Episode 229

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Wow :eek:
That chapter was cool.

Number one thing that sticks out in my mind is Guts giving the apostle the "Griffith Hawk Stare" on page 8.

"This means something..."

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Psymont said:
what about of guts' broken bones? how is he going to take the armor off with all those wounds ....
Probably not going to for a while. Hes used to sleeping in armor after all. The spikes "should" retract as his injuries heal.

(I'm gonna get started on re-contrasting the chapter in a few minutes, though, I must say, this one is in much better condition then the last one.)

uploading now. www.skullknight.net/majin/c229/01.jpg should work (does work)

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Ever seen a batman movie? Guts helmet seems to work the same way the shielding of batman's car did.

Brutal chapter, cool white hair. Interesting thing to notice, he still seems to show no pain despite the continuous blood loss, so we can speculate that while the armor is on, regardless of guts being in berserk mode or not, he feels no pain. Wonder if he'll take the armor out soon, that must make a big mess on the carpet ;D

Also, first time I remember the DS being used like a throwing weapon like that, very nice touch by Miura.

Thx, saya :)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
GoHF said:
Interesting thing to notice, he still seems to show no pain despite the continuous blood loss, so we can speculate that while the armor is on, regardless of guts being in berserk mode or not, he feels no pain.
which is why it is called "The Armor of the Berserk" really, look at some chapter translations. Shirke explains it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
"Berserk's Armor"

So, it's tow-may-tow and not tow-mah-tow?
goodblow.jpg

-Griffith

wow, thanx walter and ouji.

fantastic episode. great end to a chapter. Flora looks hot when she was younger, but i don't understand why her looks changed when she became fire element.

puella

Berserk forever
namayias said:
Flora looks hot when she was younger, but i don't understand why her looks changed when she became fire element.

Page 19)

Flora: Life can change only its form.
We may meet again in your dream.

Finally i understand y Flora hse was in fire, she was going through a process whereby she would turn into fire element... thus she was engulf in flames ;)

Indeed this title "Journey of the flame" really suit this chapter well... First Scherike going through Guts flame then they escape through Flora fire, quite ironical...

Lastly i forget to bow down be4 our heroes...

HAIL!!! WALT & SAIYA :D

puella

Berserk forever
namayias said:
wow, thanx walter and ouji.

fantastic episode. great end to a chapter. Flora looks hot when she was younger, but i don't understand why her looks changed when she became fire element.

Smith said:
Finally i understand y Flora hse was in fire, she was going through a process whereby she would turn into fire element... thus she was engulf in flames ;)

I don't think Flora has turned into fire element...

O

Ozmo

Hmmm... anybody else notice that Guts is still dripping blood? :eek:

It'll be very intresting to see what'll happen to him next. There's no way they'll be able to remove his armor and if they do he'll be just about as fit for fighting as Griffith after his year in the Tower of Playback (Babblefish translation 8)).

My guess is that the next several chapters will be focusing on Griffith and the next we see of Guts&crew will be some "several months later" thing and Guts will just have finished healing by some obscure means.

M

medievald00d

Ozmo said:
Hmmm... anybody else notice that Guts is still dripping blood? :eek:

It'll be very intresting to see what'll happen to him next. There's no way they'll be able to remove his armor and if they do he'll be just about as fit for fighting as Griffith after his year in the Tower of Playback (Babblefish translation 8)).

My guess is that the next several chapters will be focusing on Griffith and the next we see of Guts&crew will be some "several months later" thing and Guts will just have finished healing by some obscure means.
In that case, maybe we could all learn to love Griffith again...

Legato 2057

The Grey Wolf
Indeed, I can't thank you enough for hosting this chapter/episode. One thing I noticed was his face, I don't think that it was simply blood runing down his face, but it looks like wounds on the side of his face when he retracted his hellmet. I'm wondering if they will develop into scars. God knows he doesn't have enough scars ::)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Good chapter ! Thank you guys.
Hum don't want to speculate too muh about next episodes, but I think it could be likely to refind Griffith and perhaps getting sight of Charlotte and/or Silatt...
Guil

Top Bottom