Encyclopedia question

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
Will scans of the cardgame be posted up in the encyclopedia? Just for the sake of looking at all the neat pictures   :).

I'll see with Walter to put some small resolution ones up later. I'm also planning to make several avatars from the cards' illustrations. I don't think we'll put up the complete set though.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
I am not sure if this was discussed but I have noticed on the timeline might be inacurrate. I know its not law like it says but the part where Gaiseric's kingdom was destroyed by 4 of the 5 angels would obviously be the Hand of God but the 4 hand of God's birth happened after the Destruction of the Midland Empire. Which doesn't make sense. I know it's only speculation that the angels could of been anyone but i think its obvious they were the hand of God since the tomb underneath Wyndam had the corpses with the Brand on them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, I'm not sure this thread was the best place to ask your question... Anyway:

xbigvmanx said:
I know its not law like it says but the part where Gaiseric's kingdom was destroyed by 4 of the 5 angels would obviously be the Hand of God but the 4 hand of God's birth happened after the Destruction of the Midland Empire. Which doesn't make sense.

It's explicitely said that God Hand members are born every 216 years in the manga. The current members of the God Hand couldn't have possibly been there already. And it only doesn't make sense if you assume there wasn't another God Hand made from other "people" before, that could have been destroyed for some reason. In any case, it's not a problem with the Timeline but with the story, and I doubt Miura made an error somewhere; we just don't know enough about it to understand what happened yet.

xbigvmanx said:
I know it's only speculation that the angels could of been anyone but i think its obvious they were the hand of God since the tomb underneath Wyndam had the corpses with the Brand on them.

That doesn't really prove anything.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Aazealh said:
Hmm, I'm not sure this thread was the best place to ask your question... Anyway:

It's explicitely said that God Hand members are born every 216 years in the manga.
That doesn't really prove anything.

It might not prove anything but there are a lot of hints that help piece together what really happened 1000 years ago or so. Right now i am just going to theorize what happen with the clues available. If the members came out every 216 years then in theory they were born before Gaiseric's empire was conceived. The clue about the four angels of God destroying the empire sort of points in the Hand of God's direction. The clue that it was them in Volume 10 when a torch was dropped by Casca in Wyndham's tower. The bottom revealed an underground ancient city of Gaiseric's empire all the corpses had the Brand on their skulls. So yes i think it does prove they were the ones that destroyed the Midland empire.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, this really belongs in Speculation Nation... You aren't even arguing against the Timeline at this point, but insisting on your OPINION of the 4/5 Angels being the God Hand. Formulate your theory a little more soundly and post it in the proper section if you'd like to insist further. But at least read up on the hundreds of other similar theories first.

If the members came out every 216 years then in theory they were born before Gaiseric's empire was conceived.
Then what's happened to the God Hand that have been born every 216 years SINCE Gaiseric's empire fell? You're inferring that the current God Hand are version 2.0; quite a large leap, since no other evidence in the series suggests this.

The clue about the four angels of God destroying the empire sort of points in the Hand of God's direction.
Just because there were 4 of "something"? That doesn't prove that it was the God Hand. By your logic, it could have been the Beatles.

the corpses had the Brand on their skulls. So yes i think it does prove they were the ones that destroyed the Midland empire.
No, it just proves that people were branded, not that the God Hand did it. You're assuming Occultations were done in the same manner 1000 years ago (prior to the establishment of the God Hand) as they do now. That's another large logical leap, since as before, no evidence suggests that it does.

Anyway, there have been dozens of theories on this subject since the earliest Berserk forums began. As a community, we've exhausted all possibilities given the current vague "clues" about 1000 years ago. And the God Hand are a convienant, however nigh-impossible possibility for the afformentioned reasons.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xbigvmanx said:
It might not prove anything but there are a lot of hints that help piece together what really happened 1000 years ago or so.

No, there's not "a lot of" hints. If I asked you to enumerate them you'd see that there's actually just a few.

xbigvmanx said:
Right now i am just going to theorize what happen with the clues available.

No problem, but don't try to deny facts that are explicitely stated in the story.

xbigvmanx said:
If the members came out every 216 years then in theory they were born before Gaiseric's empire was conceived.

Why? It could have been other creatures. We don't know when the God Hand was first created. In theory anything is possible, and we've speculated all we could about this in the past, so don't expect your arguments to work. Also, it's called the God Hand, not the "Hand of God." It comes from the Japanese "ゴッドハンド" so you can't just change it because you think it sounds better the other way around.

Anyway, there's no problem with the Timeline, so if you want to argue more about this it'd be better to move to Speculation Nation like Walter said.

Top Bottom