Episode 223

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us these treats.Guts and skelly are in it this time even if Guts does beat the big idiot they have Zodd and a army of apostles to get through. And yeah the apostles armor looks like ass, speaking of which do you all like the idea of an apostle army or is it just way overpowered.(*sigh* I miss Locus :'()

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
korkor said:
omg zodd and gutts seem like midgets in front of Grunbeld...

True o_O. I wonder how well he will do against Grunbeld in his weakened state...

Maybe, he'll blow away Gats with one hit and then snort something like "You're not worthy of my effort. Begone!". Also, I wonder if we'll see Gatts in his new armor in the current battle, or not? At least, it doesn't seem like he'd have much time to change into it during the current battle, unless Skully/Serpico keept the apostle-army busy while he was doing it...

Azn He-Man666

Dark Wanderer said:
True o_O. I wonder how well he will do against Grunbeld in his weakened state...

Maybe, he'll blow away Gats with one hit and then snort something like "You're not worthy of my effort. Begone!".
I hope it does not come to that :-\

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
ha wounded or not gutts is gonna kick grunbelds ass and he doenst need no armor! u forget that when gutts is at his worst physical state its when he does his best ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Dark Wanderer said:
Besides, if Griffith has forbidden them to transform while they're battling before normal people's eyes.
But has he ?And why ? Everyone can see that they are monsters even if they don't transform further. One has only to look at the eyes and teeth of the more human looking (Gruenbeld) to understand

Majin Tenshi said:
Replacement costs for starters. Every time they transform it obliterates the armor. On top of that, with their power, they shouldn't need armor against most opponents.

You'd think it'd be more worthwhile to just wear normal clotheing. At least thats easier to replace.

well majin most apostles that weve seen so far, or at least the ones that seem to act semi-civilized have worn armor. the snake baron, wyald and zodd, the other apostles that weve come across, their character is so not suited for armor that they shouldnt even be considered.

i cant imagine replacement costs would be that high, considering the ones that do wear armor, dont have to 'transform' each time they put it on, plus when they do fuck up their armor it seems that they either have enough armor that it simply doesnt matter, or armor is readily availible to them.

and why would an apostle march into war without armor on? i dont think theyd want the whole world to know what they are, and even so i dont think they want to be unnecessarily injured

weve seen apostles in armor throughout the story, i dont see why it only bothers you now

replacement costs shouldn't be bad, since it seems they use pots, pans and strainers to make there armor.

Thanks for scans OUJI!

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks a lot for your great effort, SaiyajinNoOuji. :)

Quite a good chapter. Grunbeld has introduced himself quite successfully, and we all got a big impression of his BIG body.
I want a somewhat gruesome fight btw Gatts and Grunbeld. But I think it's impossible for now cause Gatts has been wounded by Lady Slan. ;D

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
Two thoughts:

1. Hey..anyone see the obvious connection between Grunbeld and a dragon? and Guts here's got the dragonslayer.... hmmmmm ....

2. Doesn't Guts's new armor reminiscent of the Count Dracula cloak? Must be the high collar ???

J

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Alright, I don't have time to put them in the HTML so here is the link to the first picture... it goes all the way up to 19 so just change it at the top..

http://kuroikenshi.150m.com/Pics/Current%20YA/Chapter%20223/01.jpg

Work is mad busy right now, enjoy!

OMFG!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

First I m very surprised when i saw this:

223-Grunbled-Guts-Coloured.jpg

Look at the size of Grunbeld! I didnt expect it be that BIG! Not only it is twice the size of human Zodd but the shield alone is even bigger than Gutz himself! I thought DS was the largest weapon ever, until i saw this mallet...

Well, Gutz really look like a puny opponent against him, hard to decide who will win!

Sigh... waiting for 224 now is even longer than the next christmas :'(

Btw Oujin! I shall worship u as God now *hands down* ;D

i cant believe you people are actually arguing about replacement costs for fictional armor...
youve reached a new low.

and when is the next chapter due? i didnt see a date this time. is it next issue or something?

Azn He-Man666

Smith said:
I thought DS was the largest weapon ever, until i saw this mallet...

Well, Gutz really look like a puny opponent against him, hard to decide who will win!

Sigh... waiting for 224 now is even longer than the next christmas :'(

Btw Oujin! I shall worship u as God now *hands down* ;D
I think that the Dragon Slayer is the same size as Grunbeld's war-hammer.

Nosferatu

BERSERK
I think Guts will lose this FIRST encounter with Grunbeld. I know Miura won't kill Guts here. At the most, I think Grunbeld will leave Guts for dead. Skully bails out with Guts(unconscious) on horseback. Skully finds a way to cure Guts' spiritual injury. Guts gets his armor and maybe undergo some training, and he'll get the 411 on the Hawks camp. Proceed to the camp, and use your imagination...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Godo said:
Two thoughts:

1. Hey..anyone see the obvious connection between Grunbeld and a dragon? and Guts here's got the dragonslayer.... hmmmmm ....

2. Doesn't Guts's new armor reminiscent of the Count Dracula cloak? Must be the high collar ???

J
1. Yes, I mentioned a few pages back that the DS may live up to its name.
2. That "collar" is actaly two spikes starting from the front of the neck and going back.

Thanks fot the scans, you are superman.
What I could say about this chapter is that if Miura wants to make it longer the solution of Nosferatu could indeed stand*. This way this Saga has served to show the current condition of the two worlds imerging and introduce Gut's new armour.

*or at least have a draw of the two combatants.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
ranemaka13 said:
i cant believe you people are actually arguing about replacement costs for fictional armor...
youve reached a new low.
Second that!

Azn He-Man666

Nosferatu said:
I think Guts will lose this FIRST encounter with Grunbeld. I know Miura won't kill Guts here. At the most, I think Grunbeld will leave Guts for dead. Skully bails out with Guts(unconscious) on horseback. Skully finds a way to cure Guts' spiritual injury. Guts gets his armor and maybe undergo some training, and he'll get the 411 on the Hawks camp. Proceed to the camp, and use your imagination...
I had not thought of that it's a great idea though maybe Skully will train him or summat.

Another idea is that Grifith show up and Skully parts the scene to encounter him while at the same time Zodd has joined with Gutts and together they fight the other apostles.
Neeeee

Nosferatu

BERSERK
[quote author=xechnao *or at least have a draw of the two combatants.

I don't think this will end in a draw. A draw to me would mean something like when Zodd and Guts fought on the hills. Guts was at 100% and Zodd was at 100%, and Griffith called the fight off. I think Guts and Skully will retreat after Guts takes a beating, or Grunbeld will look down on Guts and withdraw the contest. Or maybe I'm just underestimating Guts, and he has more stamina and strength then I realize. Either way I love Berserk and speculating, and I can't wait for chapter 224.

Nosferatu

BERSERK
xechnao said:
The draw could be sketched to show the progress of the skill and power of Guts but like you I see it impropable.

Yeah it could be sketched to show that, but it seems to me that Miura designed this scene for Guts to lose. I mean he fought 100+ trolls and Slann back to back. No armor, no spiritual energy, and the beast is cold turkey! Surrounded by hordes of apostles...not to mention THE apostle Zodd himself. Unless Skully intervenes Gutts is soup. But we won't know for sure until the next chapter.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
ranemaka13 said:
youve reached a new low.

and when is the next chapter due? i didnt see a date this time. is it next issue or something?

Now wait a miniute, the thread hasn't gotten that bad ye

xechnao said:
As I said maybe Zodd teams up with Guts and together they give a hell of a fight to the other apostles.

Oh, there we go. Well at least no one is dragging down the thread by speculating that Grunbeld is Guts' father, and Zoddo is Guts' mother.

Top Bottom