Episode 185

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I never thought Berserk could be this good without Guts (seriously, I found the whole Serpico/Farneeze gaiden to be rather painful).

This was truly a chapter of great moments.

First, let’s talk about Griffith.  I really like the way Miura is subtly showing his power rather than having him blow shit up and fly around.  The arrows were cool but how about the way Griffith passes Silat without him even noticing, this is the guy who just caught a stray arrow coming from behind him!  Plus, he was staring right at Griffith as he was approching.  It was just a really great scene.  It makes Griffith seem infinitely more powerful than if he had shot a bunch of fireballs out of his ass or something.  Good suspense, don’t show the shark until the end of the movie!

Next, the Immortal one himself, whose now using two weapons regularly.  How cool was it to see him dismembering people with both sword and axe!  Watching him kill Kushans by the barrel full does nothing to advance the story, but it’s still great stuff nonetheless.  

Locus, Locus, Locus, whom I think is definitely an Apostle.  Forget the cat eyes and sloping forehead, just look at his weird expression.  He has that calm but sinister look most Apostles share.  He looks emotionless but capable of extreme violence at any moment.  Not much more to say about him without more information, he does kill guys almost as fast as Zodd.  This is just a gut feeling, but the guy looks like a major sicko to me. Cool, though. :)

Silat, I still think he’s going to join Griffith.  Especially when he contemplates the alternative.

The girl…hmmm, let's see how Griffith and especially Locus and Silat react.

-Griffith

P.S.  If Locus is supposed to look like Corkus, then Miura forgot how to draw him.

Re: Chapter 185

Locus definately could be an apostle the look in his eyes and his weapon the way he is able to kill about ten soldiers at once he could definately be an apostle, and the girl I can't figure out what her role could be, I was thinking she could replace Caska in the new army of Griffith, but she doesn't look like she could fight. Oh and Zodd kicks ass!!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I was thinking she could replace Casca in the new army of Griffith, but she doesn't look like she could fight. Oh and Zodd kicks ass!!!

Once again the Casca thing...Are you saying this just because shes a girl? I mean, Casca was the second ranking officer of the Hawks, and quite a tomboy. I don't see any relation between these two characters other than the fact that they are female. However, you could be in the right because we don't know how long Berserk will advance, in chronology. WIll we see RIckert/Erica/Jill/Midland Girl grow up enough to take a large role in the story? It could happen. I have a theory on this particular point that Ill make sometime later on when its appropriate, and broad enough to comment on.

One strange thing about the girl, that seperates her in my mind from simply being a replacement Casca....SHe says at the end that she heard about Griffith, 'from the winds'. And shes obviously got something going on upstairs with her passion for the Hawk liberation. She's more than just a fighter if she can hear things in the wind. Or pehaps this is just Miura being dramatic? Time will tell...

PS: Oh yeah, I loved the chapter as well! As the girl says at the very end:

"The world is beginning to change..."

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

About the Girl...

Every 'deity/saviour' needs it's prophet, and I think this girl might be it. Griffith sure does not talk that much anymore (seems a bit ill at ease with the whole human reaction thing) and he would need someone to spread the word. Priestess/Prophetess/Witch is more likely than fighter.... but then again, Miura has never been afraid to advance chronology before...

Or... this girl might be a counterweight to the brutal fighters Griffith will need to surround himself with to win this fight. I hope that she will begin to thaw him up a bit and get some humanity back into him.

Griffith

I think she’s going to be both , she already is his Prophet (184, end of 185) and I think she will become very personally important to Griffith in the future, someone he can talk to.  She’ll be our window to what’s left to Griffith’s humanity, I imagine we’ll see a much different side to him when they’re alone together (as apposed to when he and Zodd are knockin’ back brewskies) .

In that regard, I think she could be his prophet in more ways than one, perhaps she’ll get involved with Guts in the future.

-Griffith

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

10.jpg

Fucking yes!!!!!!!

Griffith

blank.gif

That silly symbol freaks me out!

-Griffith

P.S. It really isn't so goofy, it's just that the straps make it look like it has a gaping smile.

Fishbomb

It doesn't have a gaping smile? Now I am confused...

I always thought that icon looked sort of deleriously happy and out of it...

lyricaldanichan

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun!

Wow this BBS is sweet!

Anywhoo.. this turn of events is very interesting but what I am wondering if it will follow the DC game storyline at some point?
I thought MF was a side story to the manga?

Danielle

well...
now that Griffith has a new "protector"(even though he obviously doesnt need one), Zodd will leave to find Guts which will tie in the game with the manga......
(as if what i said was blatantly obvious before... if it wasnt, i wouldnt have been able to come up with it)

Fishbomb

I wonder if this whole story will become Griffith oriented now for a while, since the DC plotline is keeping Gatts busy. It would be nice actually (though I love Gatts, Casca and Pakk), we need some insight into exactly what he has become. And since this was chapter one of the War chronicle perhaps I'll get my wish.

Griffith needs some screen time damnit! ;D

Guts should still make an appearance every now and then, just to show us where in the game they are. as soon as they arrive at Puck's home, the story should focus on Guts again.

Fishbomb

I do so hope that Casca will be cured once they arrive at Pakks home (after many adventures of course). Why? Because by then we will have got to know the new Griffith, will probably have gained insight into what he is and how he feels about things. We have already seen how Gatts have matured and is thinking of life differently now than before. All that remains then is for Casca to 'wake up' and try to make sense of what happened to her. Then all is set for the big reunion/showdown... :)

Griffith

I think Guts arriving at Puck’s home will be just the beginning for finding the cure for Caska, I think that’s where Guts will probably be told where he can find a cure (a perilous quest no doubt!).

-Griffith

A

Asír

In short, that MYSELF am able to say?? The I surrender 185 is all a demostration of because Miura-sama is the best!

04.jpg

Aqui we see to Griffit thanking the king of Kushan by its services, (it arrangement all for the one that alone went to take posesion of its kingdom) were given account that the sword of Griffit is of STEEL? the swords to that then itself hacian alone of Iron, but that of Griffit shows a great deal of advantage tecnologica upon other, in other words Griffit represents new times, but not therefore better. they know?

I create that Griffit podria to have committed an error upon using the body of the son of Gatt and Cracks to be able to reborn, despues of all, if Gatt algun I gave came to challenge to Griffit using its new body, the own boy devil podria to help to destroy to Griffit alone

teoria Support the idea that Silatt join with the group of Griffit, despues of all, Griffit not I kill it upon seeing it in the principle of the I surrender, and Silatt already I verify the abnormal nature of Grifitt, well, in ultimo case can do what well leaves it, to flee.

The concept of the girl as a habinger of the future created by Griffit is very certain, but I consider improbable that she occupy the place of he Cracks and a great deal less he be he do someone "to smooth out" the mentality of Griffit, before of all, they remember that the princess Charlotte is the one that podria to have to Griffit to the end, they remember the dream profetico of the king of Midland before dying. Certainly ¿that step with the real house of Midland? they died, they fled or even they were being resisted to the attack?

I expect that the 186 respond my anxieties

many thanks

Asír

Fishbomb

Yeah, whatever did happen to the royal house of Midland anyway? Have the capital fallen yet? I'm wondering how Charlotte will react when she sees Griffith again, probably at the head of an army driving back the Kushans...

And... I've forgotten, did the king die? I don't think he did, and if he's alive, wonder what he will make of this new 'hero' Griffith...

Griffith

The King died right after his visit from the Hawk of Light (heh heh, way to stick it to him before he dies Griffith!). And the capital was hit by the Kushan army right after. If Charlotte hasn’t already been captured by the Kushans I’d imagine she’s gone into hiding somewhere.

-Griffith

I do so hope that Casca will be cured once they arrive at Pakks home (after many adventures of course). Why? Because by then we will have got to know the new Griffith, will probably have gained insight into what he is and how he feels about things. We have already seen how Gatts have matured and is thinking of life differently now than before. All that remains then is for Casca to 'wake up' and try to make sense of what happened to her. Then all is set for the big reunion/showdown...  :)

Maybe the eleves might have a technique to cure her, who knows what kind of powers they have.

Fishbomb

Thanks... I wasn't sure if the king died or not (haven't got the manga here to check).

Now... what do you think would be more likely?

Charlotte as a central figure in what little resistance that is left (she had a little spunk after all)

Charlotte as a captured concubine of the Kushans

Charlotte hidden away as a commoner by loyal retainers (her female servants more likely)

Griffith

My mind says that she’s been captured.

My heart says that she’s been fighting.

My gut says that she’s been hiding.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Im pretty sure somewhere (i forget) they mentioned that Charlotte and the inner circle of Midland had gone into hiding. Im sure she'll pop up sooner or later. And her future role is pretty damned evident, yes?

Fishbomb

Nicely put Griffith... I have to agree with you there.

Future role? Like in marrying Griffith and legetimizing his claim to the throne?

Top Bottom