Effects of the merging of the worlds on Guts' party

In the new world of Fantasia, does anyone think that :schierke: Schierke's magic, or that any of the magic fetishes granted to Guts' party, power will increase? Or in a worse case scenario, could Guts' dreadful ego :beast: become more powerful in this new world?

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
the_ace_of_spades said:
In the new world of Fantasia, does anyone think that :schierke: Schierke's magic, or that any of the magic fetishes granted to Guts' party, power will increase? Or in a worse case scenario, could Guts' dreadful ego :beast: become more powerful in this new world?

Actually I don't think we have any clues to speculate or assume such things. Anyway about the Beast of Darkness, I wouldn't really think its unleash would be bound to a severe spiritual influence from the merged world. We know already what will eventually broke its chains but if the new world will give her more power(in which way?) I can't imagine it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
the_ace_of_spades said:

Hi and welcome! :serpico:

From the latest episode (309), the magical weapons of Serpico and Isidro do not seem to be especially more potent. And I don't think Schierke's magic will be too affected at first. Maybe later on. As for the Beast of Darkness (which I wouldn't call Guts' ego), due to the fact it is (as far as we know) purely psychological in nature, I would say no as well.

Marik said:
We know already what will eventually broke its chains

Well that's what it said. Keep in mind it might not necessarily come to be. It also said it would happen when Guts' friends would die.

Aazealh said:
As for the Beast of Darkness, due to the fact it is (as far as we know) purely psychological in nature, I would say no as well.

I would think something psychological manifests into something spiritual in the berserk universe. It is said that the spiritual realm is the human's mental world, where dreams and thoughts manifest into existence there.

My main concern is how the brand would be affected - yes, Schierke is there to seal it, but with the Astral realm no longer so far away, but actually merged... well, that actually made me realize that, if that seal is actually still needed, then one of my ideas about Schierke staying on the island is shot down. Barring some replacement, she's needed for that, if nothing else.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zerk said:
I would think something psychological manifests into something spiritual in the berserk universe. It is said that the spiritual realm is the human's mental world, where dreams and thoughts manifest into existence there.

It's not that simple. Do you think everyone's inner thoughts somehow materialize in the astral world? That would make it very chaotic to say the least. And I'm also not sure we can say that "the astral world = humans' mental world". While it has been said that creatures that dwells in humans' minds exist in the astral world, it doesn't necessarily mean that's all there is to it. See the elementals for example.

Anyway, I've said so before but one encounter I'm particularly looking forward to in relation with the Beast of Darkness is that of Guts & Ubik. Excites me just thinking about it.

Bekul said:
My main concern is how the brand would be affected - yes, Schierke is there to seal it, but with the Astral realm no longer so far away, but actually merged... well, that actually made me realize that, if that seal is actually still needed, then one of my ideas about Schierke staying on the island is shot down. Barring some replacement, she's needed for that, if nothing else.

There are many ways it could be dealt with. For example Guts could receive a talisman like the one Casca wears, or Farnese could take care of it with some more training. But would Schierke really remain on Elfhelm, depriving her friends of her incredible abilities while they embark on a very dangerous journey? Especially one against those who killed Flora (not that revenge is the best motivation, but it can weigh in)?

Aazealh said:
Anyway, I've said so before but one encounter I'm particularly looking forward to in relation with the Beast of Darkness is that of Guts & Ubik. Excites me just thinking about it.

Wait, huh? Why is that?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Zerk said:
Wait, huh? Why is that?
Because of Ubik's power of insight into the human mind. He showed this off in vol 3 with the count and in vol 12 with Griffith.

Top Bottom