Episode 237

Status
Not open for further replies.
waqas said:
You drew negative attention because your opinion was contradictory to the accepted facts of the topic. What made it worse is that, when confronted with these facts from the text, you chose to ignore them and make up your own "facts" that you garnered from your imagination.

In other words, you were and are WRONG.
waqas, I just said that what Skully has said, there is a case that it could be a bit elusive if taken 100% directly (to get my point think what Obi Whan said to Luke about his father(that he was dead) in the first place ;)) , and this for a reason. I didn't just make this up just for the fun of it: I put it that way because the berserker armour so well explains Skully's status now. And if you remember, Shielke said that another person died in a berserker armour (the one of the guy with the sword in hand bleeding). If the berserker armor eternally sustains the od as Skully has said it made inside my head DING!DING!: undead skully must be in a berserk armour or something like that. This is the reason I drove to the above conclusion, of Skully's words not having a 100% direct meaning. And I also believe what I made up could fit the situation and Skully's character in the story a bit well (we know Skully is a bit mysterious with people like Guts in the things he says to them . Maybe he doesn't want to give them the impression that he influences them in their decisions, dunno).

Anyway, your point about facts I made with my imagination has allready been stressed and I' ve tried to reply as best I can. That is again to respect the DING!DING! the story has made in my mind about Skully's status, berserk armour properties, what Shielke has said about the other man and what Zodd also said to Skully when they saw Guts in the berserk armour (I mean if Zodd exists for 300 years and saw Guts in that armour, how could he parallel him with Skully that died and put that armour 1000 years ago? Yes, I know there is a way to answer this a different way but this put together with the other facts (what Shielke said, Skully's explanation of the berserker armour's proprieties and Skullys status, I believe, create a more solid image to not put in doubt than Skully's directness in the sentence "Yes, I wore that armour once").
 
You're not making sense. Why would SK be in a berserk armor. He died in it. Someone removed it, most likely Flora. He came back demonish. Remember now, the armor can make the owner a demon. that's what it did for him. Guts has his (SK's) armor. Skull Knight is now in the form that the armor created for him. Just as if Guts were killed in the armor he would come back very similar to his inner beast. You really need to move past the whole "there are more than one berserk armor" theory. It's not a good one and you have nothing concrete to back it up with. You are taking the simplest and the most obvious things about this manga and blowing them a little bit out of proportion here. Reread the manga and try to understand it like the rest of us do.
 

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
All your doing is fueling xechnaos fire. Your responses is his gasoline. Hes trying really hard to hit that 1000 marker.

If you ask me this thread should be locked by now.
 

nir085

Horse and Armor
Well, uh, getting back to the actual commentary on 237...
It was interesting, even though it was just an extended conversation. And I'm definitely glad to see Skull Knight back in the picture again. He seems to be visiting Gutts much more frequently as the story progresses. Perhaps he will join them after all. I wouldn't at all be surprised if SK, Flora, and Hanafubukusomething King were collectively a party, where SK replaced Gutts, Flora replaced Schierke, and Hana replaced Puck (I guess the rest just died considering the *speculated* fact that they were probably human).
 

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
nir085 said:
Well, uh, getting back to the actual commentary on 237...
It was interesting, even though it was just an extended conversation. And I'm definitely glad to see Skull Knight back in the picture again. He seems to be visiting Gutts much more frequently as the story progresses. Perhaps he will join them after all. I wouldn't at all be surprised if SK, Flora, and Hanafubukusomething King were collectively a party, where SK replaced Gutts, Flora replaced Schierke, and Hana replaced Puck (I guess the rest just died considering the *speculated* fact that they were probably human).
Maybe Im just being ignorant here but, SK defenetly knows something about Gats (maybe his "destiny" or whatever) but its pretty clear that eventually him and Gats weel team up eventually
 

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
DemonX said:
All your doing is fueling xechnaos fire. Your responses is his gasoline. Hes trying really hard to hit that 1000 marker.

If you ask me this thread should be locked by now.
Why are you afraid of this? Is something amazing going to happen? Is Xechnao, after reaching 1000 posts, suddenly going to become some kind of "Super-Troll" and take over the entire board? Or will he simply continue to be the the pain-in-the-ass that he's always been?

Stay tuned to find out SK.net fans!

nomad said:
Maybe Im just being ignorant here but, SK defenetly knows something about Guts (maybe his "destiny" or whatever) but its pretty clear that eventually him and Guts weel team up eventually
I've always felt that Skully will eventually join the rest of the new gang, but I doubt that he knows Guts' "destiny" as such. He probably has suspicions based on what he know about guts but I haven't read anything in the manga that suggests that Skully knows whats going to happen in the future. Though he does seem to have some powers of foresight, he only seems capable of reacting to the actions of the God-hand, though anyone is more than welcome to prove me wrong on this. :-\
 
This is what I forsee happening:

I think once Griffith has dealt with Ganishka he will turn his attention towards Elfhelm. And if sorcery can match the power of apostles then it will sure make for one hell of a battle.

I don't think Griffith even thought about that place yet. And since you got the holy knights or whatever stationed at the port, and there will probably be Kushan soldiers there. I think when Guts and his group get there he's gonna carve a path between the two groups so they can be on their way. It'll be that little scuffle that will alert Griffith to their location and their plans.

Once Griffith turns his attention towards Elfhelm he'll send a large group of apostles to test the waters and then come at them with his full force. I'm willing to bet that this will be Guts' and Griffith's next encounter. Who knows, maybe they'll have a duel in which Guts gets owned in a major way. And we'll probably see a cured Caska come face to face with Griffith.

Guts will probably get possesed by the beast again when he sees Griffith and it will be the sight of a cured Caska that will snap him out of it this time.

The ground work is being laid for some really cool upcomming stuff.
 
dwarfkicker said:
This is what I forsee happening:

I think once Griffith has dealt with Ganishka he will turn his attention towards Elfhelm. And if sorcery can match the power of apostles then it will sure make for one hell of a battle.

I don't think Griffith even thought about that place yet. And since you got the holy knights or whatever stationed at the port, and there will probably be Kushan soldiers there. I think when Guts and his group get there he's gonna carve a path between the two groups so they can be on their way. It'll be that little scuffle that will alert Griffith to their location and their plans.

Once Griffith turns his attention towards Elfhelm he'll send a large group of apostles to test the waters and then come at them with his full force. I'm willing to bet that this will be Guts' and Griffith's next encounter. Who knows, maybe they'll have a duel in which Guts gets owned in a major way. And we'll probably see a cured Caska come face to face with Griffith.

Guts will probably get possesed by the beast again when he sees Griffith and it will be the sight of a cured Caska that will snap him out of it this time.

The ground work is being laid for some really cool upcomming stuff.

I am quite amaze you actually post the same thing over thehawk there...


Well regarding what you said... the only thing i disagree is about Griffith knowing nothing about Elfhelm... In fact i am rather sure that he does know, just that he didnt want to take action because he got a tough foe to deal with it first (Ganishka)... Wait till he ascended the throne of midland and conquer the whole country including Kushan's one, he will then focus his attention on the last and the only place which will post a dangerous threat to his empire in the future... Elfhelm, the last fortress for humanity and good before evil bind the world in the darkness...

I am quite sure there will definitely be a major battle (in fact maybe final) between Elfhelm and the hawks, where Guts, Caska and Griffith will meet face to face, their dialogue between them will be awesome and unforgetable...
 
Yeah I know I posted the same thing over at the Hawks boards (copy and paste is a wonderful thing) but not everyone here goes there so I'm just putting in my two cents. Plus, it beats having this thread turn into a complete arguement with xechnao right?
 
Here's some food for thought: the king of elfhelm can help caska's mind return to normal, can he also help heal gatt's mind? maybe give him stronger reign over the beast?
 

korkor

I could be a llama
kkempter said:
Here's some food for thought: the king of elfhelm can help caska's mind return to normal, can he also help heal gatt's mind? maybe give him stronger reign over the beast?
but isnt that what we love about gutz?
 
well.... yeah.... but i'd still like for him to remain human. if he lost control to the beast we'd miss out on his winning personality? ;D and there has to be breaks from the violence every once in a while, no need to have him die from overexertion, or pass out like he did back when farneze took him prisioner. i think it'd be more badass if he was able to drop into berserker mode and then come back out after some serious ass-kicking and show them that he didn't even break a sweat. i'm mostly just thinking of the safety of his group at the moment. no need to have him going around biting peoples nipples off, nipples are very important to some people...
 

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
waqas said:
Is Xechnao, after reaching 1000 posts, suddenly going to become some kind of "Super-Troll" and take over the entire board?
Yes


Anyways, Guts beast is definitly gonna cause problems when/if caska regains her sanity. Count on the beast to break guts and caska up.
 
People are saying how Guts might decide not to pursue Griffith if Caska decides not to go chasing after revenge. I bet if Caska is killed by Griffith, Guts will go on a raging warpath of destruction. I have a nagging thought in the back of my mind that something bad is gonna happen with Caska. Wether she dies or maybe joins up with Griffith, either outcome has a chance of comming true.
 

korkor

I could be a llama
dont know about caska dying, but maybe kidnap...

and for some reason i think guts has survived at some points because of the beast... it is a part of him... he wouldnt be guts without it
 

nir085

Horse and Armor
Smith said:
... Elfhelm, the last fortress for humanity and good before evil bind the world in the darkness...

I am quite sure there will definitely be a major battle (in fact maybe final) between Elfhelm and the hawks, where Guts, Caska and Griffith will meet face to face, their dialogue between them will be awesome and unforgetable...
Why does Elfheim have to be the "last fortress"? From what I am guessing, Elfheim is no Minas Tirith. If everything ends at Elfheim in one gigantic blaze of glory and bloodshed, then that would be way too predictable of an ending for a very unpredictable story. There is bound to be at least another battle between Gutts party (whoever they end up being) and Griffith's party (whoever they end up being), but I hope that is not the end to the series.

DemonX said:
Anyways, Guts beast is definitly gonna cause problems when/if caska regains her sanity. Count on the beast to break guts and caska up.
Woohoo for the Beast then!

As for the Beast dominating Gutts mind, I think and hope that Gutts will channel the hardcore rage that he gets from the beast into a more powerful kind of fighting rather than unharnessed, often prurient, energy.

The way I see it, Gutts will eventually become like a mix between his Black Swordsman self and his Commander of the Hawks Raiders self.
 

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Since Guts has fought all his life, and considering the parallels between Godo and Guts, maybe Guts' last stand agianst Griffith won't be a fight at all.

Or won't be resolved with a fight.
 

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
dwarfkicker said:
I really hope that's not the case. Guts and Griffith need to have an epic duel. One that takes up a whole volume.
Make that two. And while that is happening, Sk is facing off with void. And also while that is happening, Ishirdo is kicking mules ass. And while that is happening, Caska, Shierk (bah who cares about spelling anyways), Farneese, and Seprico will be kicking the apostle army's AZZ! (shit, there i go)
 

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
waqas said:
I've always felt that Skully will eventually join the rest of the new gang, but I doubt that he knows Guts' "destiny" as such. He probably has suspicions based on what he know about guts but I haven't read anything in the manga that suggests that Skully knows whats going to happen in the future. Though he does seem to have some powers of foresight, he only seems capable of reacting to the actions of the God-hand, though anyone is more than welcome to prove me wrong on this. :-\
OK for some reason I cant post any images... but on Gatts's reunion with SK after the Eclipse...while He starts making his declaraion of war against the demons...SK clearly says " Ive Found you.... You are truly the light that shines in the dark place"... In my little ignorant world I took it as he has been waiting for this moment...as of he predicted that somebody will make some changes... meaning...he probably might know what Gatts's future might be... thats just my opinion...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom