto combos...). And from the new one's trailer, it looks as stiff and robotic as 5-8 (8 being MK vs DC).

I agree with all of that, but I can't help it. I've shunned the series ever since MK3, barely registering the other games, so I'm not as disillusioned as most others. That being said, like for AC: Brotherhood, I'll wait for reviews to even consider buying it.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Aphasia said:
Child of Eden looked pretty nuts on stage.

In order of lust...

Halo: Reach
Portal 2
Deus Ex:Human Revolution
LoZ - Skyward Sword
Metroid Other M ---> (This would actually be my first Metroid game! For shame, I know..I was raised on Sonic, Mario and Zelda.)
Sonic Colors, which looks surprisingly fun. : O

They designed this ploy specifically for me, knowing I would fall for add-on goodies and give-away limited edition special things.
You missed out on some great games, Super Metroid is crazy fun and the Prime series are fantastic as well.
I wonder if Team Ninja will live up to Retro Studios accomplishment. I hope! (Retro Studios is working on Donkey Kong Country Returns though! yeah! :guts:)

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
After seeing actual gameplay for Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2, I have to say it sucked me in. So I'll be getting that one thank YOU very much. MvC 3 is another must, but I have to wonder if Capcom is going to pull the same move and eventually adding more characters a year later.
None the less, the only thing about The Last Guardian that I saw mentioned was that they had a gameplay demo at the Sony booth... At least, that's according to G4. Like most people here, I'd say Nintendo outdid themselves. Hell, even Epic Mickey got my interest. And as much as I told myself not to get a DS... Well, that's going out the door as soon as it's available. But I have to wonder, this 3D technology Nintendo 3DS has... would there be potential for it to be spread on television sets? Since media sales apparently have a "hard-on" for 3D sales. Regardless, I'm interested to see what comes out of it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
But I have to wonder, this 3D technology Nintendo 3DS has... would there be potential for it to be spread on television sets? Since media sales apparently have a "hard-on" for 3D sales. Regardless, I'm interested to see what comes out of it.

Unfortunately that's not likely at this point. It's a technology that only works on small screens. Maybe it'll be adapted to bigger displays down the line, but don't hold your breath for now.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Anyway I'd like to say a consideration on the bad Sony policy regarding the portable hardware.

Nintendo, with his DS had ruled over the various version of the same PSP, and now that the 3DS has been presented with these result:

3dspsp1.jpg

I wonder what kind of policy they'll adopt.

Sony instead of releasing at first the PSP slim, then the 3000 and than that obscene PSP GO(that costs 250 EURO!!! come on!! 30 euro less of a PS3!) they should have released immediately a new portable hardware. I really cannot get the actual Sony way of doing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saw some footage of Sonic Colours and it's looking good, but Sega's got such a disastrous track record with the series that I won't get my hopes up until I see a proper review.

Marik said:
Anyway I'd like to say a consideration on the bad Sony policy regarding the portable hardware.

Nintendo, with his DS had ruled over the various version of the same PSP, and now that the 3DS has been presented with these result:

I wonder what kind of policy they'll adopt.

Sony instead of releasing at first the PSP slim, then the 3000 and than that obscene PSP GO(that costs 250 EURO!!! come on!! 30 euro less of a PS3!) they should have released immediately a new portable hardware. I really cannot get the actual Sony way of doing.

Don't be too harsh with the PSP here, it's a 5 years old system. I think in that regard it's holding out very well against a brand new console. Anyway, I've always had a strong opinion on Sony's policy with its handheld, and I've been thinking for a while that they may simply not wish to pursue that market anymore, despite their relative success. They've spent a lot of money on the PSP and yet it was crushed by the NDS, and overall I'm not sure it's been very profitable for them.

What's more, they're in a bit of an impasse as far as design and technological improvements go. They were ahead of the times with the PSP, and it completely dwarfed the NDS in power (while the NDS itself was a huge step from the GBA). But what can they do now? Sure, the 3DS does better, but it's not so striking that the PSP is now obsolete. Even if they were to release a PSP2 soon, they wouldn't have the stark graphic superiority they had with the PSP.

Then there's the screen, the PSP's pride. It's already so big, they could hardly make it any bigger without it becoming impractical. But they also can't follow Nintendo's foray into 3D because the technology they're using only works on smaller screens and currently can't be used with something over 4 inches. When you take all that into consideration, digital content seems reasonable as an alternate way to modernize their offer. Yet we know what fate befell the PSP Go. So what's left for them to do? EDIT: As for the multimedia angle, they lost to the iPhone and have no hope of ever catching up at this point.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Don't be too harsh with the PSP here, it's a 5 years old system. I think in that regard it's holding out very well against a brand new console. Anyway, I've always had a strong opinion on Sony's policy with its handheld, and I've been thinking for a while that they may simply not wish to pursue that market anymore, despite their relative success. They've spent a lot of money on the PSP and yet it was crushed by the NDS, and overall I'm not sure it's been very profitable for them.

I don't want to be that harsh with the PSP, just think that I have had every of them except the Go model(now I have the 3000). But as a customer, I realize that I have just 4/5 games of quality..too little compared to the number of quality games that obscured the PSP overall. So I think that you could be right in guessing that Sony doesn't care about pursuing the market, and the apparently crazy choice to create the Go model is a good clue that led to this conclusion.

Aazealh said:
What's more, they're in a bit of an impasse as far as design and technological improvements go. They were ahead of the times with the PSP, and it completely dwarfed the NDS in power (while the NDS itself was a huge step from the GBA). But what can they do now? Sure, the 3DS does better, but it's not so striking that the PSP is now obsolete. Even if they were to release a PSP2 soon, they wouldn't have the stark graphic superiority they had with the PSP.

That's what I meant. The 3DS it's better than the PSP, and imagining the success that this new nintendo portable will have.. for sure it's going to bury the Sony portable though it isn't still obsolete. Furthermore the problem of a brand new PSP wouldn't lie just in its limited graphic superiority, but even in its cost! :ganishka:
I wouldn't be that surprised if it may meet the 350 Euro!

Aazealh said:
Then there's the screen, the PSP's pride. It's already so big, they could hardly make it any bigger without it becoming impractical. But they also can't follow Nintendo's foray into 3D because the technology they're using only works on smaller screens and currently can't be used with something over 4 inches. When you take all that into consideration, digital content seems reasonable as an alternate way to modernize their offer. Yet we know what fate befell the PSP Go. So what's left for them to do?

That's another good point..even read in economical terms. Sony may always be too expensive.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Really positive things being written about 3DS impressions by E3 attendees. Jeff Green, former editor of Computer Gaming World, had this to say:

"I've already rhapsodized about the 3DS, but, just to reiterate: It blew me away. One of the coolest things I've seen in 15 E3s, and I say this as a guy who's not been a big believer in 3d and who also has terrible eyes."

For a grumpy old man generally critical of new technologies, this is a really stunning review.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
I don't want to be that harsh with the PSP, just think that I have had every of them except the Go model(now I have the 3000). But as a customer, I realize that I have just 4/5 games of quality..a little bit compared to the number of quality games that obscured the PSP overall. So I think that you could be right in guessing that Sony doesn't care about pursuing the market, and the apparently crazy choice to create the Go model is a good clue that led to this conclusion.

Well, I can't blame you for being disgruntled if you feel you didn't get your money's worth. But on the good side of things, the 3DS shouldn't disappoint you.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Well, I can't blame you for being disgruntled if you feel you didn't get your money's worth. But on the good side of things, the 3DS shouldn't disappoint you.

Yeah, definitely. I'll surely go for it! :azan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
An interesting article about the 3DS' GPU: http://www.hardcoreware.net/nintendo-3ds-specs-comparison/

And a comment from Igarashi on the possibility of a Castlevania game on the 3DS.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179951 said:
And what of Igarashi? We bumped into him on the show floor and asked him what he has in the works beyond the just-announced Xbox Live game Harmony of Despair. While he wouldn't go into specifics, he mentioned that he has other Castlevania projects in the works, and that if he develops another portable entry in the series he'd like to see it on 3DS. For now, though, Igarashi is mostly interested in seeing Harmony's multiplayer action catch on with fans... and for its part, Konami is undoubtedly eager for Lords to become a hit when it arrives this fall.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Resident Evil fans will be interested in this clip of the 3DS game: http://kotaku.com/5569362/see-resident-evil-3ds-in-action

It also shows off some of the graphic muscle behind the machine.

Walter said:
Resident Evil fans will be interested in this clip of the 3DS game: http://kotaku.com/5569362/see-resident-evil-3ds-in-action

It also shows off some of the graphic muscle behind the machine.

The first thing I thought to myself was is this running on the 360? I'll keep a ear out for this game. They already announced a Kingdom Heart game on the 3DS too. So, the games keep building up. I'm glad its got a lot of backing.

Castlevania definitely has my attention, I'm happy that there is still games to look forward too. I'll put this on my priorities list, along with Fallout: New Vegas.

Side Note: Reading the thread it seems that a lot of people are scratching their heads about Silent Hill. Let me give you some quick reviews of the series.

Silent Hill ( PS1Classic)
Silent Hill 2 (PS2 Classic)
Silent Hill 3 (Great/Comes full circle with Silent Hill 1)
Silent Hill 4: The Room (Average/Nothing really great about it, unoriginal, epic fail.)

Silent Hill: Homecoming (Above Average. More so-the first in line of the SH games that were barely above average. Although homecoming is a great SH fix, its story isn't all too great. The gameplay is pretty good, the game delivers, I just think they could of done better. To me, it still was a god-send and relief after what was Silent Hill: The Room. )

Silent Hill: Origins (Above Average/More of the same but pretty decent, good looking, good story, ps2 version looks better than PSP but gameplay is some how worst. Worth a play through for a SH fix.)

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Above Average/This game isn't for everyone, the game play is its biggest downfall, no fighting, all running, its heavily story orientated, I hated playing it on the PSP, play it on the Wii. Its a re-make yet it some how stands by itself. Its a interesting take the on the original game. Not missing anything if you don't play it.)

Top Bottom