Episode 239

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
http://www.hotarubi.net/suavo/berserk/Berserk_vol28_ch239_RAW.zip

The Special Preview for 239 is up, friends.


It's chillingly revealing, as usual. ^_-​

The title is "Tsukaima". (does this mean "familiar", as in the type a magician would have?)
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Hah! Revealing indeed.

Anyway, "familiar"... okay, sticking to last week's speculations 1.) the child looks familiar. =) In the vein of what Gray said, 2.) the child is someone's familiar (this one will be popular). 3.) This is a familiar situation (looks like flames outside the window), perhaps like the last battle at Flora's. 4.) The flames and this "familiar" are connected somehow, perhaps one in the same or the fire is at least by the power of this strange force known as "familiar." 5.) All of the above, hey, why not?

6.) None of the above, whatever is "familiar," I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about (another good answer). :)

-Griffith
 
Griffith said:
Hah! Revealing indeed.

looks like flames outside the window), the flames and familiar are connected somehow, perhaps one in the same or by power of this "familiar." None of the above, whatever's "familiar," I have no clue. :)

-Griffith
Look at the last page of previous chapter. It is clouds-mist gathering and coming. Something like what Ganishka has created in Midland castle.
And then this crocodile too...
hehe, too much Ganishka
Is he going to spy on Vritannis?
 

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
or...

18) the alligator is a familiar of some wizard, possibly Ganishka.

or maybe even...

19) Puck is a familiar of the Elf King, and their combined powers, along with the power of Heart, will destroy God Hand forever. ^_-
 

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
Familiar: Is someone relative to...like brother, sister, or else... :p

Getting serious...looks like trouble again for Guts and Company...maybe Grunbert was chasing them after all... :eek:

lordofmasks
 

iggy

Oh no! Not hagued again !
When the Hague is not here, the dogs are dancing. (?)

Griffith said:
Anyway, "familiar"... okay, sticking to last week's speculations 1.) the child looks familiar. =) In the vein of what Gray said, 2.) the child is someone's familiar (this one will be popular). 3.) This is a familiar situation (looks like flames outside the window), perhaps like the last battle at Flora's. 4.) The flames and this "familiar" are connected somehow, perhaps one in the same or the fire is at least by the power of this strange force known as "familiar."
A tsukaima is a "familiar" in the meaning "spirit called/created by a wizard to obey him and do whatever he created/called them for". So we can forget 1) and 3).
And, familiars, Elfheim, wizards, etc... It all goes along together.
If familiars are usually animal shapped, Abe no seimei, the famous onmyôji, was famous for having child-shapped familiars(shikigami in his case) who took care of his home (a detail extremely convenient to point every person working on the onmyôjutsu, call them pedophiles, laugh at them and then be cursed and having crows shit on you), so the child being a familiar from Elfheim is the most probable right now, especially because it explains Schierke's reaction.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The crocodile is a familiar/negotiator sent by Ganishka to help bring Guts over to his side to take down the God Hand.
 
I speculate that history is repeating itself as we see it, which is familiar to us. To start off we have everybody trying to claim midland, kinda like when king gaiseric(if i spelt that right) stopped the tribal wars a long time ago. Will superGutts and the skullknight do this again? Also....
Gutts being like Gambino and his crazy wife shizu. But the difference here, is that Caska has a chance to become sane again(HAHAHAHAHA TAKE THAT SHIZU). Shizu found Gutts under his mom's corpse and took him under her wing, caska is kind of doing the same with this new/unknown child. And last, but not least, flora has helped the skullknight for the longest time, even when flora was young. Well now its that little witch shierke or selkie or shiskabob, shawshank redemption???? CHiiiiiccaaagooo........


Anways, she is helping out gutts while it seems gutts is going in the same path as the skully skull bone head knight?
 
Walter said:
The crocodile is a familiar/negotiator sent by Ganishka to help bring Guts over to his side to take down the God Hand.
Hehe



About the part we see of "the crocodile" at last page of the last chapter. It really look like the part we see of the Kelpie in the first page of the chapter 211... maybe it's a more powerfull creature than the Kelpie using the water element.. well, we'll see soon !
 

Namrok

I'm a man who's sick, but I've got class
mtlcknight said:
Also....Gutts being like Gambino and his crazy wife shizu. But the difference here, is that Caska has a chance to become sane again(HAHAHAHAHA TAKE THAT SHIZU). Shizu found Gutts under his mom's corpse and took him under her wing, caska is kind of doing the same with this new/unknown child.
This is probably the thing that makes the most sense, to me at least. Plus I'd really like to see Guts wrestling with how to avoid being like Gambino. Perhaps get some good nostalgic flashbacks and some commentary in retrospect by Guts. It'd be a great chance for some more nice meaningful character developement like we've seen in these past few chapters.
 
B

Beave

Guest
Graywords said:
or...

19) Puck is a familiar of the Elf King, and their combined powers, along with the power of Heart, will destroy God Hand forever. ^_-
Yeah, like the band Heart-- cooooooool Baracuda!! ;D

Maybe there'll be a baracuda apostle. Then, when they animate it, they can play that song....... ;)
 

nir085

Horse and Armor
Awesome avatar Shurikn.

Wild and hopeful speculations aside, I say the only logical thing to assume is that it is the demon baby. There may not be a double meaning either.

I'm kind of surprised seeing Guts calmly staring out of the window considering the fact that they were at Vrittanis during all of the last chapter and some kind of crocodile appeared at the end. So unless Guts, the Demon Baby, or someone else made quick work of this beast, maybe it really was just someone's spy.
 
nir085 said:
I thought that was the name for the sea? Well, just the sea then.
Vritannis is a nearby city-port and also where the Holy Order is based now..
Guts and Co are on their way there to get a boat for elfhelm. On the same time, Midland forces are gathering there against the Kushans.
 
nir085 said:
Awesome avatar Shurikn.
thanks a lot, I'm proud of it but I have nothing to do with the great coloring (I don't know if it's coloring or if was like that in the volume) i don't remember where i found it, it's been a long time that i have it but i never found somewhere to host it, i found one yesterday.. I had to resize it because the original is very big.. i use it as a wallpaper on my laptop.

nir085 said:
I thought that was the name for the sea? Well, just the sea then.
Since everybody will answer about this (:p).. it's the name of the city/port there's a lot of war boats there, "every" noble from the region gathered there for the war, we know this since the volume 24 I think..
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Shurikn said:
thanks a lot, I'm proud of it but I have nothing to do with the great coloring (I don't know if it's coloring or if was like that in the volume) i don't remember where i found it,
Probably here since I colored it. ;)

-Griffith
 
Hello, I would like to begin my first post by saying 'Thank you' for all the work put in by the Skullknight.net group in delivering Berserk scans/translations hot off the YA presses-

But Griffith, do you have a full size version of Shurikn's avatar? I spent about two hours searching for it, until giving up and finally registering an account instead of just lurking :) I am a big Grateful Dead fan, so that picture helps combine two of my favorite things.

Thanks

--
Aerk
 

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Olivier Hague said:
They're not Midland forces.
;D
Indeed. If I'm not wrong, they're forces of some allied nations who want to push back kushans since they can be a danger to them too.
Anyway, there was no more Midland forces, till the new Band of the Hawks made its apparition at Shet (it is Shet, right ? ^^)

Guil
 
Olivier Hague said:
They're not Midland forces.
It's their allied forces under the Holy Order banner in means of fighting the Kushans.
Is is detailed and clear enough now? :eek:


Guil-BANNED! said:
;D
Indeed. If I'm not wrong, they're forces of some allied nations who want to push back kushans since they can be a danger to them too.
Anyway, there was no more Midland forces, till the new Band of the Hawks made its apparition at Shet (it is Shet, right ? ^^)

Guil
Guil, hehe
technically no.
Band of new Hawks were not under Charlotte's command. Since Charlotte was a captive there could be no Midland forces. ;D
 
Top Bottom