Episode 237

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sin__lust

namayias said:
sex three times ( if you include the gambino incident)
remember beginning of volume 1 when he was sexing up the apostle woman.

~~that is a monster sex :'(~~

~~and about Griffith and Charlotte

~~my theory:they will make a baby first~~ and the baby will eat Charlotte after he/she is born~~~.......sounds odd? :-\

yeah, of course, the demon bitch at the start making 3 times. Though deciding if that counts is a hard one that gets into a metaphysical dilemma, there may have been penetration but he probably didnt have much chance to finish up with her trying to kill him and all.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, this is going to be the first current chapter thread to get locked before we even have a summary of the chapter, let alone scans. Could you guys shut up? Take this little conversation about how many monsters Guts has "stabbed" (OMGLOL!) to the trash can.

I can't wait for Wednesday when Hague's summary will wash this filth away.

-Griffith

I don't understand how we go from a picture of Guts all armored up in the moonlight to "how many people has Guts boned." Put that shit in the Character Cove or Miscellaneous sections.

*Waits for Saiya to come in and lay down the law*

P

PsychoJavexx

Chapter Summary!

Skully: Your daddy's noodles... *leaves*
Guts: Come back here! He left again...

Chapter Summary! End

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Following the easiest(stupidest) path of interpretation:

Divined Omen

An omen that has been discovered through divination. This would definitely fit the profile of something Skully would be telling Guts. It's a warning, and since divination is not always 100% accurate, what comes out of it isn't clear as crystal. Besides, I think Miura gets off on hinting about things to the readers, and uses SK to do so from time to time.

PsychoJavexx said:
You can't fire me! I'm not a pirate!

Shut up

Griffith said:
Wow, this is going to be the first current chapter thread to get locked before we even have a summary of the chapter, let alone scans. Could you guys shut up? Take this little conversation about how many monsters Guts has "stabbed" (OMGLOL!) to the trash can.

I can't wait for Wednesday when Hague's summary will wash this filth away.

-Griffith

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Well... I for one can't help but wait in anticipation of the adventure of the slightly black swordsman...

But seriously. Does anyone but me wonder what Skullknight will have to say about ~Gatts~ new armour? After all it have had a huge impact on him already, and I can't help but wonder if Skullknight's appearance is due to that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oooh, an unexpected co-ed slumberparty! I didn't expect Poopsie to get in on the late-night chat. I still wonder if she's met Skully before or perhaps was told about him by Flora. She seemed to recognize him in ep. 221.

As the domain name infers, I like long, cryptic Skull Knight talks. A lot.

Olivier Hague said:
How the hell am I supposed to summarize that?...
Er... Guts, Schierke and the Skull Knight talk. A lot.
Well, basically...

What happens:
Guts and Schierke talk.
The Skull Knight appears.
They all talk.
It looks like the Skull Knight leaves again at the end of the episode.

They do talk about a lot of things, but I'll focus on the "new revelations"...

What we learn:
It was hinted in the previous episode and it's now confirmed: Guts is losing his senses because of his armor. There are colors he can't see anymore or won't be able to see anymore eventually, he's losing his taste, his hands are trembling, etc. If he keeps using his armor, he'll lose many more things. Light, voice, warmth...
The Skull Knight did wear Guts' Berserk armor, a long time ago.
He and Flora were still mortal back then, and they were friends (a bit like Guts and Shierke are now).
Guts and Schierke believed they could control the armor, but the Skull Knight explains that it will _always_ be dangerous (and when Guts later hears about Griffith, the armor indeed starts to transform). Apparently, it's not impossible for Guts to remain human, but it won't be easy.
Griffith attacked Flora because a witch is a bigger threat than a ten thousand men army, as far as he's concerned.
The Skull Knight says that the "king of the fairies" (called "Hanafubuku Ô", and I really don't know how to translate that right now) lives at Elfhelm. Schierke knows about him, as he's mentioned in sorcery books, but also in poems and tales. According to the Skull Knight, he should be able to cure Casca.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great googly moogly... That's quite a series of revelations: Confirming a previous and oblique clue to Skully and Flora's past. I'm hoping for at least a panel or two of Flora and Skully from 1000 years ago. And a King of Faeries? I honestly didn't expect Casca to be cured for a longer period than the DC Game's "cameo appearance". I guess I'm just a pessimist.

Thanks, as always Olivier.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Olivier Hague said:
The Skull Knight says that the "king of the fairies" (called "Hanafubuku Ô", and I really don't know how to translate that right now) lives at Elfhelm. Schierke knows about him, as he's mentioned in sorcery books, but also in poems and tales. According to the Skull Knight, he should be able to cure Casca.

OMG, hope for casca? To be honest I'm mighty skeptical that the fairy king will be the answer to her troubles.

Casca has been in her mental state for such a long time now, it seems very unlike Miura to simply hand them salvation on a plate. Although it will likely be very difficult actually getting too the fairy king, and who knows what will hapeen when they get to elfhelm? There is no reason to assume that the king will be a nice guy. A lot to think about...

Ahh...I feel kind of disappointed at how cursed the armor is. It was all hinted at beforehand, though, through its visual association with Skullknight (with the skull-shaped helm, etc.) I wonder about Casca, but speculating on that would open a whole other can of worms.

So Skully leaves as usual...I wonder what exactly he's doing. I was hoping he'd reveal some of his agenda for once. I guess if something goes down in Elfhelm, though, he might reappear.

Olivier Hague said:
According to the Skull Knight, he should be able to cure Casca.

WTF? Finally we can get to see the chance for Caska to recover again... Yay there is hope for her now!!! ;D

Does SK reveal a lot about his past and his relation or history with Gaiseric?

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Smith said:
WTF? Finally we can get to see the chance for Caska to recover again... Yay there is hope for her now!!! ;D

Does SK reveal a lot about his past and his relation or history with Gaiseric?

Re-read Olivier's post, he said he has only focused on the "new revelations", hence nothing else mentioned was new.

To be honest though, I don't think Skully will reveal more about himself during one of these cosy little chats, he's probably put Guts on a "need to know basis", so I think think he'll reveal more when hew feels he has to.

Though that's just speculation on my part..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Holy hell yeah! That is pretty damn impressive. I'm glad the armor issues aren't solved at all, I can't wait to see Guts get more rough and fucked up as time goes on, ultimate struggles within rock. ;)

So I guess Guts was lying in the last issue after he ate the food. I also wonder if there is a lot more white hair in Guts' future. Let's say his hair goes totally white and his appearance ages about 10 to 15 years: Guts final form will BE Rutger Hauer. ;D

waqas said:
Re-read Olivier's post, he said he has only focused on the "new revelations", hence nothing else mentioned was new.

To be honest though, I don't think Skully will reveal more about himself during one of these cosy little chats, he's probably put Guts on a "need to know basis", so I think think he'll reveal more when hew feels he has to.

Though that's just speculation on my part..

Yeah, it makes sense that he wouldn't just start babbling about himself. "Hey, let me tell you all about me and my past, because the audience really wants to hear it!" But, I think it will hapen eventually under the correct circumstances. I mean, Guts has never asked and doesn't give a shit, but maybe later when they can better relate to each other. 8)

BTW...

skully2.jpg

Skull Knight: "I know of a one surviving wanderer of survival death! A great fairy king, that may cure that branded woman of yours with the big... hair."

pocketguts.jpg

Guts: "Oh wow! Gee, thanks for letting me know Skully... THREE FUCKIN' YEARS LATER ASSHOLE!"

skbutt.jpg

Skull Knight: "I... had other things on my mind. I was doing a lot of Behelits back then. I mean, what sober person crashes through an eclipsed sun on a horse? God, I was fucked up." *shrugs*​

I'm kinda dissapointed that Farnese, Serpico, and Isidro didn't get to meet Skully. Just their reactions would be awesome, and when's the rest of the crew going to meet the secret 7th member?

-Griffith

P.S. I hope the fairy King just looks FLAMING! =)

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
dwarfkicker said:
It's about time things start to look up for Caska and Guts. But knowing Miura, it'll probably take a few volumes.

I agree in respect to Caska, but I think things are looking pretty grim for Guts. The very thing that has kept him alive recently is slowly destroying him from the inside. Like any drug, the armour is providing Guts' body with a high, but each time he puts it on his body is becoming more reliant on the high it provides and is beginning to ignore its normal sensory functions when the armour is not worn.

Of course Guts can simply stop putting on the armour to slowly recover - its not physically addictive like a normal drug is - but he knows he needs it to surivive his confrontations with his enemies.

In other words, our man is fucked.

I think eventually Guts will get rid of the armor before it destroys him. Could you imagine the battles he would fight after that. He would be going all out as if he had the armor and end up getting pummeled a few times. You watch, Guts will rely on that armor too much that he won't be able to get his groove back right away if and when he loses it. Then again, this is all mindless speculatioin on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom