Episode 237

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lestat

I'm a llama!
Hi everyone, I'm new here, but I won't commit the same usual mistakes which bother everyone! I read your rules quite carefully Saya! Anyway, what I want to say is that I kinda have an idea of why Flora meant a threat to Griffith. The reason he sent part of his army to defeat her is not that she could defeat his soldiers using magic: witches are dangerous because they know that Griffith is the Hawk of Darkness, and that he's evil.
I explain myself better, I think, reminding you guys of what Shierke said when she first saw him: "The Hawk of Darkness will be the lord of the Black Sheeps (apostles and, in general, evil creatures that obey to the GH) and of the white BLIND sheeps".
Now, the real power of Griffith is his supernatural charisma, that allows him to be considered by most of humans a saviour. When we talk about black sheeps and white blind sheeps, it means there have to be white sheeps who CAN SEE THAT GRIFFITH IS EVIL. These are Guts, Shierke and Flora. And probably a lot more people down in Elfhelm.

Griffith said:
he's probably both a wizard and an Apostle.

Yeah i thought of that too... So that why he may actually know that Elfhelm exist...

Anyway i think that for Ganishka case, he should be a powerful magician or archmage that was ousted by the rest of member (someone like Flora), there he lose all his ambitions and sarcrifice all those important to him, where he receive extraordinary power that could rival with Zodd, Grunbeld, Locus etc... His immortality power and magic combined with special apostle power give him the guts to challenge GH. That is of course, not without having to attain the highest level of magic possible...

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
If Caska is cured is there any reason to expect her to go charging after Griffith with Guts?

She may deal with what Griffith did during the eclipse in a very different manner then Guts, not with anger, but with resignation. And that certainly would put an interesting spin on Guts' motivations. Up to this point he's been having a hate-on for Griffith for what he did to Casca, but if she refuses to feel angry about it, or take revenge, then what is he really fighting for?

Caska's pain? Or the pain of a boy who couldn't win the one time he really needed to?

Me & my roommate were discussing that yesterday too. The part of Berserk I like best, I think, is that it's the greatest plausible mind fuck imaginable to poor Gatts. So if I had to guess, Casca will not be pleased with what Gatts is doing. She may even suggest fighting WITH Griffith. After all, he's done some pretty bad things, but he does seem like the only option for a lasting peace. Though I doubt that.

I think she'll probably want Gatts to stop fighting & settle down with her, especially if she remembers the ecclipse. I doubt she'll have the will to fight after all that, plus she's probably in much worse physical shape than she used to, & out of practice with a sword.

So I think a re-examination of why he fights would certainly be in order, as you suggest. My guess is that he'll end up actually fighting for something other than revenge & other personal reasons, & he'll have to take up the sword to prevent Griffith from assuming the throne (though it'd be nice if he did get to relax for a bit first & at least try to settle down with Casca fora year or two). The Holy See's prophecy's seem to suggest (assuming Griffith is the Dark Hawk, or antichrist, or whatever) that if Griffith takes the throne, it'll be a new Dark Age. Which is really saying something in the Berserk universe, where it's already a pretty Dark Age. Maybe a Even-More-Nightmarishly-Horrific-than-Usual Age. Probably not a Fun-for-the-Whole-Family Age, at any rate.

Also, I really like the phrase "hate-on."

If we get too far out here, just let me know & I'll move it to the Speculation area. As it is, I think this is stuff we may see happening within this volume, if not the next few chapters.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Now we're talking! Good to see you back, Fletch. The Casca, Guts, Griffith angle is the one I've been looking most forward to since Griffith's rebirth and what happened at Godo's. Casca rounds out the big three in the story, and her coming back is going to affect everything. The best part is, anything can happen. She may still love and forgive Griffith despite what he's done to her and Guts. She may just want to stay away from him too, let it go, live happily ever after with Guts and let Griffith have his dream. Maybe she'll see Guts' point of view and understand a need for vengeance or justice. Maybe she'll just want to talk to Griffith and see what happens (maybe she'll think he's already lost his dream and try to convince him to stop). At the same time, a lot of these possibilities will hurt Guts. If she is still hung up on her Griffith worship, how's he going to feel? If after what Griffith did to her, she still won't stand up for herself, what's that going to do to Guts?

Okay, throw all those possibilities and anything else you can think of out the window. Griff's technically her child now. Holy Shit. That complicates the situation just a bit; now it's not just a matter of Casca and her feelings for Griffith, but the child as well. Will she decide Griffith destroyed her child, first corrupting it, and now finally sacrificing it completly for himself? Or will she see her child, the last reminants of it anyway, in Griffith and love him anyway? Pretty interesting stuff.

Maybe she'll wake up and say, "Win!" liked in Rocky II. Anyway, I want a panel of Casca full on slapping Griffith down the road, and him looking disturbed as fuck by it. =)

nir085 said:
I envision Elfheim as a safehouse. Like a more intriguing and better developed Godo's place.

I think your forgetting why they're going to Elfhelm in the first place. ;)

Guts was going to put up his sword and take care of Casca rather than go after Griffith, and who showed up? I'm just saying, the same thing could easily happen again. Let's say Casca is cured, wants to just settle down for a while with him, and Guts finally has a piece of real happiness. Then Griffith attacks Elfhem.

Waiter, I'll have the Beast Armor alamode with elves on the side.

-Griffith

If Caska gets her sanity back and decides she wants to try and stop Guts from going after him because she still loves him i would lose alot of respect for her character.
Maybe if she try to stop him it would be out of fear of his life to try something that could easily be considered foolish for taking on the godhand, I could understand that but we all know there is no chance now that Guts is going to accept Griffiths actions lying down now.

Nosferatu

BERSERK
But, what about the whole dimensions merging since Griffith's rebirth thing. Evil is rapidly trancending over the whole Earth, and I'm pretty sure Elfhelm will be visible to humans in the future if not already. I don't believe there will be any settling down for Guts or Casca anytime soon. Griffith needs to be tighten up before the world completely transforms, and Guts somehow, someway is the man who will do it (of course I'm speculating). Causality will more than likely prevent Guts from just up and quitting now.

What I rather speculate on is Gut's Beherit!!! Since Guts is experiencing or may experience in the near future similar conditions to pre-Eclipse Griffith (the tortured one). Do you think Guts would use the Beherit on say a cured Caska, who doesn't love him anymore? A Caska who doesn't appreciate the sacrifices Guts has made in order to avenge her and the Hawks!?! Do you think the beast can persuade Guts to make that sacrifice?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Do I have to tell you what this is ?
http://homepage1.nifty.com/bluestone/berserk/animal/ya237.html

<> STORY<> SHIRUKE which looks at the sea of night, without the ability sleeping. While carrying out the guts and talk which mourned over the crack of the body, and could not sleep too, but have been done, it will begin to shed tears, without the ability finishing suppressing the sadness which lost the flora put up with until now. After stopping crying, it smiles with having felt it refreshed after a long time. some -- dimly -- &#12392; -- it &#22211; up in the atmosphere carried out at IBARERA, saying "a first love is such GOTSUI uncle ?" -- having -- SHIRUKE -- in a hurry . The knight of &#39633;&#39631; appears there. The present state of guts "losing some colors to an eye, a tongue loses the taste. If it indicates that shaking is choked with a fingertip" and continues having the armor on, I will predict that many things will be lost. But the language is rejected and guts and SHIRUKE bombard a question. The knight of SHIRUKE "relation between you and the teacher is ?" &#39633;&#39631; "self was friends. " SHIRUKE "exactly like present you -- had not you stuck this armor? knight "of" &#39633;&#39631; -- truly --" guts "-- did Griffith make a witch's mansion attack why? Knight "one magicians may become an obstacle from an army 10,000 strong for the hawk which is out of &#29702; this world" of" &#39633;&#39631; The knight of &#39633;&#39631; who finally tells hope to one. The Lord of a fairy who governs guts' destination is an owner "shower-of-falling-cherry-blossom-petals &#12367;&#29579;" of the power stated by the tradition. If it is the king's power and it is probably possible to regain the heart by which KYASUKA was lost -- >> It continues.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Woah! I just had a thought! Think about Skull Knight using the armor and what I said earlier about him losing his humanity, and the possibility Skully might have gained immortality from Godhand. Well, Guts has a behilit and now is wearing the armor. Guts is a parallel of sorts to Skull Knight's past since the whole causality thing, so what if way back when, Gaiseric had a behilit and lost his humanity (from the armor) and wanted it back so he used the behilit to summon Godhand, Godhand granted him his wish in turn for his Empire (thusly all the dead bodies at the bottom of Tower of Rebirth with brands on them) and then didn't get quite what he wished for, and was left as Skull Knight, and because of that, wants revenge on Void!!!!
WOAH!!! I think it's a great theory if I do say so myself.
Maybe this is why Skull Knight is worried so much about Guts wearing the armor.

I believe it's stated somewhere that someone who is already marked as a sacrifice can not be sacrificed a second time. So I don't think Guts will be sacrificing Caska. I heard that some where, but I'm not sure if it's a fact.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
dwarfkicker said:
I believe it's stated somewhere that someone who is already marked as a sacrifice can not be sacrificed a second time. So I don't think Guts will be sacrificing Caska. I heard that some where, but I'm not sure if it's a fact.

If you're thinking of the first three volumes, I believe that is is stated that one who is branded can not be a sacrifice for anyone else...

as far as I know there is no place where they actually say that a branded one can not use the behelit.

I for one wonder if they will even get off the shore, remember the warnings they got about the port a while back. Just finding a ship will be hard enough I think...

but i can't wait to read this conversation...

theblakeman said:
Think about Skull Knight using the armor and what I said earlier about him losing his humanity, and the possibility Skully might have gained immortality from Godhand.

When Flora and Skullknight were talking about causality (sparked by Skully looking at the armor and saying "it is causality"), Flora stated it was more of a spiral than a circle, and followed with "they (Guts + etc.) are not limited to the same path you and I have chosen,"...that, along with all the other allusions to Skullknight previously wearing the armor, made me think that Flora and Skully eventually faced a dire situation down the line and made a choice that resulted in the Skullknight we see now. I think all this is foreshadowing that Schierke and Guts will eventually face the same choice.

Mage said:
When Flora and Skullknight were talking about causality (sparked by Skully looking at the armor and saying "it is causality"), Flora stated it was more of a spiral than a circle, and followed with "they (Guts + etc.) are not limited to the same path you and I have chosen,"...that, along with all the other allusions to Skullknight previously wearing the armor, made me think that Flora and Skully eventually faced a dire situation down the line and made a choice that resulted in the Skullknight we see now. I think all this is foreshadowing that Schierke and Guts will eventually face the same choice.

I believe they might allready have been there. It could be about wearing the armour and Guts did wear it.
If I remember correct (and if not I want to be corrected if pos) Shielke said that the other man who put the armor on bleeded to death. If he was talking about Skullknight, indeed I can understand how Skully ended up being what he is, inside that skullarmour of his.
I mean, if Guts dies in the armour he might eternally be bound in it.
But Guts survived. Now the fact is that the armour is cursed which it could mean it is cursed by causality to destroy and bound the person inside.
Thus even if Guts doesn't bleed to death by simply wearing he could lose his humanity and become a spirit.
Don't know though :D. Just hinting a possibility.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
Thanks for the re-welcome, Griff. But yeah, I figure this will be one tremendous mind fuck for Gatts one way or another, & I'm quite looking forward to seeing how exactly it goes down.

Fishbomb said:
I for one wonder if they will even get off the shore, remember the warnings they got about the port a while back. Just finding a ship will be hard enough I think...

Would they get involved with the war raging between the kushans and midlanders? In vol23 i remember that the port was used to assemble the final fleet to fight against the Kushans...

I think they'll slash their way through any Kushans and then get the hell outta there. The commotion might even alert Griffith to their location and he'll end up figuring out their plans. Just a thought.

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
welcome to vol28

Welp I'm testing out BitTorrent. I'm sure most of you have used it once or twice, but if not go here http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ .

Hopefully one of the mods will post it on a webpage/first page of the post soon (i already tried msging saiya!) but for now this will have to do.

anyway here it is:

http://war3.dnsalias.com/berserk_vol28_ch237_RAW.zip.torrent

Suavo-kun

<33333
Yay! Thanks Bakou. I'm going to leave the bit torrent up for a week or so every night for others to download. I'm capping my upload to 15kb/s though. :-*

Some points/speculations.

There is a possibility at least one person would be against Guts and company to reside at Elfheim. One may think he's a bad omen and may cause war. Wait, Guts is a bad omen. Death follows him everywhere. Who would oppose him? A wizard? A fairy? A conservative? Who knows?

I don't believe Guts or Caska will ever live in peace. Griffith, like last time, went out in a jealousy rage seeing Guts and Caska together. And from what I remember, Griffiths' last dream was a peaceful life with Caska back before the apocalypse.

Also, wouldn't it be damn cool for all the wizards or witches and to have some sort of seance to upgrade (or fix) that armour and sword of his?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith said:
Now we're talking! Good to see you back, Fletch. The Casca, Guts, Griffith angle is the one I've been looking most forward to since Griffith's rebirth and what happened at Godo's. Casca rounds out the big three in the story, and her coming back is going to affect everything. The best part is, anything can happen. She may still love and forgive Griffith despite what he's done to her and Guts. She may just want to stay away from him too, let it go, live happily ever after with Guts and let Griffith have his dream. Maybe she'll see Guts' point of view and understand a need for vengeance or justice. Maybe she'll just want to talk to Griffith and see what happens (maybe she'll think he's already lost his dream and try to convince him to stop). At the same time, a lot of these possibilities will hurt Guts. If she is still hung up on her Griffith worship, how's he going to feel? If after what Griffith did to her, she still won't stand up for herself, what's that going to do to Guts?

Okay, throw all those possibilities and anything else you can think of out the window. Griff's technically her child now. Holy Shit. That complicates the situation just a bit; now it's not just a matter of Casca and her feelings for Griffith, but the child as well. Will she decide Griffith destroyed her child, first corrupting it, and now finally sacrificing it completly for himself? Or will she see her child, the last reminants of it anyway, in Griffith and love him anyway? Pretty interesting stuff.

Maybe she'll wake up and say, "Win!" liked in Rocky II. Anyway, I want a panel of Casca full on slapping Griffith down the road, and him looking disturbed as fuck by it. =)I think your forgetting why they're going to Elfhelm in the first place. ;)

Guts was going to put up his sword and take care of Casca rather than go after Griffith, and who showed up? I'm just saying, the same thing could easily happen again. Let's say Casca is cured, wants to just settle down for a while with him, and Guts finally has a piece of real happiness. Then Griffith attacks Elfhem.

Waiter, I'll have the Beast Armor alamode with elves on the side.

-Griffith

Guts DID made a declaration of War right after the Eclipse... and so far even when Caska was fine, Guts intended to look for his dream with or without her. He invited her but he was still going after it... @ least as far as I know (not to throw u a rock rock or something...just an observation) and so far, Guts has been a man of his word... I dont think that even Caskas opinion wont do much to his goal, or maybe Im being ignorant ;D

puella

Berserk forever
Olivier Hague said:
The Skull Knight says that the "king of the fairies" (called "Hanafubuku Ô", and I really don't know how to translate that right now) lives at Elfhelm.

Well, as far as I know, the first three kanji is pronounced "hanafubuki" which means "flowers falling in the wind/ a flower drift/ a storm of falling (cherry) blossoms".
But I can't figure out the kana "ku". I guess it means some district or territory or just some word effect, maybe?

So I'd like to call the king " king of flower storm". It sounds fucking odd? :p

Anyway, the king interests me so much.
Ah ah ah Skullknight tell us more!

Thanks Bakou. As long as people keep seeding, bit torrent should be fine.

It seems the little flashback with Flora may have given a hint as to what kind of creatures the band might encounter on the seas...mermaids, sea serpents...the other page in her book has something that looks like a persian/arab (kushan?) with chicken drumstick legs. ???
Great art in this chapter.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
HOLY SHIT! Well that was awesome (except page 11, I could have done without that)! I was glad to see the beast mask back, and the way it almost swallowed him, my God Miura is the man. Also, doesn't look like Skully took off at the end, usually makes some kind of exit, I hope he's sticking around for a change. Anyway, the torrent works, but call me old fashioned...

www.skullknight.net/griffith/01.jpg

I'll put both in the first post of the thread as well. Thanks Bakou.

-Griffith

P.S. I just wanted to be the first to say: Skully. Healing Factor. Yes.

roberto999

Thanks Bakou :)

Anyway in the page were they speak about the King of the elves there is indeed a panel with a shower of petals

"shower-of-falling-cherry-blossom-petals" just like nifty did transalte is name

The Lord of a fairy who governs guts' destination is an owner "shower-of-falling-cherry-blossom-petals &#12367;&#29579;" of the power stated by the tradition.

And Caska suddenly appears just when they where speaking about a hope to cure her...mmm

roberto999

puella said:
But I can't figure out the kana "ku". I guess it means some district or territory or just some word effect, maybe?
Ku is not the number 9 (nine) in japanese? ( the series of numbers of chinese origin)

Maybe he is the ninth king of his dinasty to bear that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom