Episode 237

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy

Oh no! Not hagued again !
Olivier Hague said:
And you don't call anybody "king" anyway...
It depends on who/where/what "king" you are...
And now you're mentionning it, I've never been called "Emperor of assholes", "Emperor of the retards", etc.
Not yet.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
iggy said:
It depends on who/where/what "king" you are...
And now you're mentionning it, I've never been called "Emperor of assholes", "Emperor of the retards", etc.
Not yet.

Thus, my point before.

-Griffith

It could also be a medieval type bitch "flirting" phrase. Ya know, a bitch calling to her buddy: "be now the king of my castle" or something like that.
Lol, could she have called him "my knight"? Propablly yes, but according medieval etiquette it could also be a bit strange for Slann to say as Skully has no ruler to serve. A spicy comment in the situation as "my king" would be more appropriate IMHO (a prostitute doesn't call the man "my knight", she better calls him "my king" ;)).
Now, back off! I am not saying that this is what happened, I am just being devil's advocate against the point...well, you know what point.

Anyway, Griffith, you said that the 1000 years parallel doesn't make much sense to you yet. I' ld like to ask a question about it. We've said so far that every 1000 years somebody like Griffith comes to earth (the one of the conqueror king egg). I myself ain't sure either that this has been happening over the past millenia and actually the millenium of the hawk could be the first one. But in the case it isn't (and most people believe it's not) there must be such a man 1000 years ago like Griffith. This is where I based my thought that the most known legendary figure, let's say as a king, of 1000 years ago should be somebody that has something to do(parallel speaking) with the current situation. What do you have to say about that?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Aww chill out!^^

I'd like to say that
1-The story Charlotte told is a story back from 1000 years ago and it cannot be taken as a FACT. What I mean is : Guts could be called the worst killer ever, Dark Hawk etc and that doesn't change him, that he's able to have friends and fight against the GH... Consider a minute the Gaiseric story had been told and retold for 1000 years, it has surely been transformed with time.
2-Xechnao you're talking out of reason. "Gaiberib"=Ganishka is more than wrong and the point of several berserk amors seem nul to me, not to talk about SK being the king of elves... why not telling us Guts is an elf, now ? ::)

Nothing to add for now, I think...
Guil

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Xechnao is probably gonna spam a lot more shit now because hes almost at that 1000 post point.
What is there to talk about? Skully is Gaiseric. Period.

Guil-BANNED! said:
Aww chill out!^^

I'd like to say that
1-The story Charlotte told is a story back from 1000 years ago and it cannot be taken as a FACT. What I mean is : Guts could be called the worst killer ever, Dark Hawk etc and that doesn't change him, that he's able to have friends and fight against the GH... Consider a minute the Gaiseric story had been told and retold for 1000 years, it has surely been transformed with time.
Agreed. What are the facts then Guil? Propablly nothing trully solid and this is what I am saying.

Guil-BANNED! said:
2-Xechnao you're talking out of reason. "Gaiberib"=Ganishka is more than wrong and the point of several berserk amors seem nul to me, not to talk about SK being the king of elves... why not telling us Guts is an elf, now ? ::)

Guill, Guill, are you sure you read my entire posts? It really pisses me when for the "eleventh" time you come to accusse me of this and that when you haven't still get my spirit.

Anyway, let it go one more time.
So, why couldn't be that dwarves make a couple of berserk armours?
Check this also out (maybe because you want to flame ME, you'll now stop with this quote of Walter):
xechnao said:
Puck was percieving the dwarf curse-magic (of Skully's armour)
Walter said:
Can't we just label that as common knowledge at this point? I think Miura has established it pretty well.

And I Never said that Skullknight is the king of elves. Just said that there might be some kind of a relation as the emblem of Skully's shield is the rose and at the same time he seems to know things about him. It was just a random notice. Nothing more.

xechnao said:
Agreed. What are the facts then Guil? Propablly nothing trully solid and this is what I am saying.

I don't want to be implicated in that debat but.. since when are you talking about facts ? You were always used to said things without justifiying your thought with facts... i'm a bit confused

Griffith

xechnao said:

So we should consider every stupid, half-assed, off the wall possibility over the simplest solution? No offense, I mean this totally literally, but that’s a retarded way of examining a story. To the degree you doing it here, it’s a hindrance; how does it help you understand the story better? How can you properly speculate when you don't even have a firm base to go from? Facts take a back seat to your spirit of the possible and your stream of conscious speculation. So, half the time (and I’m being generous), you don’t even know what you’re talking about and you sound like a dumbass. This is probably why you think Skully cracked Roshinu’s Behelit open and squeezed the goo into his mouth (unless they really sex up those Italian editions). Or how about the Skully the friendly ghost theory in 236 because you didn’t know about Flora and Skully’s talk about his humanity? Your point of possibilities then becomes self-defeating. It’s like you can't hear the train rolling by until it's five feet in front of you. I’m not just flaming, I believe these are valid observations, and the reason so many people give you that "attitude" you despise so. It’s fine to be aware of possibilities, but when you invest too much thought in them, you’re going to lose focus of what the author has actually told you.

xechnao said:
It really pisses me when for the "eleventh" time you come to accusse me of this and that when you haven't still get my spirit.

Oh, I get your spirit.

Xstretch.jpg

Get it? It's Stretch, like "stretching the facts."
Boo!
8)​

-Griffith

Shurikn said:
I don't want to be implicated in that debat but.. since when are you talking about facts ? You were always used to said things without justifiying your thought with facts... i'm a bit confused

I am saying we have not enough facts to establish some things as common knowledge. There is a web of hints but, the web's net we have, still has enough complications to cast the clearence of any ipothesis or speculation.

What is known about Skullknight is that he has put on a berserk armour and that he and Flora have knonwn each other from when they were normal human mortals. We also know that many years ago there was built the tower of rebirth which keeps inside lots of branded corpses that most propablly belong to an event of a millenia ago. That's it and nothing more in my opinion what we have as an established fact.

Skullknight has said things that every 1000 years or so this happens but we don't know what this could mean exactly ( Griffith, in fact, dismisses such speculation till now. I am saying that we still don't know what sense this makes but certainly is a hint that complicates the story so far). Anyway, I believe Miura, deliberatelly does such a thing. There is still lots of mystery around and IMHO sounds dumb to yet defend to death that Skully's armour is not a berserker or it is for example. Similar about Gaiserick. Eventually, even if we accept one case or the other it will bring no more light to the facts of the story known above.

What Sparnage said is correct. We still have to wait some chapters to get some things clear we are talking about.

Griffith said:
So we should consider every stupid, half-assed, off the wall possibility over the simplest solution? No offense, I mean this totally literally, but that’s a retarded way of examining a story. To the degree you doing it here, it’s a hindrance; how does it help you understand the story better? How can you properly speculate when you don't even have a firm base to go from? Facts take a back seat to your spirit of the possible and your stream of conscious speculation. So, half the time (and I’m being generous), you don’t even know what you’re talking about and you sound like a dumbass. This is probably why you think Skully cracked Roshinu’s Behelit open and squeezed the goo into his mouth (unless they really sex up those Italian editions). Or how about the Skully the friendly ghost theory in 236 because you didn’t know about Flora and Skully’s talk about his humanity? Your point of possibilities then becomes self-defeating. It’s like you can't hear the train rolling by until it's five feet in front of you. I’m not just flaming, I believe these are valid observations, and the reason so many people give you that "attitude" you despise so. It’s fine to be aware of possibilities, but when you invest too much thought in them, you’re going to lose focus of what the author has actually told you.Oh, I get your spirit.

Xstretch.jpg

Get it? It's Stretch, like "stretching the facts."
Boo!
8)​

-Griffith

No, this is not my spirit and the example of the behelit egg is a lame one. I admit(why shouldn't I) that sometimes I don't have somethings clear, I ask and if there is info I get it. Last time, with Walter it was something like this. Let's say, he corrected me and eventually, we seemed to settle our opinions about Skully.
Now I am saying what I tried to clear up to Shurikn above and I get flamed by attitude. I say flame because I honestly, don't see how you could disagree with what I said above. If I am wrong tell me. But I believe if we let flaming aside we could have get what the other person is saying and agreed much sooner.

Skull Knight doesn't have a berserk armor. Guts has the armor that Skull Knight wore. It was said that the armor has the ability to turn the one who wears it into a demon. The form it takes is reflected on the beast within. The armor had a skull helmet when Guts first put it on, then it changed to reflect his inner beast which is the wolf like creature. Who's to say that the same thing didn't happen to SK. His inner beast could be a skeletal creature and the armor took that shape. And SK is obviously not human so I think it's pretty clear that the armor is what made him into what he is. As for his current form, we don't know if that's him or if he's wearing more armor. Or maybe we do. Just my thoughts.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Check this also out (maybe because you want to flame ME, you'll now stop with this quote of Walter):
What the hell did I do to deserve bring dragged into this shit? Leave me alone.

dwarfkicker said:
It was said that the armor has the ability to turn the one who wears it into a demon.
It was also said that the wearer might be able to control it. Anyway does skullknight look more like a human or a demon?

dwarfkicker said:
The form it takes is reflected on the beast within. The armor had a skull helmet when Guts first put it on, then it changed to reflect his inner beast which is the wolf like creature. Who's to say that the same thing didn't happen to SK. His inner beast could be a skeletal creature and the armor took that shape. And SK is obviously not human so I think it's pretty clear that the armor is what made him into what he is. As for his current form, we don't know if that's him or if he's wearing more armor. Or maybe we do. Just my thoughts.
I agree with that. So why couldn't it be that Skully has a similar armour right now with the one of Guts'?
Forgetting for a sec the dialogue where it could seem that they are talking about the same armour (IMHO it is more an impression than a fact) lots of the characteristics skully has shown so far could be explained by such an armour.

-The eternal flame Skully said about the armour and the path of hell Zoddo mentions about Skullknight. The glow that appears in the holes of the armour at his eyes could have it's origins to the od of the armour. Since there is no body inside there I believe this makes good sense as an explanation of why Skullknight is able to roam about. Berserk armour's eternal flame could be an explanation of the Skully's status.
Just, think of this: Guts dying inside his new Berserker armour. What will happen next? According to the above, the armour should sustain the flame inside. The resulting aspect of the armour, be it of an od of the beast or something more human, it will depend of how well Guts was able to control the od of the armour before dying. So, if Skullknight was able to control the armour fairly well the result could very well be what we are seeing right now.
Now, please, I am not saying that I believe this is what happened. Just presenting (in my opinion) an applausible alternative. What I believe is a fact, is that we still don't know or can be sure about Skully's armour (it could be a berserk armour or something very near or it could be a totally different thing).

Griffith

xechnao said:
Forgetting for a sec the dialogue where it could seem that they are talking about the same armour (IMHO it is more an impression than a fact) lots of the characteristics skully has shown so far could be explained by such an armour.

This is why you have zero credibility.

I don't even dislike the theory that follows (aside from Skully not wearing the armor Guts is for whatever reason), but why do you have to painfully ignore the facts to make it?

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Forgetting for a sec the dialogue where it could seem that they are talking about the same armour
We should throw out factual evidence? You know what, that's not a bad idea. While we're at it, we can just go ahead and throw out volume 10 completely! It really just complicates things.

On your way back from the trash can make sure to pick up the supplemental copy of the NEW History of Besrerk by Xechnao! It's much more functional and cements the heavily-reinforced Gaiseric/Ganishka parallel.

Xech, I'm not dissing your ideas. They're fine, but they belong in a fanfiction section, not here. And just because we don't have one on the board doesn't mean you can just file your random ideas anywhere you like. There is a rhyme, reason and a FUNCTION to productive speculation: the heart of which is relying on FACTUAL EVIDENCE as the basis for an argument, not just making stuff up.

The End.

Griffith said:
This is why you have zero credibility. I even like the theory that follows (aside from Skully still wearing the armor), but why do you have to painfully ignore the facts to make it?

-Griffith

Griff and Walter, well, this is a point of conflict. IMHO it makes sense to say that it could be an impression than a fact, taken account the way Skully interacts.
Furthermore, I believe it could also be strange even if it wasn't Skully but a more normal person to say to Guts: "...Yes, I am inside such an armor right now..."
This could be really creepy for Guts at that moment I think (yikees!).
Yes, this is just my opinion and I am well aware of what I am saying and of chapter 237. I believe I explained well why I could have such an opinion, in a way that I could mention it over here (and not in a fanfiction thread). And I am not saying take it. Just saying what I thought about 237.
Anyway, finally you could also be right. Maybe Skully put on this armor, he died and somehow they managed to transfer his spirit-od in another armor that could sustain it forever (the one we are seeing right now). But technically it's the same thing, isn't it?

Griffith

xechnao said:
normal person to say to Guts: "...Yes, I am inside such an armor right now..."
This could be really creepy for Guts at that moment I think (yikees!).

Yeah, Skully is sensative that way, but he has no problem telling Guts he's losing his sense of taste, smell, sight and that he won't be human if he keeps wearing the armor. Pretty bluntly at that, first thing he says to him out of the blue. All aboard the logic train! Conductor Griff will get you where you need to go!

xechnao said:
Anyway, finally you could also be right.

No, I'm not right, it explicitly says it in the story. You're just wrong.

xechnao said:
Maybe Skully put on this armor, he died and somehow they managed to transfer his spirit-od in another armor that could sustain it forever (the one we are seeing right now). But technically it's the same thing, isn't it?

Or that's just what the armor did to Skully and he's not "wearing" anything. And I'm glad you pointed out that it's the same difference. So why the hell do you even bother to contend that Guts' armor isn't the same armor Skully wore, even after Skully says he did?

-Griffith

That last part there Grif was the same point I was trying to get across. What did I do wrong to warrant a deletion of my last two or three posts? Just point that out to me so I don't do it again.

Griffith said:
Yeah, Skully is sensative that way, but he has no problem telling Guts he's losing his sense of taste, smell, sight and that he won't be human if he keeps wearing the armor. Pretty bluntly at that. All aboard the logic train!
Well it could make a different effect and impact on Guts and Shielke on my opinion. It is still very creepy what Skully said, but telling him I am inside one of it right now I believe it could be more shocking but also not on par with the mystic atmospheric built up of the story, so as Miura has accustomed us with the Skullknight "element".
Well, it is just my opinion. Why I've bothered about it so far? Well you have so fiercelly object it, even if I' ve also aknowledged that I believe I could also be wrong and you right. This is still my opinion and honestly, I don't see why it has drown so much negative attention even if I take care every time to say it is just nothing more than my opinion.
Now, please allow me to shut up as I don't want to speak more about it. I believe we have exhaust it and practically we are coming to the same conclusion.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
xechnao said:
Well, it is just my opinion. Why I've bothered about it so far? Well you have so fiercelly object it, even if I' ve also aknowledged that I believe I could also be wrong and you right. This is still my opinion and honestly, I don't see why it has drown so much negative attention even if I take care every time to say it is just nothing more than my opinion.

You drew negative attention because your opinion was contradictory to the accepted facts of the topic. What made it worse is that, when confronted with these facts from the text, you chose to ignore them and make up your own "facts" that you garnered from your imagination.

In other words, you were and are WRONG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom