Episode 223

Wereallmad said:
Now wait a miniute, the thread hasn't gotten that bad yeOh, there we go. Well at least no one is dragging down the thread by speculating that Grunbeld is Guts' father, and Zoddo is Guts' mother.
Do you know japaneese? I don't know what the hell they are talking in their happy meeting over there. So I don't exclude Zodd to make the joker. He has been a wild card till now in the story.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
roberto999 said:
But has he ?And why ? Everyone can see that they are monsters even if they don't transform further. One has only to look at the eyes and teeth of the more human looking (Gruenbeld) to understand

Well, no need to make them more "monstery" than they usually do then. It looks like thye so far have remained into the shadows, they help Griffith in battle but otherwise, they keep away from other people, or so it seems. Maybe, if people saw their true shape, they might not be too eager to rely on their help. As it's now, they do look scary, but nowhere as scary as in their true forms... Besides, who else than a few have seen Grunbeld's teeths so far? :3.

Dark Wanderer

korkor said:
omg zodd and gutts seem like midgets in front of Grunbeld...

Well, Grunbeld and his huge fellows (those behind him) are often refered to as giants and in this chapter, it becomes more clear to us than ever before why they're referred to as giants o_O...

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Appearance wise, Zoddo sure does look like a wussy compared to Ol' Grunbeld.... I don't like that. Zoddo is supposed to be the Uber-apostle...

Dark Wanderer said:
Well, Grunbeld and his huge fellows (those behind him) are often refered to as giants and in this chapter, it becomes more clear to us than ever before why they're referred to as giants o_O...

I Watched As He Shouted
To The Giants That Died That Day

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
xechnao said:
Do you know japaneese? I don't know what the hell they are talking in their happy meeting over there. So I don't exclude Zodd to make the joker. He has been a wild card till now in the story.

I wouldn't say I "know" Japanese. I'm certainly not fluent, but I know some (2 years of Japanese language in college). Though I'm not at the stage where I can "read" Japanese, I can translate it with the aid of a dictionary. I'm usually too lazy though.

Wereallmad said:
I wouldn't say I "know" Japanese. I'm certainly not fluent, but I know some (2 years of Japanese language in college). Though I'm not at the stage where I can "read" Japanese, I can translate it with the aid of a dictionary. I'm usually too lazy though.

So did you figure out what their chit chat is about?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Dark Wanderer said:
It has always been clear there are giants and we don't see Grunbeld's gigantism for the first time here. Thing is... Grunbeld coming from the north with his warriors, it may be possible that they form a group of giants (giant being astral beings like trolls and co ... ).
I'm a die-hard-stubborn bout it ... it seems Grunbeld may be an apostle but several points make me telling no. : /
Guil

Dark Wanderer

Guil Torchonlskyon said:
It has always been clear there are giants and we don't see Grunbeld's gigantism for the first time here. Thing is... Grunbeld coming from the north with his warriors, it may be possible that they form a group of giants (giant being astral beings like trolls and co ... ).
I'm a die-hard-stubborn bout it ... it seems Grunbeld may be an apostle but several points make me telling no. : /
Guil

Well, that's as much as good speculation as anything else. if there's trolls and elves, witches and so on, then why not giants? I'd say that it remains to be seen, through.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Darok [Gloombeard!] said:
Appearance wise, Zoddo sure does look like a wussy compared to Ol' Grunbeld.... I don't like that. Zoddo is supposed to be the Uber-apostle...
Yeah that got me sort of ticked to but if Zodd was transformed how would they measure up. However if Grunbeld is as apostle then would'nt he be able to transform also? Making him even taller!?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
xechnao said:
So did you figure out what their chit chat is about?

gimme a few minutes.

edit: maybe a few hours, I gotta take my cat to the vet.

Alright, I wont be able to translate the whole thing today, but I think this excerpt from page 14 should do it, lets hope I can figure out how to post unicode.

edited out temporarily

edit, no good, but you can read my poor attempts at a translation anyways. I'll figure that out the unicode when I get home

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You people need to just move on regarding the "HE'S SO TALL" issue. Slan has big boobs, but I don't see you freaking out about them and posting 1000 times about it. Oh wait, yeah you did... Christ.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
got a few words for you all (the bigger they are the harder they fall) and this is no different u are all underestimating gutts. Miura did make this cenario to look that gutts would lose, and it will get worse no diferent from the other predictaments gutts as goten himself into, but buttom line he always comes out a winner sonner or later maybe he will lose this battle but if does damn skullys there too and we wont let grunbeld kill gutts. So maybe not this time but hell Grunbeld is gonna fall

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
An interesting point is that an apostle has recognized Skully from the Eclipse and he does not seem to know anything else about him. This is another point against Skully being a former Godhand. Everyone in the evil kingdom would know him in that case. Also apparently Skully did keep a very low profile in his thousand years war against the Godhand if is not more widely known. Apparently only the notables like Zod, the members of the Godhand and apparently some very important apostles like Toshinu and the Snail Count have heard about him (and Roshinu and the Snail count is not even sure)

Dark Wanderer

roberto999 said:
An interesting point is that an apostle has recognized Skully from the Eclipse and he does not seems to know anything else about him. This is another point against Skully being a former Godhand. Everyone in the evil kindom would know him in that case. Also apparently Skully did keep a very low profile in his thousand years war against the Godhand if is not more widely known. Apparently only the notables like Zod, the members of the Godhand and apparently some very important apostles like Toshinu and the Snail Count have heard about him (and Roshinu and the Snail count is not even sure)

Was Roshinu and the snail Count really that important? It's true that it seems like they reknogized him or something like that when he appeard before them.. but on the other hand, they may just have sensed something dangerous about him (something similar to, say, what Gatts felt about Flora, maybe?), that made them heistate enough to retreat. But we can't be sure about
that... Besides, roshunu had been an apostle for only a few years at that point, so how could she be important? Zodd is another matter, through. He seems to act more directly ont he order sof God Hand than the other ones, so maybe he knows more about a lot of things than your average apostle.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
One thing that I have not seen mentioned yet is... Do you think that maybe Guts can pull something out of his ass in the fight against Grunbeld and make him change into his UBER TRUE APOSTILE FORM!

I don't the fight will get that far but if it does...I don't think Gut's will leave there on his own accord.

P

psymont

yup, flora is definitely a goner .... that was her sitting in her chair connecting to scherike telepathically while on fire right? yup, a goner .... seems to have accepted her fate though ....

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
I refuse to believe that an experienced witch as Flora who's basically in control of all the elementals can really be defeated by the element of fire like that. And we don't see her being literally on fire, btw, you just see her sitting in a chair through the fire. I still say she's controlling the fire element herself, and I hope she's gonna unleash hell upon that bunch of apostles soon. SK and Guts can't possibly defeat a whole army of apostles including Zodd and Grunbeld on their own.

ps: Wereallmad, could you remove those unicode characters, it's messing up this thread. If you want to post in Japanese, you should switch to the Japanese font (not unicode) first right before you post. Like this: @‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤@

what do you think grunbelds true form would like like? jesus christ, it would crush the planet if he transformed! even though I know it would be some gay dragony thing, I can still hope he'll turn into an octupus that shoots lasers, and has six eyes, and shoots out baby octopi that are like the octoroks in zelda.

6th Angel

What a big...um......sword!
Just because Grunbeld is huge doesn't mean he is unstoppable. He could be real slow. There is no way he is stronger then Zodd. It would be hilarious if Skully just takes down Grunbeld right away next chapter. He is just chillin on his horse while Guts is about to fight, skully and the apostles better not just sit back their lazyboys and watch.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
6th Angel said:
Just because Grunbeld is huge doesn't mean he is unstoppable. He could be real slow. There is no way he is stronger then Zodd. It would be hilarious if Skully just takes down Grunbeld right away next chapter. He is just chillin on his horse while Guts is about to fight, skully and the apostles better not just sit back their lazyboys and watch.
It's funny but thats most likely what will happen.
(Someone please edit his post I will smother god if you don't)

korkor

I could be a llama
Mizar said:
I refuse to believe that an experienced witch as Flora who's basically in control of all the elementals can really be defeated by the element of fire like that. And we don't see her being literally on fire, btw, you just see her sitting in a chair through the fire. I still say she's controlling the fire element herself, and I hope she's gonna unleash hell upon that bunch of apostles soon. SK and Guts can't possibly defeat a whole army of apostles including Zodd and Grunbeld on their own.

ps: Wereallmad, could you remove those unicode characters, it's messing up this thread. If you want to post in Japanese, you should switch to the Japanese font (not unicode) first right before you post. Like this: @‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤@

hm...
a few chapters a go when skully jumps out of floras window it shows those mudd elementals getting ready to do some damage...
although not that strong, maybe they'll be able to stop the apostle army a little ..

Top Bottom