Episode 235

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Re:Episode 235?

Putting Charlotte aside, I wonder how serious Griffith's losses of Apostles have been so far? He has now lost a couple of those in the battle against Ganishka and Gatts, Skullknight and Flora slayed quite a number too. And even if Gatts won't interfere with what Griffith does for a while (either because that he is too wounded or just want to continue the journey to Elfheim), it's almost for certain that Griffith will lose more apostles in his battle against Ganishka. One even wonders if there'll even be any aposles left by the time the battle is over. That might seem like a somewhat extreme speculation, but one's got to consider that it would, in a way, be conviennt for Griffith; Right now people "accepts" the "Monster Army" because that they were saved by it.

However... When the battles were over people might start to put two and two together and be much less willing to support to the Apostle-army, which could create trouble for Griffith. Not to mention that the apostles in general still seems to be quite eager to practice their former pleasures, as we could see when Sonia and Mule went through the camp of the Apostles. If it weren't for Griffith's generals, who keep them in check, then chance is that things would become "uncomfortable" for the people living close to the Monster Army quite quickly, so if Griffith got rid of them, it could save him trouble int he long run. But of coruse, even if most of the apostles were to perish, I'd bet that the generals and perhaps a few others would survive...

Also, one might wonder when Griffith are going to start using human soldiers in battle... Not that they might be able to do much against the Daka and the other creations of Ganishka, but still...

korkor

I could be a llama

and who said griffith would really care about the people once he is the king??

maybe he just wants a country filled with apostles :p

Dark Wanderer

korkor said:
and who said griffith would really care about the people once he is the king??

maybe he just wants a country filled with apostles :p

Why he'd are abotu the people? Well simply put, because that there can be no kingdom without it's people. But that Griffith may want a country with only apostles, or filled with apostle-like people (people infected by Mandragora and/or other apostles... Truly a "Kingdom of Darkness"...) isn't a bad throught either. Who knows what he will do once he is a king? Start to show his dark side? Continue in the same way as before, actiong like a saviour? We won't know before the war is over and Griffith is crowned King of Midland... And we might not even know then, since Griffith may set out to conquer the world by then...

Dark Wanderer said:
Also, one might wonder when Griffith are going to start using human soldiers in battle...

Wasn't he already using human soldiers back in that volume you referred to? The spirits of the dead soliders were human, and I thought it was mentioned that they'd died in the battle that day. Also, Mule sees a training session in progress, and all those guys looked human.

miurafan said:
Wasn't he already using human soldiers back in that volume you referred to? The spirits of the dead soliders were human, and I thought it was mentioned that they'd died in the battle that day. Also, Mule sees a training session in progress, and all those guys looked human.

Could those spirits be those of Mule's soldiers or some fallen in the past, for example those executed by the Kushans back in the castle when Griffith first appeared? We have seen some of both those groups die but I don't recall seeing any human in Griffith's battle forces that day.
And about those training in the camp, I guess this is a normal thing for Griffith's human followers, even if he doesn't actually need them. He wants to convince people about a certain view or aspect about him: by making them feel usefull like that, he gets them think what they should be doing in a way that also dictates (defines) how they should consider him (their war hero).

Dark Wanderer

miurafan said:

Well, he haven't used any humans in any battles we've seen so far. Mule and Sonia are exceptations; Sonia have her unusal abilites as a "windreader" or whatever, and Mule attacked before Griffith did, so Griffith might as well just have seized the opportuny to attack them at the same time, while the kushians were too focused on Mule's attack to notice the Neo-Hawks. and as for those spirits.. Refering to the spirits he "summoned" at that gathering? Well, if so I have to say that he haven't used those spirits in battle yet as far as we are aware of, and rather than calling them "humans", I'd call them "undead", which is not quite the same thing...

And about those training in the camp, I guess this is a normal thing for Griffith's human followers, even if he doesn't actually need them. He wants to convince people about a certain view or aspect about him: he makes them thing what they should do, how they should consider him by making them feel usefull.

Hmm, good point, so he's making them a "toy army", so to speak; an army he may use to do small stuff, while he uses his apostles to do the greater stuff...

Dark Wanderer said:
Well, he haven't used any humans in any battles we've seen so far.

I was positive he had, so I went back and looked at the Kushan/Mule/Neo-Hawk fight in 23. There are human soldiers; they're with Griffith. You can see them behind him, on horseback, as he charges in. It's right before he sails over those Kushan soldiers and lops off their general's head.

All the soldiers with Zodd, Grunbeld, Locus, Irvine and Rakshas (out there in the woods) are not human. They get most of the focus from Miura, so maybe that's how it's easier to overlook the human cavalry with Griffith, but they're there. They just don't come on-scene until the apostle captains have pretty much done all the major work.

And these aren't Mule's soldiers, because none of Mule's soldiers were mounted; the ones in the panels I looked at were all on foot.

Yes Miurafan is right about the cavalry that is following Griffith.
Anyway, pay attention that as those soldiers are following Griffith, not other apostles are mixed there.
Griffith leads in front of them then he makes a couple of supernatural jumps and takes the general's head. Then he turns and shouts at them: "I' ve taken the general... "
How he would make those Midlanders feel about him, eh? ;)

Edit: anyway has anuone thought the chance that those lights around Griffith and the spirits everyone saw was an illusion he gave them of what they wanted to see? Just speculating...

xechnao said:
Griffith leads in front of them then he makes a couple of supernatural jumps and takes the general's head. Then he turns and shouts at them: "I' ve taken the general... "

Yeah, that scene remind me of Griff in the past, he looked so human that it is hard to believe that kind of expression was actually the Femto with that cold scary look

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!

xechnao said:

Edit: anyway has anuone thought the chance that those lights around Griffith and the spirits everyone saw was an illusion he gave them of what they wanted to see? Just speculating...

But the thing is how long will he be able to make the Midlanders belive in him...sooner or later the true nature of the New Band of the Hawks will become clear to the normal folk...and then we will have to see how the story develops...by the way I still think that the church or the Vatican will still have something to say in this story...because if Griffith wants to marry Charlotte then it will have to do it with the blessing of the church that was usual in the Middle Age...and if the Church becomes wind from the nature of the NBoH, then it will be a troubled wedding...at least... ;D

To the point of those lights...I dont think its an illusion I belive is just like Flora once said that no everyone can see in the different layers or dimension...and Griffith just shows them were the dead are going or the path they are taking... ;D

lordofmasks

LordofMasks said:
and Griffith just shows them were the dead are going or the path they are taking... ;D

Don't they go to the vortex of souls?
Ain't all destined to go there, at least when Phemto was a GH?

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!

Thats what I nmeant...thats why I dont understand ur speculation about the Illusion...its not an illution... :p

lordofmasks

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Olivier Hague said:

Oh SORRY!!! I see you couldn't figure out that I actully ment 236 so whatever. Ill rewrite my post again for you since you just make a one word post about me, when its obvious i made a mistake.

korkor the hard assed said:
its actually 18 pages, and look at the first post....

Well what ever. Maybe i will reword my post for you hard assed picky people.

Wow, you people have really milked this post dry.

Cant wait for 236 for another 17-23 pages of kickass

And no, One corrective respose is not milking somthing, just read the original one a couple posts up...

God this is really getting old

Happy now, hardasses? Because im not editing/removing this post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom