Episode 229

pheonixfenix said:
I dont know if im the only one, but I hate the white hair.

YESSSS!!!

Or at least from what i can tell...

If u didnt like his appearance, then dun ever read the manga, it is as simple as that... ;)

Griffith said:
But, does he really deserve having the whole board gang up on him?

Teaching him to be more favorable, such lessons are nothing... :)

roberto999 said:
A way of self-immolation at the end of the path of life if you prefer

I always thought that it was her intention and magic which set her house in fire...

So, you mean fire as a purification in the end of life?
It can be.
In many cultures and religions corpses are burnt, in order to allow the dead man to go in some kind of "heaven".
Flora herself says (correct me if I'm wrong ??? I'm not sure) to be guilty of living too long.

Ah, and I didn't mean to be harsh with fenix, I only expressed my different thoughts. ;)
If his opinion is that berserk isn't original, I respect it, but I don't agree. Only that.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Smith said:
If u didnt like his appearance, then dun ever read the manga, it is as simple as that... ;)Teaching him to be more favorable, such lessons are nothing...

Notice how the omega male, sensing an opportunity to win status, pounces upon another omega recently attacked by the alpha wolf.

I thought this chapter lacked something in pacing and the white streak is unoriginal but not unforgivably. However, I like Guts new look and I think it is appropriate. He's growing up, nocking of a few of those hard edges.

Mostly I had issues with ramping up the tension via *another* save Caska scene. I don't want to see her turn into a one trick pony.

First rising tremors of hmm..., but nothing to worry about yet.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
typhonblue said:
Notice how the omega male, sensing an opportunity to win status, pounces upon another omega recently attacked by the alpha wolf.
Exactly what I was thinking ahahahhah lol thas great :D

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Thanks for the scans. I am always late posting on these threads, but danke schon!

And I quite agree with Viral Harvest's comment on Guts' hair and current attitude.

incognitoX

you fail me
Graywords said:
She's a galaxy girl!

an intergalactic hussy she be.

This chapter r0x0rz..I want to have massive amounts of troll sex with Walter and Ouiji and Griffith, just because he makes me laugh.

H

Herald of Galactor

No story I've ever read was wholly original. However, I do agree that when so many other anime/manga have the main character's hair turn white , it suddenly puts Berserk a little closer to the rest of the pack. Wouldn't you agree that it should stay aways up front, as the pack leader?

Herald of Galactor said:
I do agree that when so many other anime/manga have the main character's hair turn white , it suddenly puts Berserk a little closer to the rest of the pack. Wouldn't you agree that it should stay aways up front
Where all the manga featuring dark-haired main characters are?

Herald of Galactor said:
No story I've ever read was wholly original. However, I do agree that when so many other anime/manga have the main character's hair turn white , it suddenly puts Berserk a little closer to the rest of the pack. Wouldn't you agree that it should stay aways up front, as the pack leader?

In my humble opinion what you did not understand is that the "white hair" thing is based on a REAL LIFE phenomenom : if put under a LOT of stress your hair MAY turn white...
That's it, so this isn't something specific to the manga/anime world. I think...

Legato 2057

The Grey Wolf
excpet that your hair doesn't turn white right away. It just makes it so that all the hair coming from that spot will be white from then on.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Legato 2057 said:
excpet that your hair doesn't turn white right away. It just makes it so that all the hair coming from that spot will be white from then on.
So that discrepancy alone puts Berserk in the same category as Blackjack?

6th Angel

What a big...um......sword!
Berserk never uses unoriginal ideas. I've never seen a man with a metal arm before in manga, especially with a gun inside. A trademark scar? Thats never been done before. The hero uses an oversized weapon? Another winner. Spikey hair, there is another first. Mystical armor, what a unique idea!
I would say that it is like making food. The ingredients are not always what makes the food different but the way they are used.
White hair is used often because it is cool just like characters with metal arms and I have no problem with either.
<Warning: the above post contained a section of sarcasm and anyone to stupid to understand it should immediately run in front of traffic>

Azn He-Man666

6th Angel said:
Berserk never uses unoriginal ideas. I've never seen a man with a metal arm before in manga, especially with a gun inside
Where have you seen this before? Just curious

Legato 2057

The Grey Wolf
Fake left arm with hidden gun? Nope, sorry I can't think of any anime that has a main character like that ::)

And Walter, I wasn't ripping on the the originality (or lack thereof) of Berserk. I am a huge fan of the manga and anime. I think it has some very original ideas and one of the few stories that really goes into the darker side of humanity with all of its characters.

Metal arm with a gun inside is not something that original. Haven't you ever saw or heard of cyborgs in films or something? Indeed that was the first thing I thought when I first saw Gat's mechanical arm.
About the DragonSlayer I haven't saw anything like that before other than Final Fantasy but I think Berserk outdates it.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
indeed, i think that he could say his hair was growing, it's easier to implement it this way and it's actually noticable rather then slowly add whiteness each chapter, and even then you probably wouldn't notice it and say "! he has white hair! unoriginal!"

Azn He-Man666

xechnao said:
Metal arm with a gun inside is not something that original. Haven't you ever saw or heard of cyborgs in films or something? Indeed that was the first thing I thought when I first saw Gat's mechanical arm.
About the DragonSlayer I haven't saw anything like that before other than Final Fantasy but I think Berserk outdates it.
Berserk 1989

You can find every kind of reference for everything in berserk. It's very difficult to create something totally original, and when someone tries to do it, it results some hard-understanding thing (remember Ulysses by James Joyce? ;) ).
So I think that discussion about the originality of berserk is nonsense, and it should neither be in the "Current Chapters" board.

the armor really secretes a small amount of MAXIM hair dye for men, when the beast helmet is fully worn. All this debate about physical phenomenon of Gutts's hair turning white is just a mistake of not realizing that MAXIM made strange marketing strategies of their hair dye in medieval europe. ;D

yeah horrible discription, but all this fussing over hair really deserves a shitty joke

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
So that discrepancy alone puts Berserk in the same category as Blackjack?

When I heard about Guts' grey hair I was thinking of Evil Dead, Ash has grey hair, a chain saw hand and a shotgun on his back. Guts has a cannon on his hand and sword on his back now he has the grey hair. I'm thinking Guts is going to the future soon.

Top Bottom