Episode 238

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I, on the other hand, am just an asshole with a chip on his shoulder. ;D

cmz said:
I didn't intend to bring up a new "x-factor" in the series as you so eloquently put it. I gave my input (i.e. I think he's "this") and I greatly extrapolated some lame what-ifs.

At any rate, one thing that I've realized on this board is that if you make some sort of outlandish comment you will get FLAMED in the usual manner. The above post is a great example of what has been re-iterated countless times on this board. I wouldn't have a problem with comments like these if they are meant to be constructive, but, obviously, this one isn't... in fact, it goes beyond any lame drivel that I've ever posted on this fantastic board...

Whoa! Whoa! Stop right there, my friend of irony, you contradicted your no "lame drivel" standards with that long-winded, defensive boo hoo right there. ;)

Oh wait, you already sealed it with the God Hand thing Wally rightly dissed. Let's just get it out of the way right now, any new thing that's introduced into the series, could possibly be the key to the destruction of God Hand. Okay? Nobody ever has to say that again.

People, if you can't hang, why are you here?

-Griffith

P.S. My nuts are going to bring about the destruction of God Hand. 8)

cmz

Science Fry
Griffith said:
I, on the other hand, am just an asshole with a chip on his shoulder. ;DWhoa! Whoa! Stop right there, my friend of irony, you contradicted your no "lame drivel" standards with that long-winded, defensive boo hoo right there. ;)

Oh wait, you already sealed it with the God Hand thing Wally rightly dissed. Let's just get it out of the way right now, any new thing that's introduced into the series, could possibly be the key to the destruction of God Hand. Okay? Nobody ever has to say that again.

People, if you can't hang, why are you here?

-Griffith

P.S. My nuts are going to bring about the destruction of God Hand. 8)

Yeah I'm lame - I made a defensive comment, I guess. I'm not really being defensive if you really take a step back and look at what I said. I am just stating the obvious... although, I see your point... I shouldn't have added the extra crap in there about "drivel" -- I guess THAT makes me sound like a jag-off (and I don't dispute that).

Yeah, to also respond to the penultimate paragraph ... I don't think that anything new in Berserk has to do with the destruction of the GH. It is just a thought... not so well thought out.. but a simple thought. That's it. I don't mean to blow things out of proportion. I mean, if something happens 5 years/many chapters from now and the new kid actually does do some incredible (i.e. take out you know who) than I guess I can score brownie points for my excessively BROAD remark I made several years back.

To get more specific, though, I think I'll make a post in the "speculations" board when/if a topic about the kid comes up. I still think he's the bizzle.

P.S. What's up with your nuts? I can refer you to a good urologist.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
windeline said:
The demon baby and this new baby seem to have the same kind of eyes. Like I said... I'm probably just looking for it... but anyways. :)

There's something you guys have overlooked...

TheProof.jpg

OMG, he has come to flesh and bones! Fear, Griffith, for your reign has come to an end.

Cryptic

my mom says im cool...
wow this is the best chapter I have read in long time.

anywho.. just thought I would throw up two more speculations about Guts Jr, since everybody else is doing it.

1) Maybe after Griffiths encounter with Guts and Caska at the hill of swords Griffith decided that his emotions for Caska could have been a weakness, so in order to get rid of his "weakness" he seperated himself from the evil fetus thingy ;) and since he really didnt feel like baby sitting he sent it to Guts and Co.

or

2) Since Griffiths new powers(or whatever you want to call it) seem to rely on fate, and guts seems to be unaffected by it he could have created Guts Jr, as a backup plan. so since Griffith and Guts Jr came from the same body, if one dies both die. So guts wont be able to kill Griffith without killing his own son, and i dont think even Guts would sink that low just for revenge.

I really doubt that iether of those will happen but you never know. feel free to coment/flame as you will.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
There's something you guys have overlooked...

TheProof.jpg

OH SNAP! It's really him! OK guys this might sound a little weird but Schnoz is going to blow the God Hand away with his nostrils of "Truth and Justice". The whole little boy thing is just a disguise so he can get close to Serpico who is going to summon the God Hand.

korkor

I could be a llama
QUeeN typhonblue said:
Maybe this is a manifestation of the demon child's wish to be with his parents. Maybe the Behelit apostle offered him his wish in exchange for a sacrifice. But what would he have sacrificed? Hmm...

or maybe he can use grifiths powers! :eek:

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
I don’t deny the plausibility that this boy has nothing directly to do with the demon child. But I think that it’s a weaker theory and should be considered second. Like the dictionary; =)

Moonlight Boy

1. An ethereal projection of the demon child’s soul drawn
by Casca’s desire and the child's will.

2. Casca can conjure children out of thin air. (WDT 1)

Working with what we know, it just makes a little more sense when you throw in the demon child and the mysterious power of God and all that mucky ethereal goodness. Also, if you look at how he interacts with Guts, it’s almost as if they have history together. Combine this with the parallels of the moon, the rebirth… pages 20 and 21, and it all paints a more compelling picture than just the child simply being a manifestation of Casca’s desire alone. While that’s still a likely scenario, why give priority to it over a theory with more weight behind it?

-Griffith

3. The kid is actually purely Gattsu's desire for a child.

Yup, weaker theory. But still, I'd figure I'd throw it in there in case it turns out to be right, then everybody can say "oooh look how much foresight he has. He's so dreamy!"

That being said, I think there's a good case for it. For one thing, Gatts has all (most) of his wits intact. Which probably means that his desires are made manifest more easily than someone mentally unfocused, like Casca. Besides, we've already seen him conjure up a dark being, why not one of a nicer persuasion? The angel & devil on the shoulder kind of thing.

Besides, for the first time in a VERY long time, Gatts has been given hope for Casca's recovery. That's a pretty major event right there, that we've already seen triggering some pretty heavy thinking on Gatts' part. My guess is that the kid is the physical representation of Gatts' desire for peace & happiness with Casca, as well as his guilt for turning his back on the demon baby.

Also, I'll bet that since (in my theory) it's a projection of Gatts', then as soon as he leaves the sea area it will fade. That'd be a nice, blunt parallel to the choice he may have to make in Elfhelm to leave Casca to pursue Griffith again. A more concrete way of saying that he can have either revenge & a better midland or happiness & a better personal life, but never both.

Finally, whatever would be worse for Gatts is usually the way Miura goes in Berserk, which I think is the strongest argument for my theory =)
It'd probably be a lot harder on our hero if he had to confront the child as solely his heart's desire.

edit: I'm too good for the preview button.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Sure, the kid seems innocent enough, what with the being all cute and climbing all over Guts, so it makes sense to think maybe he's a manifestation of Casca's and/or Guts' desires. But frankly, I'm waiting for him to sneak up and whisper into Guts' ear... "kill her." ;D Thus proving that he's *actually* a physical-world manifestation of Guts' beast ^_- I mean, c'mon, this is the beast's last chance to take out Casca before she's cured! If Casca comes back, the beast has nearly zero chance of convincing Guts to off her.

I remember someone talking about how a large part of the beast was probably born when Guts was a kid, fighting for his life against that wolf pack in a half dream-state... under the light of the full moon. Maybe the two boys-in-the-moonlight are connected?

At any rate, it's probably no coincidence that the kid shows up just as they learn about a possible cure for Casca. :p

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
Strix said:
Now Caska remeber me Sys o_O

Well that kind of relation is more than obvious since a long time a go...but I still dont get the whole picture...I miss the translations...maybe there is more than meet the eye.... ??? :eek: 8)

lordofmasks

any of you just think its a normal orphaned kid.

and do any of you see any kinda of parallel between whats going on with this kid, and what happened with guts?

guts being gambino, casca being shizu, and the kid being guts. yeah i know its not under a tree with corpses, but i do believe that shizu went insane over losing her child, and casca is insane and has lost a child.

im not saying direct parallel here guys, just wanted to open up the possiblity of it just being a normal human baby

Thanks for the scans (and for the translations, Saiki). I'm loving all these recent developments. I didn't think there'd be any more of the demon baby, except for dealing with the consequences of Griffith using its body, so this chapter was a jaw-dropper for me. I can't wait to find out more, and if this child really is some manifestation of the demon baby, that could add a wrinkle to the episode at the Hill of Swords where Griffith was blaming his feelings for Guts and Caska on the baby.

The kid was adorable, but at the same time a little creepy. Speaking of which, that look Serpico gave Farnese was…interesting. I'd say all is not quiet on the Serpico/Farnese front. I also loved how Isidro was using his fire knife as a flashlight. :) He's quite the resourceful kid.

On the fluff side of things, I liked seeing Guts and Caska so close together, even if it didn't last long. I haven't thought much about Guts in a paternal role, though, probably because his past dealings with children (and child-like creatures) weren't exactly positive.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krebs4life said:
do any of you see any kinda of parallel between whats going on with this kid, and what happened with guts?

guts being gambino, casca being shizu, and the kid being guts. yeah i know its not under a tree with corpses, but i do believe that shizu went insane over losing her child, and casca is insane and has lost a child.

im not saying direct parallel here guys, just wanted to open up the possiblity of it just being a normal human baby
Well, the Gambino parallels have been abound since ~volume 13, in my opinion. Isidro has taken the role of Guts in the Gambino/Guts recurrence as of late, but with this new character maybe have another. But... until Guts is determined that the new character is the "son of the Devil", I'm unconvinced its anything other than a subtle plot parallel for style. Definitely cool potential though, good call.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guil-BANNED! said:
Excuse me, in which page can I see this look Serpico is giving ? I didn't found it... :-[
Guil
Page 19, lower-left. A little overrated in my opinion...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Oh, I had seen this but couldn't think of something important related to Serpico. Imo he's just looking at Farnese, you know, he's always careful about what she's thinking, doing and undergoing. Well... :-\
Guil

Nosferatu

BERSERK
Did anybody notice that spiral on Puck's finger on page 8, and if so, do you know what it means? It's the first time I've seen it in all the volumes released so far!

Guil-BANNED! said:
Oh, I had seen this but couldn't think of something important related to Serpico. Imo he's just looking at Farnese, you know, he's always careful about what she's thinking, doing and undergoing.

Yeah, it's nothing dramatic and maybe it is just Serpico keeping an eye on her as usual. I find it interesting mostly because Serpico has been bound to her for years and there's been a few moments that had me wondering if he'll eventually break free of those particular chains and find his own path. I'd like to see Serpico separate more from Farnese. Not entirely, as she will always be an important part of his life, but enough that he can see there is a life outside of Farnese.

That means I'm always looking for signs of change in their relationship, but I admit it's with a biased eye because I want to see more changes.

I'm always more than willing to go wherever Miura leads, but I still harbor a few hopes…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom