Eclipse is returning in the real world! The God Hand returns!

The eclipse is returning today 21 August, 2017 with the god hand!

OLCQ6G5.jpg

Watch the eclipse live here: https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+Public+Channel

Are you excited for the return of the eclipse and the god hand?

xdHaTuk.png

6 minutes to eclipse! God Hand finally returns! I waited for it so long!

Edit: The eclipse has started! 27 minutes for totality eclipse and that's when the God Hand will be summoned!

Watch here live! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj--sCwgD_w

Edit 2#:

few minutes left for total eclipse !!!! the god hand is almost here!!!!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Even though I can genuinely appreciate this is a once in a lifetime astronomical phenomenon, when the hype reached the point that every site was replacing the O's in their names with little eclipsed suns I started getting the typical dummy vibes off the whole "event" aspect:

0057.JPG

0046.JPG

Plus, the view unfortunately sucks from where I am, it's cloudy and just a bit dim out. =)

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Long story short, I live very close to the path of totality, so I traveled an hour south into the mountains, climbed one, and watched the eclipse while listening to Hirasawa's "Murder", and it was absolutely sublime. :femto:

Delta Phi said:
Long story short, I live very close to the path of totality, so I traveled an hour south into the mountains, climbed one, and watched the eclipse while listening to Hirasawa's "Murder", and it was absolutely sublime. :femto:

You used special glasses?

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Zade said:
You used special glasses?

I did not. None were available, and haven't been for a couple weeks (My area was a pretty prime spot for tourists after all), and all the hardware stores were out of acceptable welding lenses. I was in the heart of the path of totality though. It was cloudy all right before the actual total eclipse. I would sneak very quick, indirect glances every so often while the sun was being covered, but once the moon moved into place it became very dark, and the corona was the only visible part of the sun. That's when I looked at it, first with sunglasses, then unprotected for a good 2-2.5 minutes or so.

Delta Phi said:
I did not. None were available, and haven't been for a couple weeks (My area was a pretty prime spot for tourists after all), and all the hardware stores were out of acceptable welding lenses. I was in the heart of the path of totality though. It was cloudy all right before the actual total eclipse. I would sneak very quick, indirect glances every so often while the sun was being covered, but once the moon moved into place it became very dark, and the corona was the only visible part of the sun. That's when I looked at it, first with sunglasses, then unprotected for a good 2-2.5 minutes or so.

How was it looking like?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:

I saw that, but it was kind of to the point of my post beyond the excerpt you quoted (BTW, his next tweet: https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/898536848049315842 someone should explain to him that sometimes its the messenger and not the message; I know firsthand =). So, I guess I should have said "opportunity" instead of "phenomenon" considering that depending on where you are in the universe some celestial body is always lining up with a star, like every night on Earth if you look down! Anyway, what are you doing in this current event dumping ground? Go and post about Twin Peaks, musical instruments, or making fun of GoT.

Top Bottom